Scotland v England 150th year anniversary match

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Did it make you feel like a really big boy. ???  Or a small minded little racist p***k who's so insecure in his own identity that he has to indulge in pound shop Green Brigade politically illiterate bullshit ???  

it was funny. Go and have a biscuit and a wee lie down, 

It was funny watching Souness trying to backtrack after the game after claiming that Bellingham was only picked because he played for Real Madrid, during the build up. "First time I've seen him actually, marvellous talent!" :lol: 

Well work has been about as enjoyable as a kick in the nads. I've seen enough of Rice over the past couple seasons to know he is "world class" just makes it look so effortless, whilst we looked all over the shop. We were making passes that they were four or five steps in front of. Bellingham is on another level all together though, as folk have said it would have required them playing very poorly and us playing at a really high level to get a win last night. 

The result doesn't change our qualifying campaign, unfortunately England are just streets in front of us they are a goalkeeper and centre half away from a completely solid international side, we won't face many sides as good as they are. The likes of Spain and Germany seem to be going through a transition, and we can feasibly compete with them at the moment. 

Spain away will be a difficult task, but they've got more to lose than we do. That game should suit our style a lot more than last night did. 

Anyway, counting down the minutes to get out for lunch and have a tennents and set the world to rights. 

Ps, f**k the king.

As an aside, I thought the atmosphere last night was a bit flat at times. That’s something I’ve noticed at Hampden on quite a few occasions recently, with the Spain game being a notable exception. The Nigel’s had a drum and were all singing and making lots of noise.

Might it be a good idea to get a dedicated singing section at Hampden rather than random disjointed pockets of the crowd trying and failing to get a song going?

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It was funny watching Souness trying to backtrack after the game after claiming that Bellingham was only picked because he played for Real Madrid, during the build up. "First time I've seen him actually, marvellous talent!" :lol: 

Jesus f*cking Christ, how does he get paid to talk about football across multiple platforms.

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Well that was a wake up call for the uber optimists amongst us. Aa number of our players shown up for what they are which is good, competent international footballers - nothing more.

Out played, out thought, out fought by a fitter more athletic and skilful team.

But at least we won the booing so that'll teach them.

Shown up for what they are, settle down 😂

Aside from France, who they’d give a game, that is probably the best international team on the planet. 

I said last night in my WhatsApp chats that England always cruise through the qualifiers, it’s not really competition for them. At Hampden though when there is no real pressure on them and they want to get it right fucking up the home fans that are booing their national anthem etc etc then they’ll turn up and want to put on a performance.

Which they did and when they do that they are undoubtedly a very good team. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

6 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

As an aside, I thought the atmosphere last night was a bit flat at times. That’s something I’ve noticed at Hampden on quite a few occasions recently, with the Spain game being a notable exception. The Nigel’s had a drum and were all singing and making lots of noise.

Might it be a good idea to get a dedicated singing section at Hampden rather than random disjointed pockets of the crowd trying and failing to get a song going?

Easy to sing when you are winning. They were very quiet when we got a goal back.

2 hours ago, East Calder Lion said:

Having watched the match last night I know I can safely go back to ignoring this Scotland team as long as Clarke is manager.  He has a personality that would turn milk sour and that is reflected in the passive performance of the players.

This is the best group of players we have had in a long time, however they are destined to be also rans due to Clarke's extreme negativity.

Last night with a full house of passionate supporters we should have been getting stuck in and making the most of the Hampden crowd, instead we just stood off and let England play.  It was an embarrassment start to finish.  

OTT though the quoted post is, they have a point. Watching Che Adams static allowing Ramsdale to stroke the ball between the full backs without even the suggestion of putting him under pressure was baffling. He must have been instructed to play that way. If he wasn't he needs bollocked.

58 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Mccoist just represents the majority of the people of Scotland. You need to learn to respect democracy.

I'll never respect a state that actively promotes a class system thru a non elected head of state,who is a billionaire,while millions can't pay their bills or to a country south of the border that is actively robbing us of every asset we have and have done so to every other country they were ever in.........

Well beaten on the night from a team that we must admit looked levels above us, it is slightly concerning that we offered so little going forward.

Time after time we just went where England wanted us to go and ran into dead ends and trouble.

I hope the result doesn’t see our heads drop a little because there is still so much we need to be positive about, just a little realisation that we are still a long way off the top teams.

25 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

Atmosphere at kick off was massive. Nothing on the pitch to get at all excited about so everyone ended up flat. It killed any potential atmosphere. 

2 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Atmosphere at kick off was massive. Nothing on the pitch to get at all excited about so everyone ended up flat. It killed any potential atmosphere. 

That’s kind of what I’m on about though. If we had a dedicated singing section we could get songs going throughout the match even when things aren’t going well. It could give the players a wee boost when things are looking tough.

As it is, the atmosphere seems entirely dependent on how well we are playing at any given moment. 

Souness is a silly old duffer. Astonishing that clown is still getting airtime. Remember when the fans started clapping during the Euros for the players coming on the pitch and he thought it was him 🤣 He should be left well in the embers of football in days if yore.

In terms of praise for England. Who will I be giving praise to? Absolutely fucking nobody. We have to listen to their fan’s and pundit’s arrogance towards us and the rest of football constantly, and I’m expected to roll over like a Sevconian boot-licker when they humped us. They can shove it right up their arse. 

1 hour ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Scotland fans should have kept kept quiet. I really don’t get all this sinking to other folk’s levels.

Scotland fans shouldn’t have booed GSTK either nor the England fans singing GSTK and ‘Rule Britannia’ (which was written by a Scot)

Putting aside all political talk, he’s Scotland’s king as well (and I’m not a royalist) and Scotland was very much part of the ‘rule Britannia’ empire.

Not booing these songs would have made the English fans look very stupid for singing them IMO and would actually have wound them up. As it was, they were the ones winding up the Scots.

What a fucking state to get yourself into over some silly songs about an unelected head of state.

Spoiler

"He's Scotland's King as well" 

Fucking hell