Scotland v England 150th year anniversary match

3 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Not sure playing one bad game = going backwards.  We haven't regressed as a team because England outplayed us (and we didn't show up) in a single one-off friendly.  Back to work in the qualifiers and hopefully pick up where we left off.

One positive is that despite conceding 3, Gunn showed he is a decent keeper (there has been no way of telling before now).

I meant literally backwards. As in a lot of our passes went backwards.

12 minutes ago, Molotov said:

They all were match winners through different eras. Think they all broke scoring records for club and international teams at some stage whether age or overall records. 

I wish we had players of their calibre when we were trying to just qualify for tournaments. 

Bellingham is a very special talent.

If you can’t see that then you’re a very blinkered individual. 

I can see he's talented,  strange tone for you to take 

But will he win England a tournament 

Or will he totally f**k it like the pantheon of others have done before 

No but he's different,  cue the media for the next year

Edited by Binos

2 hours ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Bit disappointed to read that he sang GSTK . He’s either a genuine royalist or is sooking up to his southern paymasters. Either way he can GTF 

Listening to Talksport this morning Brazil chinned him for singing it from the gantry.

I thought it was a piss-take, when he said it is the Natoonal anthem of Britain, and I'm British. 

The fat, Tory, bigoted bastirt!

I wonder if Clarke expected Maguire to start and that was the reason for adams over Dykes?

First half was crying out for Dykes. Any ball we did play into their half was a high ball to nothing. We got a lot more joy against them when Dykes and Christie came on.

My frustration was when we did get it wide to robertson/tierney first half both of them looked shite scared to go anywhere near Kyle Walker, i know he's rapid but we didn't even try to get a cross in. Lots of misplaced passes and nervy play, a lot of that was probably down to englands pressure.

Their defence is their weak point by a mile and we hardly had a go at pressing them until maguire came on. Better teams will get joy against them.

The high defensive line got caught out all day with balls over the top from england, almost all their players are rapid and it caused us so many problems. Their front line is probably close to the best in he world atm for talent.

Bellingham btw is going to be potentially best player in the world. He was another level and ripped us apart all game. You could tell he's come off a good month with madrid.

You could equally tell that phillips and maguire haven't played in months. Their worst players by a ways.

Robertson had his worst game in a while, tierney and hickey similar. Mctominay was chasing shadows, mcginn hardly saw the ball. 

Thought Gilmour and Mcregor had pass marks and Christie was good when he came on.

It shows the issues with the team, we're a very good unit when we play well. When we're not at our best, good teams will punish us. Our lack of options up top may cost us in a tournament setting.  But we need to test ourselves against the top sides or we'll never improve. Just hurst a bit more because it's England.

3 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

The team that Southgate put out was far stronger than ours. A big team that dominated the pitch. We could not match them, physically. They were good in possession of the ball as well.

If you can't out muscle the other team then you have to be quicker than them. We were slow and our passing was not good enough.

I said that to my son just before kick off. I thought the German's were always like that but they were of that mould. 

2 hours ago, beesher said:

All in all a night to forget.

Hate to sound like a wet wipe but the crowd were an absolute riot last night. had 2 hammered guys try and claim I was in their seat (after 60 and 70 mins respectively), some guy screaming at my section calling us all c***s because we weren't singing, and another hammered guy sat next to me talking utter shite in my ear for the entire first half.

Definitely the most pished crowd I've seen for a midweek game.

I sit in the South Stand, not too far from the away support and I was embarrassed by certain sections last night. The Harry Kane song, the bottle throwing incident and individual behaviours throughout were not what I have grown used to having followed the national team for over 30 years. I

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

It’s absolutely no surprise to me that England are producing a significant number of high quality footballers. 

There have been huge investments in the last 20 years in grass roots football and their club academies. 

Our facilities in contrast are a million miles away from the same standards. Even the facilities at Celtic and Rangers would likely not be near the levels of most premier league clubs down south. 

The gap in quality will only get wider. 

The TV money and advertising revenue that filters through the English game is off the scale. 

Add to the fact that they have a population 10 times our nation it’s really no surprise we struggle to compete on a regular basis. 

Spot on, the way they market there game has not been followed by ourselves, and the way the money filters through to grass roots level is also the right way to do things however, although the SFA set up is good and is producing players now, they're 10+ years in front of us and still put money into better facilities and coaching.

1 hour ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

As an aside, I thought the atmosphere last night was a bit flat at times. That’s something I’ve noticed at Hampden on quite a few occasions recently, with the Spain game being a notable exception. The Nigel’s had a drum and were all singing and making lots of noise.

Might it be a good idea to get a dedicated singing section at Hampden rather than random disjointed pockets of the crowd trying and failing to get a song going?

Again agreed, I think the SFA need to seriously consider a singing sections or something. The atmosphere has been pretty chronic for some time now. Yes, there have been spells and I do think the DJ stirs it up, but for long times during the game, the place is flat.

8 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Listening to Talksport this morning Brazil chinned him for singing it from the gantry.

I thought it was a piss-take, when he said it is the Natoonal anthem of Britain, and I'm British. 

The fat, Tory, bigoted bastirt!

Whether you like it or not it, GSTK is the British National anthem and many 100,000s of Scots consider themselves Scottish and British.

GSTK was regularly played in Scottish games right up to the 80s which I think many have forgotten.

Not sure what the Tory party has to do with anything 

2 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Whether you like it or not it, GSTK is the British National anthem and many 100,000s of Scots consider themselves Scottish and British.

GSTK was regularly played in Scottish games right up to the 80s which I think many have forgotten.

You are incredibly boring. 

4 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Well if it’s just as much ‘our’ national anthem then we have every right to boo something so morally bankrupt being attributed to us. 

3 hours ago, beesher said:

Hate to sound like a wet wipe but the crowd were an absolute riot last night. had 2 hammered guys try and claim I was in their seat (after 60 and 70 mins respectively), some guy screaming at my section calling us all c***s because we weren't singing, and another hammered guy sat next to me talking utter shite in my ear for the entire first half.

I happened to be in Barcelona when Newcastle were playing them and the game was postponed till the following day because of a storm. A Geordie sold us his tickets for a tenner because he'd miss his flight, and we ended up stuck in the middle of them, all grim faced, watching the Barcelona fans having a party while this c**t behind me shouted "TOON, TOON, TOON, TOON, TOON, TOON, TOON, TOON, TOON, TOON...." continuously in my ear for 90 minutes. 

Edited by welshbairn

6 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

My frustration was when we did get it wide to robertson/tierney first half both of them looked shite scared to go anywhere near Kyle Walker, i know he's rapid but we didn't even try to get a cross in.

This was doing my tits in. From my (somewhat hazy) memory, the first goal comes from Robertson coming inside rather than driving down the line, and us losing the ball. Edit - Nah total shite, was a terrible cross from Tierney resulting in an England throw in. 

Agree about Christie too. Everything was too easy for England as was just short passes in front of them. Absolutely crying out for somebody to run at their defence. 

Edited by PSJ.84

What a f'in state some folk get in over a song. If fans boo god save the king, then good. I want the opposition to have it right up them in exactly the same way I would expect England/Malta/Vanuatu should boo the flower of Scotland. This whole respecting your opponants national anthem is gen z Snapchat pish!

As for the whole Rangers fans being treated differently by Scotland fans, what a load of pish too. Pretty much every time been to Scotland games over many years has had rangers fans amongst group and had no more or less slagging that any other fan. In fact, I don't know a single rangers fan who doesn't support Scotland and most of the most loyal Scotland fans I know are Rangers season ticket holders.

It's the same club>country nonsense Celtic fans had in the 90's.

If a player from my club was playing vs Scotland, I'd probably boo them even more than the others. For that 90 minutes every home player is 'my' player and everyone else is the enemy. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

GSTK is a terrible choice for an anthem tbh.

I can’t imagine that even all of the English players necessarily love the royals, and even they may not want to sing a song that has almost nothing to do with England but is 100 % about supporting and serving the Royal family. 

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

GSTK is a terrible choice for an anthem tbh.

I can’t imagine that even all of the English players necessarily love the royals, and even they may not want to sing a song that has almost nothing to do with England but is 100 % about supporting and serving the Royal family. 

Let’s be honest, most of them blindly lap it up.

If international football's biggest underachievers don't win the Euros next year with those attacking options then it might never happen. Obviously Bellingham in particular looks an absolutely sensational prospect to dominate the next decade.

Meanwhile we just need to lick our wounds and go again next month.

3 minutes ago, George Parr said:

If international football's biggest underachievers don't win the Euros next year with those attacking options then it might never happen. Obviously Bellingham in particular looks an absolutely sensational prospect to dominate the next decade.

Meanwhile we just need to lick our wounds and go again next month.

Spain and France away in October. The tough games come thick and fast. 

3 hours ago, beesher said:

Lad infront of me somehow managed to sneak in a few cans of beer. :lol: