Result of the Day

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Not many sides can give a crack outfit like Ardeer two of a start and still come out on top. 

Great stuff from Beith against the 1959/60 Western League Champions.  

I wouldnae go baitin the Beeth boys this week!! 

mibee next! 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Not many sides can give a crack outfit like Ardeer two of a start and still come out on top. 

Great stuff from Beith against the 1959/60 Western League Champions.  

All the more remarkable it was Beith reserves that were playing Apparently they have a big game next week so the big guns were held back All part of Strains masterplan He thought he would make use of the 120 minutes to get them even fitter and find out how they would react with going behind and having to chase a game for the first time this season He ended up playing a back 2 with the attacking midfielder Rossiner pulled back to sit just in front of them 3 midfielders and 4 upfront The man is a tactical genius as it worked out fine in the end😄😄😄

33 minutes ago, maicoman said:

All the more remarkable it was Beith reserves that were playing Apparently they have a big game next week so the big guns were held back All part of Strains masterplan He thought he would make use of the 120 minutes to get them even fitter and find out how they would react with going behind and having to chase a game for the first time this season He ended up playing a back 2 with the attacking midfielder Rossiner pulled back to sit just in front of them 3 midfielders and 4 upfront The man is a tactical genius as it worked out fine in the end😄😄😄

Too far .....

Special mention to Lesmahagow who managed another goalfest at Bellshill, which ended 5-5.

Our rampant goalscoring ability since the start of the season has only been matched by our ability to let them in

So far this season

7-6 win v Vale of Leven

1-1 v  Dalry. Timid affair

5-4 loss v Kilsyth Ath. Missed pen.

6-1 win v Kello Rovers

5-5 v Bellshill Athletic

I'm going for 9-8 win over Glasgow United., next Saturday 🤣

Edited by Father Ted

8 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Funny though...well played, Sir.

Thanks The last part of that was true the way he had the team set up to get back in to it Just to many changes but fair play to him for turning it around and to Ardeer for making a game of it Can remember when Chris Strain snr was Ardeer manager and for 1 year only (i think) they had a very good team that nearly put Talbot out of the Scottish Cup at Beechwood  Talbot scored a 93rd minute header to stay in it and went on to win the replay Anybody else remember that game? I am going to take a mad guess and say 22 year a go

17 minutes ago, maicoman said:

Thanks The last part of that was true the way he had the team set up to get back in to it Just to many changes but fair play to him for turning it around and to Ardeer for making a game of it Can remember when Chris Strain snr was Ardeer manager and for 1 year only (i think) they had a very good team that nearly put Talbot out of the Scottish Cup at Beechwood  Talbot scored a 93rd minute header to stay in it and went on to win the replay Anybody else remember that game? I am going to take a mad guess and say 22 year a go

2001. John Traynor scored past his brother in the Ardeer goal

2 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

2001. John Traynor scored past his brother in the Ardeer goal

Thanks Can not believe my guess was right It was the quarter finals and the only time i have been at Beechwood when Beith were not playing It was a cracking header

12 hours ago, maicoman said:

Thanks Can not believe my guess was right It was the quarter finals and the only time i have been at Beechwood when Beith were not playing It was a cracking header

Was a hawf volley rocket in the 90th min. 

• 2 weeks later...

Two notable wins for teams in lower leagues than their opposition in the SJC stand out today.

Fourth Division Rossvale winning at second division Wishaw, although the home team are struggling in that league.

For me the better result is Larkhall Thistle (14th place in Div 2) winning 3-0 against Thorniewood United (10th place in Div 1).

I know they ain't West but how about lowly wee Dalbeattie Star of the SOSFL travelling all the way to mighty Carluke of Division 4 in the WOSFL and despite having to play against 10 men for over 50 mins miraculously took them to extra time and prevailed with a last minute goal. Hooray the minnows.

No slight is intended to Carluke Rovers in this post.

Bo'ness United 1-4 Cumbernauld United
BSC Glasgow 3-2 Caledonian Locos
Gretna 2008 2-1 Darvel
Lugar Boswell Thistle 4-2 Wishaw
Yoker Athletic 0-2 St Peters
Broomhill 0-1 Irvine Medda

Edited by GNU_Linux

15 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Dare I suggest, Benburb  0 Rutherglen Glencairn 3 ?

From watching the Predictor thread during the week, not one person predicted us to win, but I was quietly confident.

I stopped predicting you to win after the 14th let down. I did consider it but thought Ben's were more on form... and you couldn't even beat Penicuik 😂