Injuries

I'll be damned if any other team at Euro 2024 has a worse group of forwards than we do. Really hoping McTominay and McGinn step up and get whatever goals we get themselves.

There are a few options to replace Dykes imo 

But surely it has to be Tommy Conway, Clarke said Himself if anything happens he’ll draw from the U21 Squad ?? 

McBurnie is a definite No

Oli Burke, stop it

Nisbett, I don’t think so

Ryan Fraser, obviously not as he’d have been in this squad

Ross Stewart, I do  think so due to lack of games/playing time imo 

Harvey Barnes, 100% No as he’d have been in this original squad 

Hardie at Plymouth, canna see it…….. 

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'll be damned if any other team at Euro 2024 has a worse group of forwards than we do. Really hoping McTominay and McGinn step up and get whatever goals we get themselves.

Pretty sure Hungary are also weak in that area 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

And he definitely caused the fall out between Steve Clarke and Ryan Fraser that definitely happened.

Haha there maybe wasn't a fallout as such but I reckon there's some kind of attitude issue with him and Clarke doesn't want him near the squad 

Edited by Butters Scotch

39 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

I'm not advocating calling up McBurnie, but that analogy is pretty weak.

There's an obvious world of difference between the two players right now. One is/was an active EPL striker, the other is trawling around in a retirement league.

The fact he scored a penalty in that game was being used as evidence he should be called up. I was pointing out an example to show that it wasn't really particularly relevant.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The fact he scored a penalty in that game was being used as evidence he should be called up. I was pointing out an example to show that it wasn't really particularly relevant.

I can't speak for the poster, but I inferred it as a bit of balance that McBurnie isn't the 100% disinterested useless player that he is often caricatured as, as opposed to saying he should definitely be called up.

41 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Che Adams and Laurence Shankland would be in the squad of at least 10 teams in the Euros.

Dykes offered something tangible in defending set pieces, the fact he's what 6'3" and built like a brick shithouse.

Our midfield will probably be a combination involving a few of the diminutive McGinn, Gilmour and McGregor we kinda needed his presence along with McTominay.

The fact that Ryan Jack did it is just so Scottish. If it was the other way round it would be a shoulder shrug.

The Players who weren't on the provisional squad will probably not be added to.

We have Adams, Shankland, Doak and McTominay so there's really no need to replace Dykes.

The u21s play on the same days as the senior play their friendlies so I doubt any players will be drafted in from the u21s.

If anything, Dykes being injured makes it easier for Steve Clarke. Just means Clarke only has one player to cut.

Clarke should've called up 33 players in the provisional squad in case of multiple withdrawal.

What's going to happen if another 2 or 4 players get injured? Is Clarke going to call up players and tell them to cut their holiday short?

1 minute ago, SlayerX said:

The Players who weren't on the provisional squad will probably not be added to.

We have Adams, Shankland, Doak and McTominay so there's really no need to replace Dykes.

The u21s play on the same days as the senior play their friendlies so I doubt any players will be drafted in from the u21s.

If anything, Dykes being injured makes it easier for Steve Clarke. Just means Clarke only has one player to cut.

Clarke should've called up 33 players in the provisional squad in case of multiple withdrawal.

What's going to happen if another 2 or 4 players get injured? Is Clarke going to call up players and tell them to cut their holiday short?

I’m sure they would manage to cut holidays short for the fucking Euro’s. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, allyo said:

Dykes bullied the old firm defenders before he moved down south, in a way that I don't remember anyone else managing. He might not have everything, but he frightens higher quality players in a way that none of the others do.

I don't think i'd try to replace him like for like.  If we need another striker, pick one. But don't look for Dykes Mk II.

Yep.

Haven't seen a striker bully old firm Defenders so well since Duncan Ferguson.

Edited by SlayerX

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m sure they would manage to cut holidays short for the fucking Euro’s. 

It would be more convenient if he didn't have to.

Ryan Fraser would rather train with Newcastle than play for Scotland.

And according to Steve Clarke a few players rejected call ups when he first got the gig.

Don't assume that every player cites playing for Scotland as an honour.

Edited by SlayerX

4 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Zero senior goals…

In fairness, he's only 18 years old.

Billy Gilmour has zero senior club goals.

If being called predicated on goalscoring only McGinn and McTominay would make the cut.

2 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

In fairness, he's only 18 years old.

Billy Gilmour has zero senior club goals.

If being called predicated on goalscoring only McGinn and McTominay would make the cut.

Well. Gimour is over hyped.