St Mirren V Dundee

1 hour ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

How are tickets in the away (Dundee) end going, anyone know?

Weather looks bad, though unsure whether that will put folk off or not?

Screenshot2023-08-1115_35_06.png.7050264ee44e2c375f0e7780ef1faa24.png

Warm and showers with sunny intervals I would say that's your typical summer Scottish weather. I'm coming by bus, ferry, train weather won't put me off COYS.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

May 83. Replayed on the Monday night, Saints won 2-1

ETA the Fraser goal was in the abandoned game, a volley from the edge of the box from a corner.

Funnily enough me and my cousin were talking about that game during the Forfar game (when we had a similar cloudburst).

Remember it well. The sun was splitting the skies a few minutes after the announcement to abandon. Some strike from the Dundee boy.

On 07/08/2023 at 01:17, Torfason said:

This is a great game, airports with Glasgow in the name but are NOT in Glasgow 👍🏻

IMG_0055.jpeg

To be fair the airport at Prestwick has had enough owners, names changes and financial troubles that it should be called Rangers International Prestwick Airport.

10 hours ago, Lex said:

Met them twice in Paisley since then, won both. Beat them 2-0 to effectively relegate them in May 2022, Grieve opened the scoring after a delightful turn and assist by Saints legend Charlie Adam. Then we had that 0-0 Scottish Cup stinker last season, before a hilarious penalty shoot out, that we won 3-0. The recent dominance over them is what you'd expect from an established top flight club against a yo-yo club, but we can't be complacent tomorrow. 

See if it came out in a few years that Adam had a bet on for St Mirren to win that game it really wouldn’t surprise me. That turn and cross was unreal I still don’t understand it at all.

5 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Well we didn't invite one half of the ugly sisters to rebrand our club shop and sell their merchandise at the stadium so there is that. St Mirren didn't do much 'standing up against' then did they? 

I'll bite it was literally the club that stood up and told them to take the signs down within a couple of hours. For what it's worth I couldn't care less about the signs, they made us money while Celtic rented the stadium. There's a reason we have never been in administration.

Edited to add

I'm disappointed I got myself involved in this pish.

Edited by thomas

4 hours ago, Molotov said:

IMG_3531.jpeg.46bb1b1f21b01622065fa85586b155c5.jpeg

Taken at Dens after Saints won the first division under Fergie with 4 games to go. That’s two titles I’ve seen clinched against Dundee. 

“Drinking in those Dundee tears since 1977.”

More of the same tomorrow please!

IMG_3532.thumb.jpeg.621fa446e3623c1665aa74be58a68880.jpeg

Was at that game, 'Sexy Lexy' great player.

Thank you.

30 minutes ago, thomas said:

I'll bite it was literally the club that stood up and told them to take the signs down within a couple of hours. For what it's worth I couldn't care less about the signs, they made us money while Celtic rented the stadium. There's a reason we have never been in administration.

Edited to add

I'm disappointed I got myself involved in this pish.

Celtic weren’t renting your stadium and opening a club shop to help you out, they were doing it so they made money, by facilitating them you were supporting and aiding their sectarian behaviour.

12 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Celtic weren’t renting your stadium and opening a club shop to help you out, they were doing it so they made money, by facilitating them you were supporting and aiding their sectarian behaviour.

Oh ffs is it not your bed time

48 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Oh ffs is it not your bed time

I’d have a degree of sympathy for your position if you were equally upset and short with the utter melts in your support who are continually saying we are bigoted and going on about the admins. Have a look in the mirror. 

49 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

I assume that he’s waiting for your wife/sister (unsure if that’s one person or two) to join him…

You been practicing that come back have you?  Well done you finally managed to use it. You must live on the edge of your seat waiting on your next chance to use it.