St Mirren V Dundee

12 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Saints 1/1 Dundee United 8/13 that's the double on. No game is easy in this league but will take a good day out to the football anyday. Been off the drink for a few weeks think that will change tomorrow. 

shaun of the dead zombies GIF

7 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Worst ever Dundee linked P&B match thread I've had the misfortune to access.

Always remember......................................................... 

sara2.jpg.e0560d55d35877fd2b3cb659e0be4b0e.jpg  

Wait until 5pm on Saturday, it's either going to make or break this thread.

5 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Warm and showers with sunny intervals I would say that's your typical summer Scottish weather. I'm coming by bus, ferry, train weather won't put me off COYS.

I will be taking TWO trains! It won't put me off, either. 

Score predictions?

I'm naturally pessimistic. We're in front of a big crowd, with high expectations of the team following our win at Easter Road. Unfortunately, I think it will finish 2-2. It's the St. Mirren way.

Then, with the spoils shared, this thread will continue for another week. 

Big Joe will get a warm welcome today guy is class. You have a good one Dundee great leader. He is also good with the head scored some memorable goals for Saints.  Near the end of a game Goodwin took him from centre back to striker and yes he scored. 

1 minute ago, ZingaliMan said:

Big Joe will get a warm welcome today guy is class. You have a good one Dundee great leader. He is also good with the head scored some memorable goals for Saints.  Near the end of a game Goodwin took him from centre back to striker and yes he scored. 

Aye, I have a of respect for Joe. I just wish Robinson could have played him more and retained his services.

Edited by Black_and_White_Stripes

Just now, Buttocks Brown said:

Only 700-odd tickets available now.

That's great makes for a good atmosphere. No idea what the weather is like in Paisley but it's hammering it down in Rothesay. Shame as it's the Highland games today. I'm taking the car now . 

14 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Worst ever Dundee linked P&B match thread I've had the misfortune to access.

Always remember......................................................... 

sara2.jpg.e0560d55d35877fd2b3cb659e0be4b0e.jpg  

I remember he got booked for that at Love Street, then a second yellow a few minutes later, I think for a dive.

We came back and won 2-1 with trialist Moussa Dagnogo getting a late winner. It was all to no avail though as we still got relegated. Dagnogo got injured the following week and we never saw him again.

Dundee had some super players at that time. Cannigia took us to pieces at Dens. I always thought Nemsadze was the pick of bunch though.

As for today's game, if we want to finish top 6 again then we need to be taking 3 points at home to the newly promoted side. Hopefully we can defend a bit better than we did at last week's goals. I fancy us to win by the odd goal. 2-1 Saints; Kiltie, and Mandron off the bench.

Look forward to a big crowd in Paisley today.

It is incredible how the crowds have actually grown in Scotland since the 80s. 

Considering we are in a recession to see clubs increase Season Ticket sales is tremendous. 

These are the two home games against Dundee in the “Hearts bottle crash” season of 85/86:

IMG_3539.thumb.jpeg.a0ca97ee66707196b07fe96fafe1df5c.jpeg

IMG_3538.thumb.jpeg.6ffb827e4cbf3f638dc2f9e45db6d322.jpeg

These are the corresponding away fixtures:

IMG_3541.thumb.jpeg.ceb05dd24b39aef2711d5949f9ed0591.jpegIMG_3540.thumb.jpeg.dd0a2096bfca02af54d30e7336d628bd.jpeg

1 minute ago, Molotov said:

Look forward to a big crowd in Paisley today.

It is incredible how the crowds have actually grown in Scotland since the 80s. 

Considering we are in a recession to see clubs increase Season Ticket sales is tremendous. 

These are the two home games against Dundee in the “Hearts bottle crash” season of 85/86:

IMG_3538.thumb.jpeg.6ffb827e4cbf3f638dc2f9e45db6d322.jpeg

That was the game where Saint and Greavsie broadcast an appeal on their show for fans to get down to Love Street and clear snow off the pitch to try and get the game on, which many did.