Hearts v Killie

This is the archetypal "could play all day without scoring" performance. Absolutely shite.

Kilmarnock are a b*****d of a team to play against and will definitely pick up a few points against the supposed "bigger" clubs this season, but our buildup play is just so slow and lacking ideas. On the evidence we've seen so far, we'll really struggle against anyone setting up to play deep and hit on the break.

Only positive is Boyce once again looking sharp after coming on.

Killie look like a McInnes team, very defensive but decent counter attacking, certainly not a good watch.

Hearts slow, no urgency at all, Kingsley looked very good today.

We will be a defensive team at times, we definitely were last week, but I don't think you could say that today. There was only one team that contributed to that match in an attacking sense for the first 80 minutes and it certainly wasn't Hearts.

A good points all told. I thought we were good enough over the game to win it, but you'd have to say Hearts finished by far the strongest. 

The Jambos will be far more annoyed with the ref than we were, but Shankland avoiding a second booking was a bit lucky and Haring not getting one at all was a very poor decision. The ball was also out for a goal kick towards the end that the officials missed. 

Strong start to the season with big improvements. Got to be happy with that. 

21 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We will be a defensive team at times, we definitely were last week, but I don't think you could say that today. There was only one team that contributed to that match in an attacking sense for the first 80 minutes and it certainly wasn't Hearts.

Neither team contributed anything in an attacking sense at any point.  The most well deserved of nil nil draws and I hope to forget everything i saw before i get home.

As said midweek I would have settled for a draw.

We had chances to win it but on the other hand we were hanging on a bit last 5-10 mins, so on the whole a draw was the fair result.

A solid performance especially defensively as last season we would have lost. Robbie Deas looks like a cracking signing.

Lots of positives and once DM get his front man through the door that should see us comfortably away from the relegation spots.

Onwards and upwards Killie. 

11 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Not surprised at all. I said McInnes would get killie fighting for third soon enough. He's made some really good signings. Building a squad similar to what he had at Aberdeen. Hard working, streetwise, counter attacking etc.

Can't see him fighting for third as he does need a budget but I'm sure they'll be ahead of St Mirren.

37 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Not surprised at all. I said McInnes would get killie fighting for third soon enough. He's made some really good signings. Building a squad similar to what he had at Aberdeen. Hard working, streetwise, counter attacking etc.

They're very well equipped for playing the OF, Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen away, etc. I'd just question whether they have the creativity to say they're a stick-on for taking 3 points consistently against the bottom 6. Not to say they aren't, but it's early days yet.

For us, much more worrying. Most teams we play will sit back, let us have the ball and play on the counter. Even Rosenborg at home did this. We don't look like we have the answer to that so far.

33 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

As said midweek I would have settled for a draw.

We had chances to win it but on the other hand we were hanging on a bit last 5-10 mins, so on the whole a draw was the fair result.

A solid performance especially defensively as last season we would have lost. Robbie Deas looks like a cracking signing.

Lots of positives and once DM get his front man through the door that should see us comfortably away from the relegation spots.

Onwards and upwards Killie. 

Which front man?