Rangers v Livingston: Saturday 12th August

14 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Need to see it again, but I'm not sure I agree. Sangare was a lot closer to the ball than Lammers for the first but was caught on his heels. Gave the ball away a few times in that half too. There's potential with him but I'm not sure he's fully up to it just yet. I take your point on Devlin though, he needed to do better there.

Sure, well I didn't see it properly myself so I think I had it wrong and you and Cptn Hooch have it right. As for Sangare generally, some good moments in his performances today and last week but issues too. Tactically, he's looked a bit lacking. He's been running all over the place rather than keeping his movements in line with his role. Hopefully that can be ironed out in time and his stamina level upped too.

3 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Sure, well I didn't see it properly myself so I think I had it wrong and you and Cptn Hooch have it right. As for Sangare generally, some good moments in his performances today and last week but issues too. Tactically, he's looked a bit lacking. He's been running all over the place rather than keeping his movements in line with his role. Hopefully that can be ironed out in time and his stamina level upped too.

Yeah, he's shown enough potential to look like he'll do well for us, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him be shit for 4 months and only look good from February onwards

Sangare dropped an absolute stinker today, one of those times when one player off the boil against such a high standard of opposition can punish you. Not keen on people writing him off though because of one game, it’s hardly the easiest place for a guy new to the league and team to perform flawlessly.

11 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Have I upset you or something? My sincerest apologies if your feelings were hurt because I disliked your opinion, which it seems you have since realised was wrong. 

Eggy bread

It doesn't matter how well Livingston supposedly played 4-0 is still 4-0.The team looks unbalanced,or is it the system ??? or the type of players???? Although they showed plenty of grit and determination,they still managed  to make an arse of passing the ball, constantly giving the ball away, over hitting it, and their first touch hasn't got any better,at the start they should cover their shins with evo-stick,that would teach them the basics...

Rangers were  poor until the 2nd goal,but Livi have problems  with movement in midfield ,the lack of getting the players up the park to support is  glaring ,I thought Shinnie done well enough but no pace, Holt was playing too deep, Kelly was terrible, never in the game, Nouble was good first 30 minutes, then never seen, looked burnt out, Martindale waits too long to get Kelly and Nouble off, Sangare was brutal, his replacement  Guthrie done well, but he was playing wide left, and most of his work was done along the halfway line, you aint gonna  score  goals from there.
  Rangers still managed, to make Livi look like they were 2 men down,
Livi just don't have pace in midfield, and rely on Montano, and Nouble to make runs, Nouble's holds on to the ball well enough, but his work rate and ability to get by a player has diminished. Brandon and de Lucas were Livi's best today
Kelly's lack of involvement in games, probably has been noticed by Martindale.

I thought that was going to be one of those days today,  lots of possession but being sucker punched by a counter attack.  Nice to see the new guys getting the goals,  hopefully that settles some nerves and we can build on this.

17 minutes ago, Scrutinizer said:

It doesn't matter how well Livingston supposedly played 4-0 is still 4-0.The team looks unbalanced,or is it the system ??? or the type of players???? Although they showed plenty of grit and determination,they still managed  to make an arse of passing the ball, constantly giving the ball away, over hitting it, and their first touch hasn't got any better,at the start they should cover their shins with evo-stick,that would teach them the basics...

Rangers were  poor until the 2nd goal,but Livi have problems  with movement in midfield ,the lack of getting the players up the park to support is  glaring ,I thought Shinnie done well enough but no pace, Holt was playing too deep, Kelly was terrible, never in the game, Nouble was good first 30 minutes, then never seen, looked burnt out, Martindale waits too long to get Kelly and Nouble off, Sangare was brutal, his replacement  Guthrie done well, but he was playing wide left, and most of his work was done along the halfway line, you aint gonna  score  goals from there.
  Rangers still managed, to make Livi look like they were 2 men down,
Livi just don't have pace in midfield, and rely on Montano, and Nouble to make runs, Nouble's holds on to the ball well enough, but his work rate and ability to get by a player has diminished. Brandon and de Lucas were Livi's best today
Kelly's lack of involvement in games, probably has been noticed by Martindale.

Almost forgot about you.What 8 months or so,probably after one of our defeats obviously. Didn't hear from you last week after you probably expected us to get humped. So you give critique after a visit to Ibrox.Aye,well done.👏.Kinda get the feeling that,regardless of how we do,youl come on here and give your sanctimonious drivel week in week out.Sure there's a stone somewhere in West Lothian you can crawl back under.

32 minutes ago, AJF said:

Still not great but it was obviously an improvement. We looked better with Danilo through the middle as well.

Yeah he looked like he enjoyed it a lot more but I don't know if Livingston allowed that space or if it was due to our positional swap. 

I liked the fact Cifuentes was willing to shoot from outside the box. Their keeper was pretty decent but I reckon he'll bag a few goals from range which is a nice change for us. 

9 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

For the rebound? Shinnie had let Lammers go first before Sangare tried to react. Devlin being breezed past by Cantwell was the larger weakness with that goal.

Saw it on TV now on Sportscene. I meant Holt not Shinnie. Holt was on Lammers who made the pass into Cantwell, Sangare missed his tackle on Cantwell who then goes past Devlin too and crosses. The rebound comes out and Holt has let Lammers go, Sangare is unaware of Lammers coming in. Error from Holt there as you can't pass your man on without your teammate's knowledge while Sangare could've reacted quicker regardless.

My guess on Martindale's thinking with the subs is that Penrice and especially Nottingham take up deeper starting positions than Montaño and Brandon, respectively. That would invite Rangers' full backs onto us higher which in turn would leave more space behind them if we can counter. MacKay was probably who we were most looking for to profit from that (Martindale said recently how MacKay now gives us pace in a wide left area). It didn't work and inviting Rangers on that bit more instead just meant they scored again.

Edited by FreedomFarter

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Just watched the highlights - Livingston’s defending simply atrocious.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a forward as unmarked as Danilo was for the second goal, certainly in a non-counter attack situation.

That's Obileye for you though, he was off blaming someone else for it too ffs :D 

5 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Saw it on TV now on Sportscene. I meant Holt not Shinnie. Holt was on Lammers who made the pass into Cantwell, Sangare missed his tackle on Cantwell who then goes past Devlin too and crosses. The rebound comes out and Holt has let Lammers go, Sangare is unaware of Lammers coming in. Error from Holt there as you can't pass your man on without your teammate's knowledge while Sangare could've reacted quicker regardless.

My guess on Martindale's thinking with the subs is that Penrice and especially Nottingham take up deeper starting positions than Montaño and Brandon, respectively. That would invite Rangers' full backs onto us higher which in turn would leave more space behind them if we can counter. MacKay was probably who we were most looking for to profit from that (Martindale said recently how MacKay now gives us pace in a wide left area). It didn't work and inviting Rangers on that bit more instead just meant they scored again.

The thing is, as far as Sangare is concerned, Lammers doesn't really matter at the point the ball comes back from the keeper....all he has to do is clear the ball but he stands and watches it which allows Lammers to run past him and finish

34 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

The thing is, as far as Sangare is concerned, Lammers doesn't really matter at the point the ball comes back from the keeper....all he has to do is clear the ball but he stands and watches it which allows Lammers to run past him and finish

Definitely a poor reaction from Sangare, sure, and that can be linked to stamina. Too tired to move again at the end of a run.

Decent performance but as has been said, the changes that Martindale made killed us. Maybe Nottingham can fill in at RWB in some games but not away to Rangers. Lunacy when you could see Matondo coming on at the same time. Not sure Welch-Hayes is up to much but he needs to be on the bench when fit rather than having 3 centre backs. Mackay for Kelly was also bizarre but probably down to the lack of midfield options on the bench. 

Would have to see it again but at the time I thought Balogun was very lucky to get away with a naughty challenge on Nouble's ankle. Referee should have been sent to the screen to look at that.