Well vs Hibs

Hibs seem to be one of those teams that routinely lose to the likes of Livi, Killie, St Mirren etc and yet always seem to get some sort of result against us. Usually with a red card or dodgy penalty thrown into the mix along the way. Hopefully VAR helps to nullify the latter. 

Hibs have got decent attacking options and looked quite potent last night. That does give me the fear as I cannot see our defence and goalie keeping a clean sheet ! Just have to hope we play the best we can and Hibs don’t. That happens and we can get a positive result. Hopefully Hibs will be a little weary after their efforts last night. 

Would be good to get the 1st win of the season but would settle for a point in a 2-2 draw. 

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Hibs seem to be one of those teams that routinely lose to the likes of Livi, Killie, St Mirren etc and yet always seem to get some sort of result against us. Usually with a red card or dodgy penalty thrown into the mix along the way. Hopefully VAR helps to nullify the latter. 

Hibs have got decent attacking options and looked quite potent last night. That does give me the fear as I cannot see our defence and goalie keeping a clean sheet ! Just have to hope we play the best we can and Hibs don’t. That happens and we can get a positive result. Hopefully Hibs will be a little weary after their efforts last night. 

Would be good to get the 1st win of the season but would settle for a point in a 2-2 draw. 

Johnson says he won't make the mistake of last week and start with the same XI who played in Europe. Then again he says a lot of things and a lot of them are absolute keech..

Right now I'd take a draw. 

Kettlewell's been in charge for 19 competitive games plus anothe 4 friendlies and we've still only lost 2. That sort of form is pretty fucking unsustainable for us so I'm kind of just waiting for us to revert back to the mean and fully expecting a Hibs win here. Hibs are a team who will beat us.

Our record against Hibs at FP probably feels worse after daft games like the SC tie where Bevis was sent off after 8 seconds or whatever and that general shambles of the 2-3 game under Hammell last season when everyone in our team seemed to be at varying stages of wanting to simply get the manager to absolute f**k.

By my count we've played 9 games at Fir Park since Hibs were promoted in 2017. We've won 2, drawn 2 and lost 5. Which...isn't great.

Either way it'd be good if we could get Big Mika on the park at some point in this one as between Wilkinson, Bair and Obika our options up front are essentially iterations of the same player - which isn't ideal but the quicker we fill the gaps in the starting XI from last season the better and Biereth feels like he's going to be key to that IMO.

ngl I'd 100% take a draw tbqh.

Edited by capt_oats

Draw would do me aswell, Thursday is far more important, we’ve got another 34 games to rack up enough points for Europe again next season after this month.

Set up the glamour tie against Villa and it’s probably an extra £1m in the bank, the league is a marathon, not a sprint.

Would rest Newell, Boyle & Vente.

Very rarely do you get a dull game between the teams at Fir Park. Seen some horrendous displays, shocking refereeing decisions either way but can't remember a borefest. Worst game was probably the one that led to Lennon losing the plot, assaulting Kamberi and telling Leanne she was from a greek Island and he didn't like feta cheese. I'm not sure David Brent can muster two tactical masterclasses in one week but will go for a narrow 4-3 away victory.

Boyle against Souare and Casey at the left of the three gives me the absolute fear. SODs will struggle with the pace on the other side too. Get Bevis benched and get Blaney back in the back 3.

I think their midfield is lacking balance and I fancy ours to come out on top. 

Hibs at the back gives me hope but we’ve not idea who’s fit for us up front.

Can see a high scoring game tbh. I’ll go 3-2 Motherwell. 

11 hours ago, welldaft said:

To be fair they pumped us rotten twice last season :D Although I'm sure the last two managers to get sacked by Hibs have been off the back off of losses to Livi

7 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

Can we drop all of this "take a draw" shite.  A draw isn't ideal for either side. I want to see blood and guts with the victors gloating and the losers full of tears and snotters. Anything less is a borefest.

Anything less than 3 points against these North Lanarkshire diddies will be hugely disappointing.