Falkirk vs Stirling

We were absolutely terrible tonight. Absolutely nothing went right. Have to just write it off as one of those night and move on. Really flat performance and made it pretty easy for them. 

Nice third goal from Falkirk tbf. 

10 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Was not expecting that. I thought Stirling would have given us a game. They’re as poor a team I’ve seen in this league. Should have scored more and we need to work on our crosses, far too many over hit. 

Peterhead last season were worse. I thought Stirling shored things up pretty well in the second half and did play some nice stuff in flashes.

That first half was a complete beat down. Haven't seen us that uncompetitive in a long time. Change to a back three helped stabilise things a bit for the second half, but Falkirk had eased up by then anyway. Hope we learn from that. Suspect we'll see the back three from the start in a few games this season and that's probably a good thing.

On 20/08/2023 at 20:55, Dumb yatt said:

Perhaps you didn’t see one, I assume, local lad goading Aberdeen fans as they spilled from the south terracing., after the match. Fortunately stewards and police were on hand. Don’t know if I should be concerned for his mental health or physical well being.

Is goading away fans not allowed anymore 

1 minute ago, unitedbino said:

That first half was a complete beat down. Haven't seen us that uncompetitive in a long time. Change to a back three helped stabilise things a bit for the second half, but Falkirk had eased up by then anyway. Hope we learn from that. Suspect we'll see the back three from the start in a few games this season and that's probably a good thing.

We were tired and everyone had been at their other jobs since Fri night 

Was coming a mile off

Will be back to normal next week 

On 12/08/2023 at 20:44, Binos said:

3-0 Falkirk 

Wise man.

As for these three...

12 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Mon Darren Young's Binos, right intae them!

11 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Best of luck tonight to the Binos. It's a tough job riding Falkirk round league one but someone's got to do it. Fingers crossed its you guys. 👊

10 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Win for the Binos tonight even we got fed up beating Falkirk last season 😂😂

image.png.f37d60bb253f910aab59df05283f07e2.png

8 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

Have to give Stirling credit, at least they tried to play football unlike Annan!

Really enjoyed the game, great save in the first half by Low. Can't see Hogarth getting the nod whilst Low is in great form.

Long

1 minute ago, unitedbino said:

We were hopeless, no denying it. But I'm not being funny - that seemed like a very high standard of performance by Falkirk in the first half! That had to be an exceptional case?!

I think the players that have been added to the squad this season are at a different level to previous additions. Lang, Spencer, Agyeman and Calvin Miller are different class, Long in goals is developing into a really good keeper and McIver is the frontman McGlynn has been looking for to fit his preferred formation.

Injuries might hamper us as we don’t have a huge squad but we are definitely looking a better team than last season. The draw at Cove is the type of game we’d have lost last season. Not getting carried away though as will see how we look when we face the likes of Hamilton and QOS.

30 minutes ago, Binos said:

We were tired and everyone had been at their other jobs since Fri night 

Was coming a mile off

Will be back to normal next week 

That and all the beers over the weekend probably didn’t help. 

26 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

We were hopeless, no denying it. But I'm not being funny - that seemed like a very high standard of performance by Falkirk in the first half! That had to be an exceptional case?!

It was our best performance of the season so far but we were decent in the first two games as well. We actually started in very similar fashion to the Annan game at 100mph, the difference then is we didnt take our chances and they grew in belief until we eventually scored.

I suspect it was a combination of Stirling being well below par and us being bang on it leading to such a one sided match 

Well, that was utterly appalling. 

No fight, no energy, no gameplan. Falkirk played well, particularly in the first half, but they are such a one dimensional team in that almost every attack follows the same basic pattern and yet we still couldnae lay a glove on them. Of course, us having an energy sapping cup tie on Friday night and Falkirk having an extended break was a factor, but there's absolutely no excuse from some of the woeful passing and decision making on display there. 

No-one really played well for us, but at least Lewis Milne put in a half decent shift, and the keeper was blameless for the goals. A real off night, and its frustrating it had to be against them, the team I hate losing to more than any other.  The next game between the sides at Forthbank should be pretty tasty now, I can't see us playing as poorly as that again. 

Incidentally, I've not seen any highlights - but for the penalty in the first half - The handball looked to have been committed by the Falkirk player, can anyone clarify? Not that it matters of course. 

BIG improvement needed for Saturday at home to Kelty. This team has rightly received a lot of praise recently, but that was completely honking tonight.