Killie v Celtic

Just now, kennie makevin said:

I would imagine someone has but the gold standard for Old Firm humbling must be Aberdeen beating Celtic in Glasgow three times in 1970. A Celtic side, it has to be said, far superior in every way to the current one. So caps duly doffed to Turnbull's Tornadoes, as I believe they were called.

Yip, one of those in the cup final after knocking us out in the semi final.

2 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

I would imagine someone has but the gold standard for Old Firm humbling must be Aberdeen beating Celtic in Glasgow three times in 1970. A Celtic side, it has to be said, far superior in every way to the current one. So caps duly doffed to Turnbull's Tornadoes, as I believe they were called.

Apologies to all Dons fans, I did your 1970 team a disservice. Add a 2-0 pumping of Rangers at Ibrox in October and that's four, would you believe four, wins in 1970 over the Old Firm in Glasgow.  Worthy of some sort of plaque I would suggest. !

30 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Beat Rangers at Ibrox in 1970 as well.

As has been posted...

Edited by Jacksgranda

32 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Apologies to all Dons fans, I did your 1970 team a disservice. Add a 2-0 pumping of Rangers at Ibrox in October and that's four, would you believe four, wins in 1970 over the Old Firm in Glasgow.  Worthy of some sort of plaque I would suggest. !

And that was when you only played them twice each in the league each season.   A fantastic achievement. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Says the fan of a club that'll do anything to avoid paying compensation to victims. 

That’s a zombie type response from you.

And here’s me thinking it was just all Celtic fans who dismiss questionable songs. 

Funny how predictable these p&b threads go. A Celtic win normally ensures pages worth of songbook scrutiny, followed by the ‘guilty by association’ outcry for apologies. 

So, since we have a rare congratulatory Celtic defeat let’s actually talk about the football. 
Credit has to go to Kilmarnock for limiting Celtic to very few opportunities on goal and making it extremely difficult for us to break through the lines. I thought Killie held their shape well as we didn’t really attempt to drag or draw them out with very little wide play. 

Poor creativity, coupled with slack passing wasn’t deserving of a win yesterday. 
Winning Trebles contrary to what many believe is a difficult feat. Disappointing as it may feel, less pressure on trophy hauls and more work on a new a playing style and improving performances should be the focus for this squad. 

Half expecting a few new additions before the window closes to freshen things up. 

34 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

That’s a zombie type response from you.

And here’s me thinking it was just all Celtic fans who dismiss questionable songs. 

Funny how predictable these p&b threads go. A Celtic win normally ensures pages worth of songbook scrutiny, followed by the ‘guilty by association’ outcry for apologies. 

So, since we have a rare congratulatory Celtic defeat let’s actually talk about the football. 
Credit has to go to Kilmarnock for limiting Celtic to very few opportunities on goal and making it extremely difficult for us to break through the lines. I thought Killie held their shape well as we didn’t really attempt to drag or draw them out with very little wide play. 

Poor creativity, coupled with slack passing wasn’t deserving of a win yesterday. 
Winning Trebles contrary to what many believe is a difficult feat. Disappointing as it may feel, less pressure on trophy hauls and more work on a new a playing style and improving performances should be the focus for this squad. 

Half expecting a few new additions before the window closes to freshen things up. 

Trebles used to be aspirational achievements now it seems to be the standard we are benchmarked against.

With the wealth we have the expectation should be that we win trophies but every trophy every season isn’t realistic despite the dominance of the past 10 years. 

56 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

What's new there?

Nothing but that’s the point, this season I was hopeful that we would see some improvements in Europe in terms of performance and results that would at the very least see us parachute to the Europa.

3 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

We were  Turnbull s Tornadoes , not them