Do we need to League Re-construction in the SPFL?

Re-constructing the SPFL is like having a burger recipe that contains beef mince, pork mince, salt, pepper, softened onion. You fancy changing it, so instead go for pepper, beef mince, softened onion, salt, pork mince. Pleased with your efforts, you stand back and admire your new burger.

Sometimes I wish I had a quid for every time Bruce Springsteen has shouted ‘1-2-3-4!’ in his life. Other times I wish I had a quid for every time I think ‘get the two disproportionally large powerful clubs to fcuk’. 

Other times I just fancy a burger.

39 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Is the OP by any chance a St Johnstone fan ???

We will be fine by Christmas. At least we will have cup memories to look back on unlike most of the league who only have disappointments to remember.

51 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Is the OP by any chance a St Johnstone fan ???

SPFL will find a way to keep the big clubs in the league, otherwise there will be 'armageddon' so Saints will be just fine. 😇🫣

On the actual question, no, reconstruction isn't needed. What is needed is proper governance and a fairer distribution of wealth.

The wrongs of Scottish football are not caused by whether we have a split of a 12/14/16 team top division. If you assume for now that the Glasgow cartel fight it out for the title, then everyone else has something meaningful and achievable to aim for (even St Johnstone who have an outside chance of 11th).

We could chuck in another 4 championship sides thet would make it different for a couple of years, before it would feel stale again. See the LC groups for a prime example. Being different for a couple of seasons was all good, but now feels a bit meh. 

When you consider the winner of League Two gets just 2% of what the winner of the Premiership gets, you understand where the bread is buttered. Even better, the difference between 1 and 10 in League Two is 50% more for first than last…in the Premiership the difference is 300%…and that’s prize money alone.

The alignment is fine, and pretty much irrelevant…the payouts are f**ked because of the OF monopoly on TV demand/revenues and such. As long as fitba is dominated by two teams, the problems remain.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

When you consider the winner of League Two gets just 2% of what the winner of the Premiership gets, you understand where the bread is buttered. Even better, the difference between 1 and 10 in League Two is 50% more for first than last…in the Premiership the difference is 300%…and that’s prize money alone.

The alignment is fine, and pretty much irrelevant…the payouts are f**ked because of the OF monopoly on TV demand/revenues and such. As long as fitba is dominated by two teams, the problems remain.

This is pretty much it, it is the prize money distribution that is holding the game back not the format of the leagues. 
I would almost go as far as to say with the champions league entry being a prize for winning the league there is an argument that you shouldn’t get any prize money on top of that. 

Fine example of heaping up compromises then satisfying nobody... those wishing it don't want just 2 more clubs, don't want to keep playing each other 4 times, don't want even more splits.

Plus why still 42 not 40? 44? 48?

Detail dubious too: giving 8th a EL slot can't be popular... or splits in January (is it even feasible lower down?)... or splits with odd numbers... or raising Premiership to 40 dates.