Ayr vs Dundee United - 26/8/23

14 minutes ago, UtdFan said:

I wasn’t at the game but just saw the stats which looked pretty one sided in terms of attacks / shots but fairly even possession.

Were United really good and Ayr really bad or a bit of both?

Just Ayr bad, a capable championship team would have easy kept a clean sheet today.  

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Good result, very one sided game.  We’ve only conceded one goal in three games which is encouraging.

DUTV was a disaster today, I think we might have been getting the Ayr feed, the camera person must have been a trainee.

“Trainee” is way too kind. Trainees are trained and improve. Ayrs feeds have been like this since the start of covid. In fact, since @wuffster. I miss him which is strange/infuriating seeing as he’s still here. 

1 hour ago, Gibby82 said:

There's a guy below the camera who sounds like he's about to have an aneurysm.  

Assuming the ball was well over the line for the second? Hard to tell from the stream.

Wasn't Kirsty McColl's best song, tbf.

25 minutes ago, UtdFan said:

I wasn’t at the game but just saw the stats which looked pretty one sided in terms of attacks / shots but fairly even possession.

Were United really good and Ayr really bad or a bit of both?

Possession means nothing. It was one way traffic from start to finish and probably should have been more than three. Difficult to judge how good or bad teams are at this stage of the season but I'd say United were quite good and Ayr are pish.

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Possession means nothing. It was one way traffic from start to finish and probably should have been more than three. Difficult to judge how good or bad teams are at this stage of the season but I'd say United were quite good and Ayr are pish.

It’s nine tenths of the law.

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

It looked very much like Dundee United were first gearing it to me - it was very obvious from early on which team was winning. 

At least Dundee United were good odds at the bookies!

Ayr looked set up to cope with DUndee United, first half we conceded the possession and limited chances to close to nil. Watt, Moult and Middleton were dreadful but it was only a matter of time before either Ayr scored against the run of play and DU collapsed or Ayr conceded and DU took control of the game.

Once the first goal went in, Ayr caved. I don’t think Ayr threatened to score the whole game, Albinson had maybe 4 saves to make other than the two goals and his f**k-up. 

Ayr went out with less than a whimper and Dundee United didn’t have to perform well to beat us easily. 

9 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

It looked very much like Dundee United were first gearing it to me - it was very obvious from early on which team was winning. 

At least Dundee United were good odds at the bookies!

They’re a really good team. Gallagher and Moult will be the signings that win them the league though. 

I remember thinking we could maybe do them in the weeks building up to the opening game and then as soon as they signed they 2 I knew it was going to be considerably harder

They'll have plenty more days like today 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

They’re a really good team. Gallagher and Moult will be the signings that win them the league though. 

I remember thinking we could maybe do them in the weeks building up to the opening game and then as soon as they signed they 2 I knew it was going to be considerably harder

They'll have plenty more days like today 

They are undoubtedly the best team in the league, but they are not so good that you can’t have any form of a go at them and meekly surrender. 

Our game yesterday looked like two sides several divisions apart. Dunfermline already have shown this, but I would be surprised if the likes of Raith, Partick, Queens Park offer as little as Ayr did today at home against them. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

They are undoubtedly the best team in the league, but they are not so good that you can’t have any form of a go at them and meekly surrender. 

Our game yesterday looked like two sides several divisions apart. Dunfermline already have shown this, but I would be surprised if the likes of Raith, Partick, Queens Park offer as little as Ayr did today at home against them. 

Have plenty of mates that support United, I work in Dundee, and they said they all saw the Dunfermline game going the same way as the game against ourselves (and yourselves going by what I’m reading and a fans YouTube highlights) went after the first 20 minutes but they never took their chances.

Fell out of it after that and having to bring Meekison on in the middle of the park early doors meaning no Grimshaw or Docherty in there meant they lost their way a bit. 

Think they’ll dish out plenty of hidings but yeah I would hope next game we give a much better go of it. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

53 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yes this, but we looked like a West of Scotland League side and they looked like a Championship side.  

12 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Watt, Moult and Middleton were dreadful

The one thing McAllister did right yesterday was constantly harass Middleton. He was always in his ear or shoving him out the way and generally annoying him. You could visibly see Middleton going in the huff as the first half went on.

Also when Tony Watt rolled about in a heap after a nothing challenge with nothing wrong with him Lewis Moult asked him what he was doing as if he hadn't rolled about Moult had nobody near him.