Ayr vs Dundee United - 26/8/23

1 minute ago, low-life said:

2nd goal was bizzare, Keeper seemed to have a lob under control but walked it into his own net. 

Does the Ayr keeper wear a giant fake nose, moustache, glasses and eyebrows and speak in an Australian accent?

17 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

There's a guy below the camera who sounds like he's about to have an aneurysm.  

Assuming the ball was well over the line for the second? Hard to tell from the stream.

Watching with no sound and no replays so not sure but did look over I thought. 

Very comfortable second half, 3rd goal was brutal defending as well. 

Good result, very one sided game.  We’ve only conceded one goal in three games which is encouraging.

DUTV was a disaster today, I think we might have been getting the Ayr feed, the camera person must have been a trainee.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Good result, very one sided game.  We’ve only conceded one goal in three games which is encouraging.

DUTV was a disaster today, I think we might have been getting the Ayr feed, the camera person must have been a trainee.

Yeh watched an SPFL feed but must have been same one, was awful. 

On the basis of that Ayr will struggle this year, Arbroath were at least showing fight when goals down, Ayr just offered nothing.  

That was horrific.  Dundee United at least attempted to play some football but I'm not convinced they are any good either, miles ahead of us of course.  

To play a 4231 and shell the ball all game is a bizarre tactical choice.  Why bother having wingers?  

Felt the way it was going we should have switched to 523 at half time, hooked McKenzie for Pendlebury or Young and put Musonda where he belongs.  But I guess it would involve novelties like passing and dribbling so the bald tube won't be having that.  

Awful stuff from Ayr. Pass the ball across the back, then hoof it aimlessly up the park. Alternatively, pass it across the back then lose it. Or pass it out of the park. Musonda might add some dig in midfield but creates nothing and the midfield offered nothing positive all game. Three awful goals to lose. Two unmarked players at set pieces and a comedy show at a hopeful long ball. Can point the finger at Albinson for the second goal all you like but he made several very good saves or that would have been a lot worse. 

Will Chalmers and Murphy add enough to prevent a relegation that would be merited based on that absolute shitshow?

Walton could have put a deck chair out and enjoyed the sun for all he had to do. Honestly cant recall him having a decent save to make. 

2nd goal was bizarre. Will need to watch it back as I was at the corner of the SRE and thought he caught it then momentum took it back. Havent seen a goal like that since one of the Killie hapless GKs v St Mirren (I think).