Motherwell v Killie

It seems pointless playing this fixture, but like the Brazil side that featured Pele and toured the world playing showcase friendlies, I suppose we should really turn up and let the people of Motherwell clap eyes on an all-time great side.

I'll go 0-2 Killie. Usually these top, top teams make it comfortable then sit in first gear, so it won't be as high scoring as folk think.

I wish i could replicate the OP's confidence, but it's hard to shake years of let downs and false dawns you get with being a diddy fan.

If we play to our ability, we should have enough to edge it.

4-0 Killie.

Thank you. 

Glad Killie are doing well. Should boost the away crowd and make for a good atmosphere.

A team that has not conceded a goal to the top 3 from last season. A team high on confidence.  A team that has added quality in all the right positions.

All this v a team that has a threadbare squad. That has 50% of their summer arrivals injured. A team that has a makeshift defence. A teenage midfielder and a front two with no great goalscoring record.  

What could possibly go wrong...

Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

Edited by welldaft

Two great scalps for Killie vs the league's despicable duo from which they will obviously be high in confidence, but I do think the planets aligned and fortune fell their way in when they caught them both. For all Killie deserve credit for the way they went about their business, Rangers on opening day were a shambles and their forwards look extremely ropey. Celtic in the cup were a mile off the free-flowing side they were under Postecoglu and I can see more teams, if they're brave enough to have a go, getting a level of joy against both before their new players click and get their shit together.

The main concern for me is our growing injury list and lack of squad depth to deal with it. Biereth adding to that list will be a major blow. Hopefully Kettlewell doesn't over think things and try putting square pegs in round holes again, e.g. if Souare is still out I'd be more inclined to go with young Wilson as a like for like replacement at LB rather than have McGinn there again. It's early enough in the season and you'll never know if these lads are good enough until you give them that chance. 

Also hoping the edge Kilmarnock undoubtedly have in playing on their artificial nonsense is nullified when they are privileged to grace the lushest, greenest pitch in the land. I don't foresee us creating much from open play, so edging it 1-0 by a Slattery free kick would do me nicely.

Edited by 'WellDel

I'm hoping we keep the same lineup as has started the last 3 games but that'll depend on Corrie Ndaba being fit after limping off at the final whistle on Sunday.

Would also like to see us get a recognised #9 throu the door before this one to give us further options off the bench but I think we'll have to wait until the end of next week for that to happen.

Should be a tight game but I'm opting for an away win by the odd goal taking into account Motherwell's current injuries.

8 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

f**k yeez fuckin aw 

Keep the chairs below yer heed this weekend please 🙏

We've just had them replaced 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, TartanSpecial said:

Keep the chairs below yer heed this weekend please 🙏

We've just had them replaced 

One of our fans actually started a go fund me page to buy Josh a pint and the fans have chipped in £155 so far.

He's probably lying in the corner of some bar in Benidorm as I post 🤣

Edited by C4mmy31

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

One of fans actually started a go fund me page to buy Josh a pint and the fans have chipped in £155 so far.

He's probably lying in the corner of some bar in Benidorm as I post 🤣

That's brilliant! Bet he's still winding up the fat Irish fella 😆 

On 22/08/2023 at 13:28, welldaft said:

Glad Killie are doing well. Should boost the away crowd and make for a good atmosphere.

A team that has not conceded a goal to the top 3 from last season. A team high on confidence.  A team that has added quality in all the right positions.

All this v a team that has a threadbare squad. That has 50% of their summer arrivals injured. A team that has a makeshift defence. A teenage midfielder and a front two with no great goalscoring record.  

What could possibly go wrong...

Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

Not buying it. Fans of a certain vintage will remember the first game after Motherwell entered administration, turning up at RP with a squad full of children and absolutely mollicating us 4-1.

I'm going along on Saturday, bizarrely feel more confident for the absence of Biereth despite the fact he's barely played for Well. Hopefully a good game, and another clean sheet would be amazing. 

Unfortunately won't make this one due to work - not been to an away game at Fir Park for a few seasons now and I'm poorer for it. Hoping that I'll find a stream somewhere but not too hopeful on that one.

Someone a few posts ago was of the opinion that we'd had a fortunate start - I don't know many teams who see Rangers (H), Hearts (A) and Celtic (H) as their first three matches and think, "yass, get in there". Contrast that with Motherwell who huffed and puffed against a newly-promoted Dundee before having home advantage over a thoroughly meh Hibs team who had an eye on European progression. Admittedly, St. Mirren are probably at a similar enough level to both Killie and Motherwell, but two can play at the being fortunate game, lads!

I don't think this will be an easy game from our point of view at all, especially since this mythical new striker seems to be no closer to signing for us than he was this time last week. In spite of this, I'm quietly confident that we'll be able to get something from this. Even if Corrie Ndaba has to drop out due to injury, I think our defence is capable of holding firm as the players really seem to be buying in to what McInnes and Sheerin are doing.

My big mate Gordon Stirling sadly passed away at 23 years old last weekend. We’ve all heard about his tragic death on TV and social media the past week or so. This boy was KTID he lived and loved his team from the day he was born, me and his dad made sure about that. I was speaking to his dad tonight and he asked me to post this on P&B. A little request for a minute’s applause for him on the 23 minute of the match it would mean so much to him. 

4e9b0d14-5a64-43e9-b25d-fb95688c95ce.jpeg

Edited by killiepiemuncher