Alloa v Falkirk

Alloa don't seem to have had a great start to the season, I'm assuming they have lost too many players in the close season for one reason or another and the replacements aren't as good/still finding their feet. I'd almost forgot Steven "the crab" Hetherington was back at them. I think we will win this by a couple of goals although Sammon will still need to be watched. 

Might well be attempting to summon a performance for Sammon with this week's cover.

Falkirk-League-cover-600x841.webp

Undoubtedly still finding our feet with 10 new players but after so much preseason friendlies and now 7 competitive games into a season there's a palpable worry about why.

When Brian Rice came in we played the same 3-4-3 formation on paper but at times were functionally playing with a 3-1-6. We were attacking and very capable of breaking teams down. We now are distinctly 5-3-2 looking these days often with quite narrow play. Worse than that some of the goals we have conceded are very poor errors from individuals. I think naturally that has led to protecting the defense more which has turned into a bit of a death spiral of hampering the ability to hurt teams and then forcing us on the defensive more often.

A comment you often hear about FA cup games on the BBC is lower league teams on their day can all beat a Premier League team - they just don't have the consistency to always perform at that level. The Queen of the South game is almost certainly the outlier this season in how good the attacking was. That's been the frustrating issue is that its been so inconsistently displayed.

A hangover from last season's playoffs perhaps? Still expect a difficult game, obviously you'll know all about MacIver and his strengths and weaknesses, hopefully your defence pays all it's attention to him which allows our other attacking threats more influence. 

15 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

That twitter post with the close up of a wasp's face, crikey, I for one am terrified of what they'll do  to us.

In real life, everyone hates wasps. I imagine there are all sorts of memes, YT videos and tiktoks of wasps being crushed to give our twitter admin plenty of material to respond with should we win. Here's hoping.... 

23 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

In real life, everyone hates wasps. I imagine there are all sorts of memes, YT videos and tiktoks of wasps being crushed to give our twitter admin plenty of material to respond with should we win. Here's hoping.... 

I only care for an AI generated retort thank you.

A Wasp Skewered on the spire of the steeple might be an option which i really should not be suggesting , but i fear this may be the case 

A bit too early to be facing Falkirk for us in our regenerative state, That said i think Falkirk will be to us this season what  Dunfermline were to us last season 

still one never knows ,but not holding my breath .    0-2 Falkirk .

Kickoff time has fucked this one for me, shame as I do enjoy visiting the Recs/ Indodrill/ whatever it is called these days

Will hopefully manage to catch some of it on the TV. Same line-up and formation that started against Stirling and after 20mins at Cove and the same level of performance would be lovely

Long
Yeats Donaldson Lang McCann
Spencer Henderson
Morrison Agyeman Miller
MacIver

Brad McKay does like a wee goal against Alloa but hopefully he stays injured because he is absolutely shite 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

I was sitting in the South stand on Tuesday and noticed Leon McCann was coming into the midfield like all the top teams in the English premier league are doing with their full backs these days rather than bombing down his wing. Haven't noticed him doing that before but it's an interesting tactic that I haven't seen employed at our level before.

32 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I was sitting in the South stand on Tuesday and noticed Leon McCann was coming into the midfield like all the top teams in the English premier league are doing with their full backs these days rather than bombing down his wing. Haven't noticed him doing that before but it's an interesting tactic that I haven't seen employed at our level before.

He done it a few times last season, seems ideal now that Miller is out there giving some width rather than the likes of Kennedy or Morrison who ultimately need to cut back onto their right foot. 

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

He made a few mistakes on Tuesday against Stirlings LW fell a couple of times and got bullied off the ball. Didnt lead to anything but I still think its our weakest position even though he's started well

I thought he was our 'poorest' performer on Tuesday, still a solid 6 out of 10 though.

Still firmly in the 'need a RB' camp

Would free up Yeats as another midfield option (though wouldn't be starting him on the form of others at the moment)

Whilst he's generally done well RB isn't his natural position. It also drops Jobber McKay one place further down the pecking order 

Jamie Swinney said on the podcast there might be money available for the right loan signing at the right price and we've still got a week to find that player 🤞 Does Blaine Rowe have a club yet? 

2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I notice the " we need a right back" screams have died down a bit. Young Finn must be adapting to the role quicker than we thought 

We have played two promoted sides and Cove so far. I said Finn will do a job but the better teams we face this season may focus on the right back area being a weakness. I'd very much like to see a right back in and Finn challenge for a CM role and be back up right back.

MacIver hat-trick please