Rangers v Celtic - The Old Allocation Derby

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Wait, are folk still saying it's not a foul? Don't get me wrong when I first saw it I just assumed Lagerbielke (who was generally shite) was easily muscled off the ball but the replay is cut and dry surely.

Haven’t seen it tbh. 

22 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Wait, are folk still saying it's not a foul? Don't get me wrong when I first saw it I just assumed Lagerbielke (who was generally shite) was easily muscled off the ball but the replay is cut and dry surely.

Yeah it's a pretty clear foul by Dessers.  Dunno what the fuss is about.  

It's resulted in mass debate and former ref Conroy tells that Robertson should have trusted his gut as VAR was put in his critical sights. He explained: “I don’t see where the foul is. Don was right with his first instinct, and it shouldn’t have been overturned. As we have said before, not all contact is a foul.

“This was not a clear and obvious error - a disputed situation yes, but no clear and obvious error – and that’s the criteria for asking a ref to look at an incident on the monitor. So, it’s a double whammy. Alan Muir should not have called for Don to look at it again and subsequently Don should not have overturned his original decision

21 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's resulted in mass debate and former ref Conroy tells that Robertson should have trusted his gut as VAR was put in his critical sights. He explained: “I don’t see where the foul is. Don was right with his first instinct, and it shouldn’t have been overturned. As we have said before, not all contact is a foul.

“This was not a clear and obvious error - a disputed situation yes, but no clear and obvious error – and that’s the criteria for asking a ref to look at an incident on the monitor. So, it’s a double whammy. Alan Muir should not have called for Don to look at it again and subsequently Don should not have overturned his original decision

It was a foul - albeit a soft one which was correctly pointed out as such by VAR.

Irrespective of whom you support, you would expect an official to see the foul in real time and call it in your team's favour. VAR shouldn't have been disturbed for that incident.

Conroy's comments do nothing other than place further scrutiny on the reliability of referees' decisions in the first place. 

Edited by Barney Rubble

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Isn't it amazing just how many 'soft' decisions have helped celtic win these games recently.

A very lucky team.

You lost to a team with a back line not far off getting guys off the street to play. And lost. Your own back line fucked up to play Kyogo in for the winner.  Instead of dodgy decisions and lucky opponents you need to consider a team that is ordinary at best and lost, again. 

1 minute ago, rainbowrising said:

You lost to a team with a back line not far off getting guys off the street to play. And lost. Your own back line fucked up to play Kyogo in for the winner.  Instead of dodgy decisions and lucky opponents you need to consider a team that is ordinary at best and lost, again. 

The phrase being used is soft decisions,  not dodgy decisions.  

3 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

see when the ref signalled the offside var decision did a lot of the fans think he awarded a goal? 

It was the 2nd disallowed goal that the fans thought he had awarded as a goal. After checking VAR he came back onto the pitch and clearly pointed towards the centre circle. Every single fan where I was sitting was convinced he had awarded the goal (even Joe Hart looked astounded).  

4 hours ago, bennett said:

Thanks for clearing that up Don, fair play to celtic then.

4 hours ago, bennett said:

I wonder who will be the next ex celt to claim that celtic are the victims of cheating, I'm going for Peter Grant.

Is it really worth reading back through the last 20 pages?

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Another busy night defending celtic for Jinky and the lhads. 

45 minutes ago, bennett said:

9 minutes ago, bennett said:

Isn't it amazing just how many 'soft' decisions have helped celtic win these games recently.

A very lucky team.

I know you are pretending that your trolling but f**k me your getting incessantly desperate.