Hibernian's Next Permanent Manager 2023 Edition

Who will be Hibernian's Next Permanent Manager?  

315 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

The only relevant factor there is the new contract. Hibs might shy away from a big fee, but none of the rest of it really makes any difference.

It's a bigger job, it's a better job, it's a better-paid job. If he gets the chance, he'll take it. July or September makes no odds.

This basically for any manager.  McInnes or Robinson would take the HIbs job, or the Hearts job if that came up.  Bigger clubs, better dough for them, bigger budgets giving them more money to play with.

Though that thought process doesn't seem apply to our delusional weegie pals who think being "A Sellik/Rangurz man"  in their daft wee heids will stop someone going to a bigger league with  more pay to work with better players because Sellik/Rangurz ken.

Edited by AndyM

7 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Robinson seems like the sensible appointment, but there's a part of me that thinks he'd struggle at a team with relatively high expectations. It was the reason I didn't want him at Hearts when the job was going. I think he takes a wee while to get teams working how he wants and not sure fans of Hibs will stick with it.

Montgomery looks a good manager but it's so hard to judge coming from that level. 

Think this is true, there’s also the factor that I don’t think his style of football would be as effective for bigger clubs who will dominate games more against opponents who will sit in more against Hibs than the likes of St Mirren.

He’s the standout domestic option and he’d 100% take it, but hopefully they go for Lennon again.

Not sure if I’m in the minority but I personally think Robinson would be a disaster.

If we are going the safe option I’d much rather go McInnes is possible.

Not sure Robinson has done enough to show he’d do well at a club with higher expectations. 

10 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

Not sure if I’m in the minority but I personally think Robinson would be a disaster.

If we are going the safe option I’d much rather go McInnes is possible.

Not sure Robinson has done enough to show he’d do well at a club with higher expectations. 

Totally agree. Robinson should be left to stay at St Mirren for at least another 10 years 

40 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Here’s a good rumour for you. A pal of a boy I work with looks after Ian Gordon’s dog when he goes on holiday, and he (the boy I work with) said Montgomery would be appointed this weekend. 

Thank me when you’re millionaires. 

I want to believe this, so I will. 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Here’s a good rumour for you. A pal of a boy I work with looks after Ian Gordon’s dog when he goes on holiday, and he (the boy I work with) said Montgomery would be appointed this weekend. 

He looks after his dog 😅

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If you’re wrong, you should be banned from all threads discussing Hibs. 

19 hours ago, AndyM said:

This basically for any manager.  McInnes or Robinson would take the HIbs job, or the Hearts job if that came up.  Bigger clubs, better dough for them, bigger budgets giving them more money to play with.

Though that thought process doesn't seem apply to our delusional weegie pals who think being "A Sellik/Rangurz man"  in their daft wee heids will stop someone going to a bigger league with  more pay to work with better players because Sellik/Rangurz ken.

🤔

19 hours ago, AndyM said:

Hasn't McInnes already debunked your theory by turning down the Rangers job while at Aberdeen?

4 hours ago, Paxo said:

Hasn't McInnes already debunked your theory by turning down the Rangers job while at Aberdeen?

It'd be interesting to know what was going on in his life in that spell at Aberdeen. He certainly bucked the footballing trend by seeming to knock back both Sunderland and Rangers. Must have had his reasons.

However, observers considering following his example will note that he's ended up in a relatively shite job. It seems he made two bad career calls in hindsight. Other managers will have noted that.

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

It'd be interesting to know what was going on in his life in that spell at Aberdeen. He certainly bucked the footballing trend by seeming to knock back both Sunderland and Rangers. Must have had his reasons.

However, observers considering following his example will note that he's ended up in a relatively shite job. It seems he made two bad career calls in hindsight. Other managers will have noted that.

Sunderland were a shambles and Rangers refused to match his Aberdeen salary. 

10 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

As a Killie fan, I'm not going to rise to this obvious bait, but to be honest I was surprised that he didn't get a bigger gig after his time at Aberdeen.

I suppose that's to our benefit now, but I think a top 6 finish for Killie this season will put his stock as high as it has been in his career in terms of opening doors for his next move.

He'd be mad to jump ship for Hibs at this point in time.

1 hour ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Sunderland were a shambles and Rangers refused to match his Aberdeen salary. 

There were red flags about both jobs, but it remains unusual for someone to knock back not just one, but two opportunities to move to higher profile jobs. As for his salary, you don't know that, and neither do I. I've heard about a dozen 'ITK' reasons why McInnes didn't go to Rangers.

54 minutes ago, Paxo said:

As a Killie fan, I'm not going to rise to this obvious bait, but to be honest I was surprised that he didn't get a bigger gig after his time at Aberdeen.

I suppose that's to our benefit now, but I think a top 6 finish for Killie this season will put his stock as high as it has been in his career in terms of opening doors for his next move.

He'd be mad to jump ship for Hibs at this point in time.

It's not bait at all. A fact you don't like is not 'bait'. He did get bigger gigs. He got two of them, knocked them back, and his career went backwards.

I think if McInnes had had a crystal ball to tell him that he'd be managing Kilmarnock in six years time when he was offered the Sunderland job, it may have had an impact on his thinking. Sunderland and Rangers are very big clubs. Kilmarnock are a small club. We can never know how it would have gone for him, but with hindsight his career has not progressed since letting those two jobs pass him by.

As I mentioned above, I'm pretty sure other coaches will have noted his trajectory.

Edited by VincentGuerin

On 01/09/2023 at 11:56, AndyM said:

The footballing equivelant of Jehovah's Witnesses 'disfellowshipping' one of their brethren. 🤪