Greenock Morton Vs Partick Thistle

20 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

Was it not Baird who got sent and ended up rolling on the deck wondering what had happened?

That was Waters.

I want to know why we were left 3 on 3 at the back like that. Why was Power where he was or should it have been Wilson deeper? Broadfoot shouldn't have rushed out once he had been put in that position either. I can't remember what happened right before that to put us in such a mess, but it really is awful from us. 

18 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

That was Waters.

I want to know why we were left 3 on 3 at the back like that. Why was Power where he was or should it have been Wilson deeper? Broadfoot shouldn't have rushed out once he had been put in that position either. I can't remember what happened right before that to put us in such a mess, but it really is awful from us. 

Thought was Baird. My bad.

To answer your question: I don't think anyone knows. We were just cut open like a scissor through paper, no effort needed from the attack at all, really.

20 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

Here you go boys. Gloat away ........ But fair play to yous. Clinical and focused. Unless we get our defence fixed, we're in trouble.

Enjoy;

On another day that could have been 4-4

First twenty minutes our defence were dreadful. Once we equalised I felt there was only one winner.I was berating Graham for rolling about up until he rammed my words right down my throat. Apologies to the young lad stood beside me who had to endure my Ill informed rantings.

17 minutes ago, hatchetman said:

First twenty minutes our defence were dreadful. Once we equalised I felt there was only one winner.I was berating Graham for rolling about up until he rammed my words right down my throat. Apologies to the young lad stood beside me who had to endure my Ill informed rantings.

I said during the first half that Graham had been absolutely useless and was helping us by being no outlet at all, but I also said that there's still a big chance of him popping up with a goal or two. From what I've seen over the last couple of years he's mostly gamesmanship and goals now. He does what he needs to, including running to the referee and waving his arms about to point out that Broadfoot was bleeding slightly (to make him have to go off when we were about to defend a corner - I'm pretty sure he caused the bleeding as well). 

50 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

I said during the first half that Graham had been absolutely useless and was helping us by being no outlet at all, but I also said that there's still a big chance of him popping up with a goal or two. From what I've seen over the last couple of years he's mostly gamesmanship and goals now. He does what he needs to, including running to the referee and waving his arms about to point out that Broadfoot was bleeding slightly (to make him have to go off when we were about to defend a corner - I'm pretty sure he caused the bleeding as well). 

He’s actually a lot more than that, his hold up play and bringing others into the game is often superb - but there’s no denying that there’s a lot of gamesmanship with him. I think every club would love that sort of thing from a striker though, and you should be taking (or creating) any advantage you can. 

Genuinely, he’s been incredible for us. 

1 hour ago, SpoonTon said:

I used to hate him when he played against us, always thought he was a p***k.

But now he's OUR p***k...

I do think that he's got even moanier as he's got older - knows better how to use the dark arts.

Must be a right pain having to watch him if he's playing against you.

1 hour ago, SpoonTon said:

As @oneteaminglasgowsaid he’s actually a lot more than the hatchet man who can score goals I’d probably have had him marked as before we signed him. For emphasis, the best game (or certainly one of the best) I’ve ever seen Graham have was last season when we beat Queen’s Park 4-0 at Firhill, and he didn’t score that night. He’s usually rated by most at this level for his goalscoring but his link up ability perhaps goes unnoticed. 
That said, of course he still knows how to play the game and certainly gamesmanship is a big part of what he does. He must be an absolute p***k if he’s not in your team, hence the pelters he often takes from the opposition fans. 

Edited by JagsCG

Wasn't at the game and only got round to highlights today. Based on those I'm not sure I'd blame Waters much for the first. He gets done, but on that evidence it was at best a 50/50 that there was always a chance he was losing out on; that stems from the midfield being nowhere as they move into our half but mostly from Broadfoot then charging wildly out of position.

He's already proven to be a liability and we need to get back to the Baird and O'Connor partnership which we know can be the foundation of a solid defence. Conceding eight goals in three home games when we only conceded 16 in 18 last season is a clear indication of where the problems lie, and even if O'Connor is a less bad option at right back than Blues or McGrattan until we sign one, there's no benefit having him there if it means Broadfoot giving away penalties and goals every week. Obviously Baird is howling as well for the fourth but he at least has the excuse of not being fully fit having been rushed back from an injury.

Watching the highlights: Ton had plenty of chances but missed the target frequently. Unlike Graham who was really sharp with his chances, anticipating well and finishing brilliantly.

That was the difference  - maybe a different impression if you saw the whole game.