Greenock Morton Vs Partick Thistle

Back doon the water...

Pretty poor start for both sides this season but a game both manager will fancy their chances.

Doolan made a couple of key changes yesterday that helped us towards three points.

Morton seem to be persisting with Broadfoot, and he's shipping a goal a game.

Not an easy place to visit, but hoping for a win. Expecting a draw but probably a home win will be the reality.

All fair points, JF. Our 5-1 drubbing by PT early last season marked somewhat of a turning point - something Dougie Imrie was still raging about months later, mentioning it repeatedly in interviews. There's a hope amongst many Ton supporters (me included) that our abysmal showing against Arbroath yesterday will have the same brick-in-the-face effect, and re-galvanise the squad into producing the levels of workrate, discipline and commitment they displayed just a week earlier at Ibrox.  Broadfoot's certainly not doing himself any favours. We urgently need a quality RB, and possibly a loan striker if Oakley's going to be out for awhile. A tough fixture for sure.

I know I said I was shite scared going into the Arbroath game...

Anything like yesterday, and I'll be watching from the shitter this time...

Nothing else to add, so I'll be pretending this game doesn't exist until Friday.

Spoiler

Unless we sign someone, and drop Broadfoot. Then we'll have this in the bag, 4-0, too easy, etc.

For some strange reason, we just don't function against Arbroath.  Against Partick it will be a different game.  Agree that Broadfoot is like being a goal down before we start the game.  If Baird and O'Connor are fit, they should be our centrebacks.  We can manage with Mcgrattan at RB, or arguably Blues, and though it might not be ideal, neither is it as bad as having Broadfoot in the team.  Having Oakley out is a big blow though.  our small squad doesn't allow much leeway for injuries so let's hope at least Quitongo is back and fit.

On 27/08/2023 at 15:02, jagfox said:

Morton seem to be persisting with Broadfoot, and he's shipping a goal a game.

We haven't been 'persisting' anything.

We literally only have 4 defenders on our books and 1 has been injured.

5 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

We haven't been 'persisting' anything.

I don't think that sentence makes any sense?

We literally only have 4 defenders on our books and 1 has been injured.

That's a wee shame*.

*not a shame.

On 30/08/2023 at 13:23, Alibi said:

For some strange reason, we just don't function against Arbroath.  Against Partick it will be a different game.  Agree that Broadfoot is like being a goal down before we start the game.  If Baird and O'Connor are fit, they should be our centrebacks.  We can manage with Mcgrattan at RB, or arguably Blues, and though it might not be ideal, neither is it as bad as having Broadfoot in the team.  Having Oakley out is a big blow though.  our small squad doesn't allow much leeway for injuries so let's hope at least Quitongo is back and fit.

We have the same problem at the back, though it's never the same player at fault. We are unlikely to keep a clean sheet, with Robbie guaranteed a goal against us, 2-1 'ton is the sensible prediction, but sensible and the championship don't match up well as the 0-3 against Arbroath suggests.

If we play with the same attitude shown against QP there is no reason we can't get at least a point from this fixture.

Still a tad worried about central midfield where QP seemed to boss us for large parts of game although not looking likely to convert as defence and Sneddon on good form .If we can tighten up here I'd feel more confident .

2-1sh Jags .