The Binos VS The Accies

We still look poor out of possession, but if we'd scored one of the millions of chances then there wouldn't be any focus on that so hey ho. Just need to hope they're able to recover from a setback after everything going their way so far this season. 

On 29/08/2023 at 13:15, BB_Bino said:

This squad has a way of proving people wrong though 

Nailed it with that mate.  Coming back from 2-0  down against full timers and ending up with a point proves it.  A penalty save from Blair in the 90th minute to secure it as well.  Talk about drama at the end, geez.

Said to my mate when we conceded the first that it would be interested to see how we reacted to conceding our first goal of the season and, well, we didn't. 

For all our dominance in the first half we should've been 3 or 4 up as we missed some guilt edge chances. 

We create so much but have such little fire power that it's a slight concern, although it would be worse if we weren't creating the chances. 

Onto O'Hara, I actually like him and I think he offers a lot of positives to our team, he's good at getting the team forward and his positional sense is excellent. However, he can't finish and everyone around me thought he was missing the penalty as soon as it was him stepping up. I heard people saying at the end 'he should never play again' that's ridiculous. For me, he definitely has a place in this squad and could either be a good winger, 2nd striker or a great impact player to come on against tired legs but, unfortunately, I don't think he is good enough to be a lone striker for us if we seriously want to win this league.

A reality check today but we were never going to win every game and Stirling have started the season strongly so it's not a terrible point, just a hard one to take after being 2-0 up. 

Still positives to take and let's bounce back with a win in Northern Ireland next week. 

Sore one, not just getting pegged back from 2-0 but missing a penalty at the death to compound it.

But... can't win them all, still unbeaten, level on points with Falkirk, and we continue to create plenty of chances.

A wake up call, hopefully, that we can't stroll games every week.

Great attitude from the team again to come back from a seemingly hopeless position. Albion teams in the past would have absolutely wilted after the first goal, never mind going 2-0 down, but not this lot. 

Terrific drama at the end, and an excellent game of football overall. Delighted with a point as Accies should have been out of sight in the first 20 minutes. Given the injuries we had to start with and then Jack Leitch having to go off at half time makes this point even more remarkable. If we stay up by a point this season, this is the game that will have counted. 

Tremendous. 

Absolutely fantastic. I love this team and they never know when they are beaten..

Second Half performance was outstanding. The energy levels to come back from 2 0 down on a hot day, against a full time team. What a great bunch they are.

Super determination from Moore to get to the byeline and what a cross for the equaliser.

I was pretty much already celebrating as Kyle met it. Superb atmosphere behind the goals today.

Dunsmore put in a  fantastic shift out of position too.

Blair Currie outstanding as well..

I love this team

The most exciting Albion match I've been to in a while. Felt like we saw lessons learned from the Falkirk game today. Did a much better job of steadying ourselves at 2-0 and then found ways to hurt Accies. Rode our luck at times - Blair was fantastic - but the last 10 minutes were tremendous excitement. Also think the idea of opening up the terrace has been a great success so far. The Young Team have an area to call their own and everyone else can watch them from afar haha. Fantastic stuff

51 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Sore one, not just getting pegged back from 2-0 but missing a penalty at the death to compound it.

But... can't win them all, still unbeaten, level on points with Falkirk, and we continue to create plenty of chances.

A wake up call, hopefully, that we can't stroll games every week.

The annoying thing is that it was a complete stroll - probably the most dominant we've been this season. 

Obviously we bottled it under pressure today but our first half performance vs. Falkirk's first half performance against you the other week. 

Stirling fans, do you think there's much between us and Falkirk?

There's a reason Kevin O'Hara hasn't really made the grade, he's one of those players who has ability but can't really be called a youngster anymore. Barring a mini purple patch at Alloa where he scored a few goals he's did nothing at Falkirk, Dunfermline and now he's at you guys. As has been mentioned he might be ok as a squad player but he's most definitely not the main man up front as a lone striker. The guy just isn't a natural finisher and will miss more than he scores. 

16 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

First half, yes. Second half was more even.

Easy to say this in hindsight but I worried your late 1st half goal would cause us to shit the bed second half.

We did the same last week v Montrose but got away with it.

I still worry about Rankin - I think he's far too conservative and doesn't have the killer instinct during the second half if we are already ahead.

I knew today was going to be a tougher test than what we've faced so far, but I didn't expect it to pan out like that.

Enjoyed the first 40 minutes, thought we started quickly and dominated them, and should have scored 3 or 4. After that we got so lethargic and sloppy, didn't close down quick enough and it was an easy goal just before the break for Stirling.

Was really hoping Rankin would have kicked them up the arse for that, but seems he did f**k all, as it continued for the whole of the 2nd half, and I felt Stirling deserved the equaliser and the draw overall.

I think the weaknesses in the team and the management began to show themselves today. Obviously no need to panic at the moment, but will need to keep an eye on them if we want to challenge for the title.

Think people went a bit overboard on O'hara. I definitely have a lot of time for him, as he runs himself into the ground and does help us get forward. Its down to the club to get off their arse and sign a goalscorer.

Stirling showed a real resilience and belief, was really impressed with their attitude. Think they have a good chance to compete for a play-off place this season.

No surprises in first half. Hamilton fast and direct. Unlike Falkirk, they couldn’t close the game. The penalty?? was poorly taken. And reflected HAFC last 20mins.  Albion continue to make it a joy to turn  up at Forthbank. Part-timers,  with full-time effort.

Wee bit of interesting trivia, Kevin O'Hara, like myself, comes from the village of Fallin which is about a mile from Forthbank stadium. 

Effort and resilience of the Albion to hang on in there and snatch a point from a game, based on possession and chances, they had no right to was absolutely brilliant. 

Yes, you can say they rode their luck but sometimes, you earn a bit of luck through hard work and determination as well as mental toughness, this was a prime example. 

4 hours ago, Accies1 said:

Obviously we bottled it under pressure today but our first half performance vs. Falkirk's first half performance against you the other week. 

Difficult to say cause the context of the games was so different. Falkirk we went into burst after playing Aberdeen three days before and didn't have the energy to get back into the game after a dubious penalty decision just when we had started to get a foothold. I think Darren Young learned from that experience today with his changes at the break, albeit we were dragged back into the game with a goal against the run of play. 

We definitely got more joy attacking Accies, particularly down the two wings. Longridge looked like a weak link in the second half and the keeper wasn't smart either.

From the two matches, I'd say Falkirk look the better in both penalty boxes but Accies look stronger in terms of chance creation. I wouldn't like to commit to one team or the other being significantly stronger, though.

Looking at it from a Binos perspective, I'm delighted our players looked gutted they didn't win the game at the end. Tremendous spirit from the team, even if that's a game we lose more often than not after the second goal - which was either miserable defending or assistant refereeing.

6 hours ago, Accies1 said:

You are miles better than Falkirk. They caught us on a day when we had nothing in the tank, and although they spanked us in the first half, they ran out of ideas, and were generally very predictable. We just couldn't cope on that night. I enjoyed watching Accies today, played football the right way, and had a good few different ways of getting through us. I hope you guys win the league. 😁

13 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

You are miles better than Falkirk. They caught us on a day when we had nothing in the tank, and although they spanked us in the first half, they ran out of ideas, and were generally very predictable. We just couldn't cope on that night. I enjoyed watching Accies today, played football the right way, and had a good few different ways of getting through us. I hope you guys win the league. 😁

Ran out of ideas 😂