The Scottish Cup 2023-24 - WoSFL teams

15 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

If Dalbeattie don't beat Carluke I'm going to live in that cave east of here along the 75 that Big Brucey supposedly had his spider moment.

Remember last season? Royal Albert beat Creetown in the South Challenge Cup, could be a Spider in a cave come Saturday night.

Great weight of expectation on Dalbeattie's shoulders, Everybody outwith a 5 mile radius of Islecroft will be looking for a Carluke victory, can see it already, SOSFL shouldn't be tier 6, abolish the League and merge with the WOS, Lowland League must be rubbish if Star were in it for 10 years, pyramid is all wrong, blah blah blah, yawn yawn yawn'

OOOh ahh up the Star

2 hours ago, Sermani said:

Remember last season? Royal Albert beat Creetown in the South Challenge Cup, could be a Spider in a cave come Saturday night.

Great weight of expectation on Dalbeattie's shoulders, Everybody outwith a 5 mile radius of Islecroft will be looking for a Carluke victory, can see it already, SOSFL shouldn't be tier 6, abolish the League and merge with the WOS, Lowland League must be rubbish if Star were in it for 10 years, pyramid is all wrong, blah blah blah, yawn yawn yawn'

OOOh ahh up the Star

There are a few posters who will be all over me like a rash if results on Sat are bad for the SOS. Don't know how I've become the Guardian of the SOSFL; I'm no even from the Galloway. I'll wait for the results and then say my peace.

16 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

There are a few posters who will be all over me like a rash if results on Sat are bad for the SOS. Don't know how I've become the Guardian of the SOSFL; I'm no even from the Galloway. I'll wait for the results and then say my peace.

As long as you keep posting about the SoSFL. I don't often reply as it's the tier 6 league I know the least about (and the only one I've never seen a game in but I have plans to change that), but I do read it regularly as I'd like to stay informed about the other leagues. :) 

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

The squeaky wheel gets the most oil.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

The squeaky wheel gets the most oil.

Have never been the type to sit quietly in the corner as you may have noticed. 🤡

At least posters are now contributing and following the South thread. Afore I started attending games last autumn this thread was virtually dead.

4 hours ago, Marten said:

As long as you keep posting about the SoSFL. I don't often reply as it's the tier 6 league I know the least about (and the only one I've never seen a game in but I have plans to change that), but I do read it regularly as I'd like to stay informed about the other leagues. :) 

Don't call it a Tier 6 league you will get in trouble. 

19 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Well In that case I hope it doesn't have a phone/WiFi reception.

Feeling the love guys. You'll all miss my drivel if I become a hermit.

3 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Have never been the type to sit quietly in the corner as you may have noticed. 🤡

At least posters are now contributing and following the South thread. Afore I started attending games last autumn this thread was virtually dead.

This thread was only started yesterday.

On 30/08/2023 at 10:04, Sermani said:

OOOh ahh up the Star

🤣🤣  Think the moaning's and arguments etc.. about SOSFL teams at tier 6 is not really anything to go by the Scottish Cup results but does give fans a gauge.  Think its more regarding a full season in the league.  One off cup ties cannot be  a gauge but for fans but as of a boasting.  The level of the SOSFL is lower than both premiers of the EOSFL and WOSFL meaning I believe as I've watched a number of SOSFL teams in past couple of years if they were in either premier league there is no doubt they would finish bottom.
Carluke, I've been informed last week, are weaker than last year but I cannot confirm. I watched them last year and lets say I wasn't impressive.  Whether Carluke win or are beaten, its not a gauge for the level between WOSFL and SOSFL teams but I will say, if Carluke win, this is a seriously embarrassing result for Dalbeattie.    I do think Dalbeattie will win but football is football and you never know with one off cup games.

58 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

🤣🤣  Think the moaning's and arguments etc.. about SOSFL teams at tier 6 is not really anything to go by the Scottish Cup results but does give fans a gauge.  Think its more regarding a full season in the league.  One off cup ties cannot be  a gauge but for fans but as of a boasting.  The level of the SOSFL is lower than both premiers of the EOSFL and WOSFL meaning I believe as I've watched a number of SOSFL teams in past couple of years if they were in either premier league there is no doubt they would finish bottom.
Carluke, I've been informed last week, are weaker than last year but I cannot confirm. I watched them last year and lets say I wasn't impressive.  Whether Carluke win or are beaten, its not a gauge for the level between WOSFL and SOSFL teams but I will say, if Carluke win, this is a seriously embarrassing result for Dalbeattie.    I do think Dalbeattie will win but football is football and you never know with one off cup games.

Looking at Carluke's results this season so far, 3 wins against the bottom 3 teams in the WOS league 4, i'm very hopeful of a Star victory.  The other SOS teams all have home advantage so hoping Creetown and Newton Stewart make a decent fist of it, Saints seem to have lost there way this season and Wigtown have no chance.

Correct, one off Scottish Cup or Challenge Cup games are no gauge, you can only beat what's put in front of you doesn't matter if it's tier 6 or 26. The level of the SOSFL tier 6 isn't as high as other leagues but at the end of the day, except the end of season play off,  it doesn't really have affect on the pyramid.

23 hours ago, Sermani said:

Looking at Carluke's results this season so far, 3 wins against the bottom 3 teams in the WOS league 4, i'm very hopeful of a Star victory.  The other SOS teams all have home advantage so hoping Creetown and Newton Stewart make a decent fist of it, Saints seem to have lost there way this season and Wigtown have no chance.

Correct, one off Scottish Cup or Challenge Cup games are no gauge, you can only beat what's put in front of you doesn't matter if it's tier 6 or 26. The level of the SOSFL tier 6 isn't as high as other leagues but at the end of the day, except the end of season play off,  it doesn't really have affect on the pyramid.

Good luck to all the SOSFL teams,   I personally want to see any team from the Lowland down do well in the Scottish, reaching as high as Darvel did last season.

Your 100% correct, it doesn't effect the pyramid now, but it will effect the Pyramid if we all get what we want, i.e. with the whole pyramid relegation and promotion opening up right through all the divisions, 3 relegated from the Lowland it will effect the pyramid with a low level team going up as champions to an even higher division

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:

How did a thread created about the WoSFL teams playing in The Scottish Cup this Saturday suddenly become a discussion about the future structure of the SoSFL ? 🤣

Blame @jimbaxtershe started if with this.

"Would be nice but in this tournament, every win is a bonus. Unless you're playing an SoSL team"

I wasn't prepared to let him get away with that wee dig at the SOSFL. 😎😎😎

On 30/08/2023 at 11:04, Sermani said:

Remember last season? Royal Albert beat Creetown in the South Challenge Cup, ...

Would have thought it would be more Abbey Vale beating Newmains United and Lochar Thistle beating Larkhall Thistle and then Jeanfield Swifts that you would have wanted to bring up. Think you are talking up Carluke being favourites a bit too much given that backdrop. 

19 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Blame @jimbaxtershe started if with this.

"Would be nice but in this tournament, every win is a bonus. Unless you're playing an SoSL team"

I wasn't prepared to let him get away with that wee dig at the SOSFL. 😎😎😎

Absolutely,  the disrespect shown to the SoSFL from all quarters is poor, particularly from the noisy neighbours in  the West. Yes the overall standard is not as high as other Tier 6 leagues. But this is a long standing league  that didn't in any way  do anything but support the creation of the Pyramid,  with all the obvious pressures it would bring. They operate in a very different environment,  particularly from the West, that is not of their making. 

On 29/08/2023 at 15:17, glensmad said:

Beith Juniors v Bonnyton Thistle

Carluke Rovers v Dalbeattie Star

Cumnock Juniors v Girvan

Easthouses Lily v Threave Rovers

Fort William v Clydebank

Glenafton Athletic v Darvel

Irvine Meadow XI v Dunipace

Kilwinning Rangers v Glasgow University

Penicuik Athletic v Rutherglen Glencairn

Pollok v Benburb

Wigtown & Bladnoch v Auchinleck Talbot

Also scope for some east vs west comparisons with the bolded fixtures.