Motherwell v Saints 16 Sept 2023

Just now, standupforthemotherwell said:

I believe Sir James of McFadden put it best when he said Robinson was a hammer throwing ****

Clearly set out to injure our best striker in the cup therefore meaning we can't score in a brothel when it comes to the league game.

Hide contents

I wasn't at the game and have no idea if we were any good

Your best striker 🤣🤣🤣🤣

He had hardly kicked a ball for you. 
Scored a goal against the worst Hibs side in years and you’ve all got him penned as some injured saviour. 🤣🤣

Fair play to Saint's, you're a carbon copy of what we were when Robinson initially took us over. A mix of very decent play, good work ethic, and plenty of the tactical fouls and taking one for the team scenarios that utterly enrage the opposition support. All the stuff the fans love.

On the game and balance of play, we really should have taken a point and only have ourselves to blame through some poor finishing and decision making in the final 3rd. I've no doubt we'll be absolutely fine over the course of the season, but we really need our first choice forwards back ASAP.

In Turkey just now, so I'll head off now to drown my sorrows Efes.

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Hard to be too annoyed with that performance/result really. We were the better team obviously, but not by much, and Robinson teams will always be able to take advantage if you're as profligate (and slightly unlucky) as we were.

Maybe if your players stopped diving all over the park and concentrated on playing the game yous might get on better.

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Hard to be too annoyed with that performance/result really. We were the better team obviously, but not by much, and Robinson teams will always be able to take advantage if you're as profligate (and slightly unlucky) as we were.

Yes, perhaps your lot were competitive, but we've done them twice already. Hey ho, shit happens, and it's happened to you. 

🖕

22 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Fair play to Saint's, you're a carbon copy of what we were when Robinson initially took us over. A mix of very decent play, good work ethic, and plenty of the tactical fouls and taking one for the team scenarios that utterly enrage the opposition support. All the stuff the fans love.

On the game and balance of play, we really should have taken a point and only have ourselves to blame through some poor finishing and decision making in the final 3rd. I've no doubt we'll be absolutely fine over the course of the season, but we really need our first choice forwards back ASAP.

In Turkey just now, so I'll head off now to drown my sorrows Efes.

I was in Turkey when Saints beat Celtic last September. It was daylight (Monday) when we got back to our apartment (although I had slept for 4 hours in a pub garden in Icmeler).  Great place to celebrate or commiserate. 

15 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Another week where St Mirren fans can act all Billy Big Bawz and waffle over-the-top hyperbole about the ‘best St Mirren team in a generation’….

Ah, fcuking lovely. Get the beers in - seven day supply again?

E838CC21-4810-4BFF-93D1-47469B2ED572.jpeg

Oh and it the Watery Farts next week  👀😅👀

Jesus fucken wept the tears and snotters from Well fans are glorious. 
You would think were the only team in history to ride our luck a bit, but still come away with the points.

Winning is so much more sweet when the very posters dishing it out for what seems like years, are the very ones who can’t take it back. :lol:

Motherwell manager Stuart Kettlewell tells BBC Scotland: "I'd have been disappointed with a draw today! It's our best performance since I've come in February. All round I thought we were outstanding. It must have been a joy to watch at times. It was for me. 

"I felt calm at the side of the park because I felt we carried a threat, we were in charge of the ball for large spells. We looked very solid and defensively - apart from one moment.

"That's why it's the strangest game in the world. I have to laugh. At times, we've been second best overall in games and we've won games and seen them out. Today, St Mirren have done that to us.

"It's as hard a defeat as there is to take."

Me too Stuart 👍🏻

Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network

One of those games.

Can't complain as my kids had a good day.

Had a chuckle at the StMirren emblazoned van getting gobbed on by passers by though. 

PSA whoever is driving it, wear gloves 😆 

I thought we had enough of the game to possibly even win it, however the decision making near the box was poor, often looking for one final pass rather than taking the responsibility on themselves.  I don’t know if Saints have an excellent keeper or if we just kept firing the ball at his chest, every shot a pass back, I think he only had one save from a free kick.

From the opposite end of the park it looked as if the defence felt comfortable when the ball came into the box for the goal but had no idea that Tanser was there.

Saints crime count of 3 x our fouls was not unexpected and was matched by the 5 yellow cards dished out.

I thought our changes could have been made earlier.

Disappointed but not disheartened.