Raith Rovers vs Cliftonville

R.R.FC

16 minutes ago, Daz80 said:

Loads of other teams have had their version of the Union Jack on display, pretty much every team in Scotland bar Celtic. I don’t think many people would consider Hibs to be partial to rangers if that’s what people are suggesting on here due to the flag.

IMG_4156.jpeg

To reiterate:

they arent chucking it up there because they happen to be big fans of the Last Night of the Proms.

A goalkeeper injured in the Diddy Cup, is it? At least we learned the lesson and didn't paly the first choice. Hopefully Thomson isn't out for too long or else we're going to have an issue waiting to happen. 

Thank f**k that UDA shite didn't turn up at the match. 

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

A goalkeeper injured in the Diddy Cup, is it? At least we learned the lesson and didn't paly the first choice. Hopefully Thomson isn't out for too long or else we're going to have an issue waiting to happen. 

Thank f**k that UDA shite didn't turn up at the match. 

So these gimps took the flags with them outside the stadium and didn’t bother going in with them or they were stopped from taking them in? 

Edited by MazzyStar

42 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

So these gimps took the flags with them outside the stadium and didn’t bother going in with them or they were stopped from taking them in? 

It always seems to be that older bald guy involved (pictured in the middle of the back row) 

A good day out through to Fife yesterday. As said weather gave it a preseason feel.

I thought Cliftonville just about edged the first half and had three decent chances, but were missing a striker.

Ian Murray probably had a few words at halftime and Raith were a different proposition second half.

Not clear if actually was a corner that Rovers opened the scoring from but it was a nice finish and awful defending.

This was the theme for the second goal. A cracking finish but the Reds defence just kept backing off.

Game was well over by then but Raith stuck to their task and nobody could really argue with a 3-0 win.

A professional performance from Raith, certainly second half, as they continued their good start to the season. 

Wasn't aware of flag-gate but did hear there were some Raith 'fans' trying to wind-up some younger Cliftonville fans with UDA flags. Personally I thought it was a load of nonsense, but apparently not.

Headed north on the search for a few drinks and a bite to eat.

No chance of a fish supper in Anstruther so ended up having a curry, which was decent.

Wouldn't be too surprised if Rovers restored the natural order and went on to win the trophy this season. They certainly have the tools, to do so.

7 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

It always seems to be that older bald guy involved (pictured in the middle of the back row) 

Ironic that this one was taken outside a hairdresser...

20230909_214128.thumb.jpg.91d431fd9c65096298a043e64f9fd681.jpg.66019c2f01347905da01ae2860cd8b1c.jpg

12 hours ago, renton said:

To reiterate:

they arent chucking it up there because they happen to be big fans of the Last Night of the Proms.

That’s fucking embarrassing, we’ve no association with either of the cheeks and it was only just over a decade ago the blue side wanted to burn Starks to the ground after Hutton spoke out. I’m not a fan of UJs but before seeing this photo I’d just have ignored it as it’s after all it is the UK flag. However these idiots can get it to f**k as that photo says 1000 words about their reason for having it. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

That is, of course, pish. Usual suspects Dundee, Airdrie and Hearts, but no one else that I can recall.

A lot of clubs do have them now, including Hibs. It’s seen as more of a casual culture thing, apparently. That, of course, is clearly not why these folk have it given they’ve just had their photo taken with the UDA. 

56 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

A lot of clubs do have them now, including Hibs. It’s seen as more of a casual culture thing, apparently. That, of course, is clearly not why these folk have it given they’ve just had their photo taken with the UDA. 

Hibs have had them for decades, they are clearly not unionists. But it is a casual thing hanginga Union Jack with your team colours. The lads with the ulster flags have obviously just come out to noise up the cliftonville supporters, don’t think there is too much in that at all going forward. I don’t think politics or religion should be anywhere near fitba and that goes for all but shit like this happens, everyone should calm down a bit.

Just watched the highlights and thought we were a bit fortunate not to have conceded in that first half, on another day one of the two efforts may well have gone in, however apart from all that we looked well in control, with the 2nd half in particular showing some lovely passages of play and really pleased to see young Masson in the team and scoring

59 minutes ago, Daz80 said:

Hibs have had them for decades, they are clearly not unionists. But it is a casual thing hanginga Union Jack with your team colours. The lads with the ulster flags have obviously just come out to noise up the cliftonville supporters, don’t think there is too much in that at all going forward. I don’t think politics or religion should be anywhere near fitba and that goes for all but shit like this happens, everyone should calm down a bit.

Agree with most of what you say, but don't think it's just a today issue: 

Screenshot_20230910_010117_Chrome.jpg

22 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Think that's the same guy from yesterday so it's clearly a him being a moron issue. The fact he's using the clubs badge etc is the worrying aspect for me. 

21 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I’m not going to sit here and defend them as they two are obviously bigots that support rangers that can’t be arsed going to Ibrox much these days. I also don’t think linktown derry and our badge should be seen together either, but seriously what do people want done about this? What’s the issue apart from most including myself not liking it? You don’t like it, go up and tell them. 

Folk are free to bring whatever they want to the games. Not my cup of tea but they must like it. Getting your photo taken with the flag alongside the flag of a banned terrorist organisation maybe no the smartest idea, right enough. Looking forward to the 2024 Boko Haram link up.