Batshit Mental Away Supporter Rules

9 minutes ago, greendot said:

Not entirely sure what the fuss is about with this as the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1995 already deals with those exact issues.  The bus companies have them written into their terms and conditions for years when theyre being hired out for football crowds so whichever supporters club representatives deal with transport for your club would have already agreed to the conditions laid out in that twitter post.

This is the nub of the issue. The Act requires the police to investigate, report to the fiscal etc. if they want to prosecute the bus company. This, if effected, allows the police, or anybody else, to make a complaint to the Traffic Commisioners. They have all sorts of powers, including suspending or revoking a company’s PSV licence. No big investigation by the police, no reference to the fiscal and no court appearance where evidence can be challenged. Far simpler, less fair, and less transparent.

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Fiona Hyslop is the transport minister but it's a start at least.

I noticed earlier the new list, after the SNP re-shuffle this morning at Westminster , Gavin Newlands Transport. Assume that's only in Westminster ?

6 minutes ago, billyg said:

I noticed earlier the new list, after the SNP re-shuffle this morning at Westminster , Gavin Newlands Transport. Assume that's only in Westminster ?

Aye, Newlands is Shadow Secretary for Transport at Westminster, Hyslop is Minister for Transport at Holyrood

2 hours ago, billyg said:

Gavin Newlands MP , SNP Transport Minister ? says it's a devolved issue to Scotland and won't be happening up here !

It’s not devolved. The levers to enforce it are, which might be what he means, but if it’s about licensing of the company then it’s reserved. One of the many areas where there’s a weird thing in the devolution settlement that what would seem to be wholly devolved actually isn’t, and the bit that isn’t turns out to be fairly important. 

Posted similar on Twitter earlier but the sheer pettiness of some of the conditions is wild. The section on games outside Great Britain is completely unenforceable and they've included teams from the Highland and Lowland Leagues in the massively unlikely scenario that they draw an Irish team in the Challenge Cup (even though they haven't competed in the last two years). A waste of everyone's time which needs to be strongly opposed by fans.

10 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It’s not devolved. The levers to enforce it are, which might be what he means, but if it’s about licensing of the company then it’s reserved. One of the many areas where there’s a weird thing in the devolution settlement that what would seem to be wholly devolved actually isn’t, and the bit that isn’t turns out to be fairly important. 

He said something along the lines of Policing being devolved , so it ends there !

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Was the  second Falkirk-Dunfermline game not treated like this. I am pretty sure no Pars buses or supporters were allowed into Grangemouth/Falkirk before the game and had to go straight to the ground.

Can't resist

image.png.d8c51605c969f4670b16561c6a8617b8.png

image.png.4a08e66bd1a7cdba01a4dd65314cc99c.png

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Oh I have. I just don’t believe the snp wouldn’t have backed this if fans didn’t kick up a stink overnight. 

Did you? You thought it was a Bill earlier on.

You think the SNP wouldn't resist attempts to exercise power over areas devolved to Scotland no matter what the issue is?

Edited by invergowrie arab

5 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

The same police Scotland that just announced they will no longer be putting resources into investigating certain "low level" crime ?

They are stretched beyond the limits as it is so I doubt they will be "jizzing" at any prospect, no matter how remote of having to put more resources into football. They have spent the last few years vastly cutting back on policing football matches (most games in Scotland including many in the top division are non policed in and around the stadium) so not sure where your take comes from ?

If away fans aren't traveling to the games, a larger police presence isn't necessary. Maybe I didn't convey myself well enough.

With the defacto away support ban that some clubs are putting out, it's a win for the police.

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

If away fans aren't traveling to the games, a larger police presence isn't necessary. Maybe I didn't convey myself well enough.

With the defacto away support ban that some clubs are putting out, it's a win for the police.

There are zero clubs in Scotland who are operating a de facto ban on away supporters. There are two clubs who do it for a single fixture and that's it.

SCOTTISH FOOTBALL EXPRESSES CONCERN AT PROPOSED NEW FAN TRAVEL RULES

PROPOSALS FROM THE TRAFFIC COMMISIONERS FOR GREAT BRITAIN COULD IMPACT SUPPORTERS ON PUBLIC HIRE VEHICLES

Scottish football’s leading bodies have expressed concern over proposed new rules for fans travelling to matches on public hire vehicles, which have been issued by the Traffic Commissioners for Great Britain.

A joint statement issued on behalf of the Scottish FA, Scottish Professional Football League, and Scottish Women’s Premier League said: “There's no evidence that this is a significant problem in Scottish football. We are concerned by the targeted nature of these proposals which serve to demonise football fans and interfere unnecessarily in people’s lives. 

“In Scotland, there are already appropriate powers held by PHV operators, Police Scotland and other partners to deal effectively with a very small number of incidents by a minority of fans.

“The consultation itself notes that the majority of football fans are law-abiding and do not cause any disturbances when travelling to or from games, yet these proposals would unfairly affect the vast majority of football fans who travel safely and respectfully to and from matches on a weekly basis.

“We don’t support these unnecessary and heavy-handed proposals and we will be making our views clear in the consultation

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There are zero clubs in Scotland who are operating a de facto ban on away supporters. There are two clubs who do it for a single fixture and that's it.

The system Swansea have for Cardiff games could be something that is looked into for Old Firm games. Celtic/Rangers fans park at their own stadium and get a bussed in and out. It could alleviate some of the crush problems that happened around Celtic Park.

Would get rid of all the moaning that somehow it is not safe for away fans to attend these fixtures despite them doing so for 130 years.  (not at £20 a skull though, the OF game is a big enough rip off as it is)

4 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Was the  second Falkirk-Dunfermline game not treated like this. I am pretty sure no Pars buses or supporters were allowed into Grangemouth/Falkirk before the game and had to go straight to the ground.

I believe the improvement works carried out by our support to Dunfermline town centre before the previous fixture were not appreciated, and it was anticipated the favour would be returned, hence the ban.

In all seriousness the security for these matches last season was massively, massively over the top. About a million stewards and mounted police, body-searching pensioners, re-routing supporters buses, restricting allocations so despite a 'sell out' there were 1500 empty seats for the 2nd EEP game - You'd think it was WW3 rather than a game of football , it was ridiculous and must have cost both clubs a fortune

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876