Away travel restrctions

I don’t often drink when I go to the football and have had the experience ruined on a few occasions by pissed up Arsehole’s who have been drinking since dawn for an away trip. I am often embarrassed by the reprobates who are deposited in towns and city’s across Scotland who show little respect to the local area or people.

I have however no knowledge of how these people got to the game, whether it is by car, train or bus so to me, it’s a social problem with alcohol rather than football buses

These guidelines look like they have been created by someone who has watched an American backed film about football hooligans and feels they have to act. 

The fact that companies can operate party buses for “Big Sharon’s” hen night or Rugby clubs running buses to internationals are not also under scrutiny means it’s a cheap target for people who only attend games where they are given hospitality. 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I don’t often drink when I go to the football and have had the experience ruined on a few occasions by pissed up Arsehole’s who have been drinking since dawn for an away trip. I am often embarrassed by the reprobates who are deposited in towns and city’s across Scotland who show little respect to the local area or people.

I have however no knowledge of how these people got to the game, whether it is by car, train or bus so to me, it’s a social problem with alcohol rather than football buses

This is so very true. Get on any mid afternoon Saturday train going into a city through the central belt and it's filled with middle age women, bottles of prosecco and plastic wine glasses. Come back from 9pm onwards and they're buckled heading home. The same applies to Edinburgh for the jeans and sheux brigade. 

Football fans continually get an incredibly skewed reputation. Obviously there are elements where they'll go out and cause chaos, but by the same token there's far more community and mental health support, and initiatives such as food bank drives where next to no credit is given. If you follow the SPFL Trust twitter you'll see so much good work they do in the community. 

For far too long it's been an easy go to group for politicians and journalists to bash rather than looking at the deeper issues.

It's a proposal. A piece of virtue-signalling shite originating from some chinless, suited no-hoper wishing to make a name for him/herself. And one which stands about as much chance of success as I did when I once wrote to Jennifer Aniston asking her out.

If this was the old 'in print' days rather than the digital age - this would be wrapping up a fish supper tomorrow.

Edited by Chippyminton

Have to agree ,why is the government in Westminster only picking on football and not rugby ?They probably figure a large proportion of rugby fans are Tory voters so don’t want to antagonise them . Increasingly when I am travelling in the train on a Saturday when a rugby international is on the fans are boarding with major carry outs in contravention of Scotrail rules .Many are well blootered when they get off and the women are usually the loudest . With bars in the ground they hang about Edinburgh longer and  are well pissed on the return journey and can be a proper nuisance .

Also ,why is it ok for Westminster to impose English football bus rules on Scotland but not to impose the English rules on allowing  bars in the grounds ?

40 minutes ago, Big Ally said:

Have to agree ,why is the government in Westminster only picking on football and not rugby ?They probably figure a large proportion of rugby fans are Tory voters so don’t want to antagonise them . Increasingly when I am travelling in the train on a Saturday when a rugby international is on the fans are boarding with major carry outs in contravention of Scotrail rules .Many are well blootered when they get off and the women are usually the loudest . With bars in the ground they hang about Edinburgh longer and  are well pissed on the return journey and can be a proper nuisance .

Also ,why is it ok for Westminster to impose English football bus rules on Scotland but not to impose the English rules on allowing  bars in the grounds ?

Reading the article posted I don’t see it referring specifically to football, it references “sporting events”.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Reading the article posted I don’t see it referring specifically to football, it references “sporting events”.

Maybe you should read the proposed legislation. It’s pretty clear that it’s limited to football.

IMG_6453.jpeg

IMG_6454.jpeg

There’s also repeated references to the ‘Dedicated Football Officer’ - not sure other sporting events will have one of them.

Edited by CallumPar

7 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Maybe you should read the proposed legislation. It’s pretty clear that it’s limited to football.

IMG_6453.jpeg

IMG_6454.jpeg

There’s also repeated references to the ‘Dedicated Football Officer’ - not sure other sporting events will have one of them.

It's not legislation it's a proposed voluntary code of conduct for transport operators.

It's not happening.

8 hours ago, CallumPar said:

40 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It's not legislation it's a proposed voluntary code of conduct for transport operators.

It's not happening.

Ouch!  That must hurt.

56 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It's not happening.

Fair. I’d just assumed (wrongly) that this would be enforceable, since it was being reported on and based on the response by the SFA/SPFL. Seems like a bit of a non-story, since it’s not going to be any kind of legal requirement.

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Fair. I’d just assumed (wrongly) that this would be enforceable, since it was being reported on and based on the response by the SFA/SPFL. Seems like a bit of a non-story, since it’s not going to be any kind of legal requirement.

I suspect the SPFL/SFA/SWPL statement didn't really read the fine print and was more an effort to calm down the instant lashback, and show they're against this.

All the three bodies have to do is say to bus companies/supporters clubs to ignore it and it becomes a non-issue, literally speaking.

Edited by ClydeTon
Typo