St Johnstone v Rangers, 16/09/23 12.30 KO

Just now, tree house tam said:

Every post is the same though. Sure the players brought in aren't proven but to give them a handful of games, some not even that and decide we are doomed is just pure defeatist. We all knew it would be at least end of September before the new guys got up to speed and most of the half decent injured players would be back training. Yet here you are every week banging the we are doomed drum. It may well turn out that they are all not good enough but you need to at least give the club and players a chance to put out their strongest 11.

And every week you tell everyone the next week will be better.

Drey Wright and Nicky Clark arent turning our side around. We probably go 4-4-2 soon but we only have Wright who can take folk on (as it stands, Costelloe has potential but i doubt he reaches needed standards this season as he looks miles off it, id expected him to be better but its Craig Thomson-esque).

Means you need the full backs to push on but all 4 look unhappy in attacking positions + all 4 lack pace. 

Means we'll just see lots of our full backs ending up really high to support wingers and us getting murdered in transitions as our CBs cant run.

CM area the best position, MacPherson aside who seems to have completely chucked it, and thats where my hope lies i think. I like Turner-Cooke and think he could turn out well, but that means we play one up front and means youre relying on Kane finishing chances.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And every week you tell everyone the next week will be better.

Drey Wright and Nicky Clark arent turning our side around. 

It will be better the more minutes these guys get and the more proven players we get back, it certainly can't get any worse than what we witnessed at the start of the season. 

Drey Wright, debatably last years player of the year and scorer of five goals? Na he won't make a difference.

Nicky Clark, scorer of four goals in 20 games and was roundly applauded for turning Stevie May into our top goalscorer, that Nicky Clark? Na he'll no make any difference. 

Then you have players who haven't even played yet, Sprangler and Jaiyesimi, you dont have a fucking clue how they will turn out but they're written off before even one minute. Get a fucking grip for fucks sake.

51 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It will be better the more minutes these guys get

It might not though, players dont always get better with experience and a few are looking like Wallace Duffy. Just so overwhelmed by the pressure theyre now under that its already broken them. Costelloe genuinely looked terrified for the entire match to me.

Ive said why i dont think Wright/Clark will be enough to transform us. Our defence is the big weakness and its being made worse by the inability to deal with transitions. Thats a coaching issue thats haunted us since the start of the season and is still costing us goals.

As for Sprangler, looking forward to him playing but a midfield 3 of him, Phillips and Smith is contributing about 2 goals all season between them. Jaiyesimi ive little hope about.

Edited by RandomGuy.

47 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Got bored of it years ago although I do dip in now and again. Think I might join the banter page....

Aye if you think Random’s negative then you’d love both. Come back Callum was a particular favourite of mine. 

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

In all seriousness, how have they not given that?

Remember, Old Firm clubs aren't judged by different standards. Its just coincidence they get "lucky" with refereeing decisions so often.

Watched this yesterday. You Saint boys are in big trouble if that Carey boy plays.

He is fucking honking, I didn't have a boat in the race, however I did shout a few times at the sheer shitness that he was doing the full match.  How the f**k he lasted the full game was mental.

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

How the f**k he lasted the full game was mental.

Because literally nobody else in our squad ever creates anything so his 2 decent crosses out of 56 touches makes him relatively integral to us in attack.

Ill be happy to see him away in the Summer. Hes one who we desperately needed to rely on in these early games and hes flopped entirely. 

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Remember, Old Firm clubs aren't judged by different standards. Its just coincidence they get "lucky" with refereeing decisions so often.

Neither of them are what you’d call stonewallers, really. The first is very similar to one we had turned down against Killie on the opening day that most seemed to think wasn’t a penalty.

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

Neither of them are what you’d call stonewallers, really. The first is very similar to one we had turned down against Killie on the opening day that most seemed to think wasn’t a penalty.

Its why i hate VAR.

The first is given before VAR, but refs now seem to leave things expecting VAR to check it. Clips then dont show enough so they have to stick with the on field decision, which is nothing because they waited on VAR.

The 2nd is exactly what VAR is meant to be finding and penalising. Pulling in the box is apparently a no go these days yet you still get instances like that being ignored then next week a lesser one will be punished. Its so inconsistent. 

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because literally nobody else in our squad ever creates anything so his 2 decent crosses out of 56 touches makes him relatively integral to us in attack.

Ill be happy to see him away in the Summer. Hes one who we desperately needed to rely on in these early games and hes flopped entirely. 

He gives nothing in attack apart from passing to the opposition, or get caught with the ball and takled. He doesn't run back and doesn't close down. You were a man down with him on the park.  Anyone and i mean anyone would have been better on the right for you.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He gives nothing in attack apart from passing to the opposition, or get caught with the ball and takled. He doesn't run back and doesn't close down. You were a man down with him on the park.  Anyone and i mean anyone would have been better on the right for you.