Week 2

lichtie23

10 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

You got be fucking kidding me...

Stayed up for it last night, fair roller-coaster of emotions. Annoyed in the first quarter, delighted by the end of the third, wanted to kick the rabbit with that fucking hail mary. 

45 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Stayed up for it last night, fair roller-coaster of emotions. Annoyed in the first quarter, delighted by the end of the third, wanted to kick the rabbit with that fucking hail mary. 

That Hail Mary seen me spend the night on the couch.  A Hail Mary, that was at least 2 yards short...  how?  HOW? 😂

7 hours ago, HoBNob said:

I wanted to kick the rabbit with that fcuking two point conversion, and I don’t even have a rabbit.

As I said previously… Ha, just fcuk off Denver.

19 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I'd have been more concerned if he had underthrown the misses rather than overthrow them like he did. Doesn't seem to be any issue with his arm strength, just a bit of feel and touch on some of his throws.

At what point do we go all in on Brock Purdy?   After the Alex Smith hapless-great-hapless arc, then the Kaepernick great-hapless dive and the Trey Lance fiasco, I’m absolutely terrified of 49ers QBs.   But he looks pretty darn above competent to me.  

And on that note, for those much more learned than I, who is the most successful Mr Irrelevant of all time?

On 17/09/2023 at 22:41, johnnydun said:

Tbf it could've gone either way with Tannehill's terrible protection.

The Chargers just didn't turn up at all in OT.

After the Chargers took a 21-17 lead, the offense got the ball 4 more times. A TD on any of those drives would have won the game, but all they could muster was a solitary FG that sent the game to OT.

Second week in a row the O is being blamed for 'failing' when the reality is the D is so fucking hopeless the O has to be absolutely perfect and score on more or less every drive otherwise the game is a L.

Giving up 27 points to an offense that averages 15.8ppg over the past year, and Tannehill recording a 123 PR when the Saints completely shut him down the week before. This was entirely on Staley's D, again.

Chargers are the first team in history to score 50+ points in the first two games of the season, not turn the ball over, and still go 0-2. Every single week they set some sort of riduculous "first".

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

And on that note, for those much more learned than I, who is the most successful Mr Irrelevant of all time?

Has to be Ryan Succop.

Diminished a bit by being a placekicker when a lot of the best ones go undrafted anyway, but a contiguous 14 year NFL career is a success no matter what way you look at it.

22 hours ago, Swarley said:

Interesting tactic the Patriots are using to block field goal attempts. No doubt the NFL will ban it by next week. 

I'm not sure they can, because freedom to move behind the L.O.S pre-snap is a defensive privilege. There's a similar issue emerging on offense I've noticed so far this year. Players in motion are getting away with moving toward the L.O.S fractionally prior to the snap, and refs aren't picking up on it. That's procedural though, and can be cleaned up by just making it a point of emphasis with officials. Actually changing the rules mid-season is more problematic and I can only see that happening if they find a way to manufacture a 'player safety' issue.