Behaviour of our Fans

andyg83

1 hour ago, andyg83 said:

Aye fine. It's her opinion and it was a few days after the event

Singing about it a year on makes us look like immature cnuts.

The way I see it the monarchy probably died with the Queen. No need to obsess about it at football matches. 

Talking about the chant five days later is even more immature.

She was Queen for 70-odd years and, despite the whole 'connection with Scotland' pish, she would have walked all over us without a second thought. So, chanting about her death a year on* is fair game.

*It's worth noting that the anniversary of her death probably also provoked it. If the game were next month I doubt we would have heard 'Lizzie's in a Box'.

Whilst we're talking about the monarchy in football, does this:

No need to obsess about it at football matches. 

apply to the Rangers/Scotland-hating mob at St Johnstone today singing Rule Britannia and GSTK?

Edited by ClydeTon
Typo

2 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

Talking about the chant five days later is even more immature.

She was Queen for 70-odd years and, despite the whole 'connection with Scotland' pish, she would have walked all over us without a second thought. So, chanting about her death a year on* is fair game.

*It's worth noting that the anniversary of her death probably also provoked it. If the game were next month I doubt we would have heard 'Lizzie's in a Box'.

Whilst we're talking about the monarchy in football, does this:

apply to the Rangers/Scotland-hating mob at St Johnstone today singing Rule Britannia and GSTK?

Yeah that's my point. We then become no better than that.  😉

Yeah that's my point. We then become no better than that.  😉

Whatever. I'd sing Lizzie's in a box until I, myself, am in a box (a long time), as long as it winds up the sycophants.

It may lower our standards but it's the only way to compete with them. They don't listen to us when we're reasonable (they can't relate to it).

Not showing a dislike for the monarchy is the same as showing support for the monarchy, in this polarised political era.

12 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

Whatever. I'd sing Lizzie's in a box until I, myself, am in a box (a long time), as long as it winds up the sycophants.

It may lower our standards but it's the only way to compete with them. They don't listen to us when we're reasonable (they can't relate to it).

Not showing a dislike for the monarchy is the same as showing support for the monarchy, in this polarised political era.

What a load of b*locks.

It's a football match not a rally?

46 minutes ago, Squeaks Snowy Bicycle said:

What a horrible individual you are. 

Yes, it's so horrible to make fun of the passing of a monarch who lived off of our tax money whilst schools, healthcare and almost all other infrastructure is underfunded!

How horrible we are!

Just now, ClydeTon said:

So we're only allowed to display anti-monarchist sentiment at rallies, is what you're saying?

No just keep politics out of Scotland games.

There just no need for it as it is meant to be a team for everyone in Scotland but just folk with certain political views. A unifying force for good. 

Plenty folk accuse the OF of behaving like knuckledraggers for the same reason. 

4 minutes ago, andyg83 said:

There just no need for it as it is meant to be a team for everyone in Scotland but just folk with certain political views. A unifying force for good. 

Keep politics out of Scotland games, when England fans were singing Rule Britannia and, of course, GSTK... two monarchist/imperialist British anthems.

A few English fans near me were singing "You're British 'till you die..."

So, it is quite natural to bring politics into it. Is there a chance that you don't like the views expressed by the Scotland support, hence your outrage?

Spoiler

Also, the OF are knuckledraggers because they fuel sectarian division in this country more than virtually anything else, and both fantasize about different nations (Ireland - Celtic and Britain - Rangers), whereas pretty much any other club are Scottish through and through.

There's a million more reasons they both get the abuse they get, and it makes the SNT stuff look extremely mild.

37 minutes ago, andyg83 said:

They put politics into Scotland games when they held a minutes applause for the queen before the Ukraine game. England using GSTK is also politically charged and is always going to get blowback.

The thing about people like you is you only seem to get upset about it when it’s political sentiment you don’t like that gets an airing. 

The TA have been booing GSTK/Q since the 70’s. It’s genuinely mind boggling that people are only now trying to make a big deal out of it. It’s almost as if the bed wetting complainers have a certain political agenda at play…

13 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Please tell me you realise what an inherently ridiculous statement this is?

31 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

They put politics into Scotland games when they held a minutes applause for the queen before the Ukraine game. England using GSTK is also politically charged and is always going to get blowback.

The thing about people like you is you only seem to get upset about it when it’s political sentiment you don’t like that gets an airing. 

The TA have been booing GSTK/Q since the 70’s. It’s genuinely mind boggling that people are only now trying to make a big deal out of it. It’s almost as if the bed wetting complainers have a certain political agenda at play…

1 hour ago, ClydeTon said:

Keep politics out of Scotland games, when England fans were singing Rule Britannia and, of course, GSTK... two monarchist/imperialist British anthems.

A few English fans near me were singing "You're British 'till you die..."

So, it is quite natural to bring politics into it. Is there a chance that you don't like the views expressed by the Scotland support, hence your outrage?

Reveal hidden contents

Also, the OF are knuckledraggers because they fuel sectarian division in this country more than virtually anything else, and both fantasize about different nations (Ireland - Celtic and Britain - Rangers), whereas pretty much any other club are Scottish through and through.

There's a million more reasons they both get the abuse they get, and it makes the SNT stuff look extremely mild.

It's really quite simple. Scotland games should be a time for everyone to bury their club allegiances and get behind the team. It never used to be political even in the aftermath of the 2014 referendum.

Since when did you have to be a nationalist to support the team? The thing I like about the games is that it is different from all the club and sectarian sh1te that we get for the most part throughout the year. 

It's also hilarious that folk seem to think I am a bootlicking Unionist who supports the monarchy. Those that know me that this is definitely NOT how you would describe me in real life. 😀 

Aside from all this. The queen died a year ago. why are we even bothered about it know. 

Edited by andyg83
spelling

3 minutes ago, andyg83 said:

It's really quite simple. Scotland games should be a time for everyone to bury their club allegiances and get behind the team. It never used to be political even in the aftermath of the 2014 referendum.

Since when did you have to be a nationalist to support the team? The thing I like about the games is that it is different from all the club and sectarian sh1te that we get for the most part throughout the year. 

It's also hilarious that folk seem to think I am a bootlicking Unionist who supports the monarchy. Those that know me that this is definitely NOT how you would describe me in real life. 😀 

Aside from all this. The queen died a year ago. why are we even bothered about it know. 

So many folk here seem to think it's OK that we start to become like the old firm airing political grievances at matches. 

What a load of sh1te. Sounds like a great laugh doesn't it. 😞

Edited by andyg83

33 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

The queen's death was a big deal whatever way you look at it. 

I don't wish for the monarchy to continue but her death did resonate around the world.

I can't even remember the minutes applause at the Ukraine game tbh.

We are better rising above all this sh1te.