Russell Brand - In Plain Sight

ICTChris

I was never personally a big fan of his comedy but if the gig was "best man's speech at a rock stars wedding" I reckon Brand was probably going to be a better booking  than Miles Jupp or Jerry Sadowitz

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

32 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I was never personally a big fan of his comedy but if the gig was "best man's speech at a rock stars wedding" I reckon Brand was probably going to be a better booking  than Miles Jupp or Jerry Sadowitz

I’d go Sadowitz from the POV any guests that walk out at the speech stage saves me money at the bar later. 

22 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I’d go Sadowitz from the POV any guests that walk out at the speech stage saves me money at the bar later. 

Also, if anyone walks out on Sadowitz you’re discovering early on who to sever ties with before your married life begins. 

Russell Brand has released a TikTok where he talks about how Jesus' last words were 'forgive them Father for they know not what they do'.  He then talks about 'Lord Buddha' a bit and enlightenment.  You couldn't get a clearer example of mixing clever sounding words into a giant pudding of meaninglessness than it.  

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Russell Brand has released a TikTok where he talks about how Jesus' last words were 'forgive them Father for they know not what they do'.  He then talks about 'Lord Buddha' a bit and enlightenment.  You couldn't get a clearer example of mixing clever sounding words into a giant pudding of meaninglessness than it.  

I always found him relatively harmless entertainment anytime I saw him (Sachsgate aside) but when I heard or read somewhere a few years back that he genuinely thought he was Jesus/the 2nd coming/the messiah, that I thought perhaps all was not well upstairs. 

10 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Absolutely. Boot in the pie is a completely non-sexual, jocular response to a situation where, if it were a male you'd say they were due a boot in the baws. A chiding or reminder that they are in danger of crossing the line between acceptable and unacceptable when having a joke, or an idle threat to stop a situation escalating. I very much doubt such a boot has ever been administered in these types of exchanges, nor any great offence on either side.

It’s all harmless chat if you are saying it around the right people in the right manner, the problem is some people hear these things and don’t have the correct filter about when and where to repeat them.

Imagine someone who isn’t particularly funny like Gary Neville blurting that sort of thing out for example.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

So exactly like his character Aldus Snow from Forgetting Sarah Marshall then?

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Looks like he put it out before the shit hit the fan for him, Sept 9th. Said to be now seeking enlightenment in his pub in Pishill.

SEI_172170335-9439.jpg?quality=90&strip=

9 hours ago, ICTChris said:

If Gary Neville said “I’d like to kick her in the pie” on a live broadcast I think it would be the greatest moment on television history.

This was just an example of a certain person trying to repeat a certain type of banter that they assume is funny because they have heard other people laugh at it and think it’s acceptable.

I also remember once coming out with some rather crude saying some years ago when at work on building sites. The joke was completely inappropriate but it was said between myself and other construction workers and not about a particular person we knew. I later on heard one of the people I said it to repeating it when drunk to a different group of folk  who weren’t in the same mindset as a few guys on a building site and he was saying it about a specific Individual who we all knew which made it seem like an entirely different gag. The guy was and still is a moron but I felt personally responsible for this - A bit like when a child hears you swear then repeats it or when you have bought someone an aftershock and see them spewing up minutes later.

14 minutes ago, throbber said:

This was just an example of a certain person trying to repeat a certain type of banter that they assume is funny because they have heard other people laugh at it and think it’s acceptable.

I also remember once coming out with some rather crude saying some years ago when at work on building sites. The joke was completely inappropriate but it was said between myself and other construction workers and not about a particular person we knew. I later on heard one of the people I said it to repeating it when drunk to a different group of folk  who weren’t in the same mindset as a few guys on a building site and he was saying it about a specific Individual who we all knew which made it seem like an entirely different gag. The guy was and still is a moron but I felt personally responsible for this - A bit like when a child hears you swear then repeats it or when you have bought someone an aftershock and see them spewing up minutes later.

What are you on about now?