Sack Lee Bullen

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Morten.

It's lame, it's old, it's Dundee, it's lost the shine and banter-value of originality - and it's really, really, really beneath a much-respected fan of a much-respected team located only 20 miles away from my South Ayrshire hometown. I'm genuinely disappointed in you.

Edited by Chippyminton

1 hour ago, Chippyminton said:

It's lame, it's old, it's Dundee, it's lost the shine and banter-value of originality - and it's really, really, really beneath a much-respected fan of a much-respected team located only 20 miles away from my South Ayrshire hometown. I'm genuinely disappointed in you.

It's funny because it reminds me of the time you conceded 10 (ten) goals in a football match.

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Not if they all pick up wins against Ayr, which they are all perfectly capable of doing regardless of how shit they are. See also, Greenock Morten.

4 wins from last 6 games, 2 draws and 0 goals conceded in last 360 minutes. If that’s “shit”, I’ll take it any day. 

1 hour ago, Chippyminton said:

At least it doesn’t get to you.

6 minutes ago, gmfc said:

Head is obviously gone.

Don’t think what I’ve said is that controversial mate. 

I really couldn’t care less about Morton given the mess my own club is in. 

7 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

I had forgotten just how funny absolutely everything about this league table was. And then even after that and Ayr getting brutalised by Cowden in the playoffs the laughs kept happening when they went on to beat Dunfermline and Hamilton went and Hibsed Hibs.

image.png.6874ea7f6bd6aa201f76d00c714468a5.png

On 16/09/2023 at 00:19, Richey Edwards said:

Lee Bullen I have already politely suggested that you GTF. Don't test me.

and replace with whom?

8 minutes ago, ecto said:

and replace with whom?

Why is this the go to question for football fans when it’s suggested a manager is sacked? 

As if the club can’t possibly get someone better in.

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Why is this the go to question for football fans when it’s suggested a manager is sacked? 

As if the club can’t possibly get someone better in.

It’s the only question, as you know “the grass is never greener on the other side” or “better the devil you know”

17 minutes ago, ecto said:

“the grass is never greener on the other side”

That’s no the expression. The expression is “the grass isn’t always greener on the other side”

Edit: I feel like I must be getting whooshed but still. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

52 minutes ago, ecto said:

and replace with whom?

Any other job, if you aren't up to it, you get binned.

Somehow football management seems to be regarded as different

13 minutes ago, ecto said:

It’s the only question, as you know “the grass is never greener on the other side” or “better the devil you know”

That can apply but in the cases where we’ve had Hopkin, Duffy and now Bullen it doesn’t apply. A change is clearly needed here. Whether we sack him or not, he’s 99% away in the summer so we’re better making a change now so we can plan more effectively for next season. 

My opinion is that Bullen has done a good job at the club. We were massively on the slide prior to his arrival and he steadied it and gave us a platform last season that we really should’ve kicked on from. Unfortunately he, and the powers that be have made a bit of an arse of things this season and I don’t think there’s a single Ayr fan left that reckons he’s going to be able to take us forward. If he was to walk now I think he’d go with a wee bit of credibility left. Simply for our second place finish last season. If he hangs on any longer then all he’ll be remembered for is the manger who bottled a lead in a Scottish Cup QF against League One opponents and who led us to an embarrassing display in the playoffs at Somerset. 

If you’re asking who I’d like to replace him then I’d looking for someone with more experience in Scottish football with a bit more selling power. Inevitably you have to see who’s interested in the post and go from there.

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

That’s no the expression. The expression is “the grass isn’t always greener on the other side”

Also this.

53 minutes ago, ecto said:

and replace with whom?

Somebody who can explain what they want to do tactically and knows how to teach the players to play that way effectively would be good for a start. Someone with useful contacts. Someone the players will respect and work hard for. Also not too expensive and preferably brings in nice shortbread for the chairman in the mornings.

45 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Edit: I feel like I must be getting whooshed but still. 

Stand corrected 

37 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That can apply but in the cases where we’ve had Hopkin, Duffy and now Bullen it doesn’t apply. A change is clearly needed here. Whether we sack him or not, he’s 99% away in the summer so we’re better making a change now so we can plan more effectively for next season. 

My opinion is that Bullen has done a good job at the club. We were massively on the slide prior to his arrival and he steadied it and gave us a platform last season that we really should’ve kicked on from. Unfortunately he, and the powers that be have made a bit of an arse of things this season and I don’t think there’s a single Ayr fan left that reckons he’s going to be able to take us forward. If he was to walk now I think he’d go with a wee bit of credibility left. Simply for our second place finish last season. If he hangs on any longer then all he’ll be remembered for is the manger who bottled a lead in a Scottish Cup QF against League One opponents and who led us to an embarrassing display in the playoffs at Somerset. 

If you’re asking who I’d like to replace him then I’d looking for someone with more experience in Scottish football with a bit more selling power. Inevitably you have to see who’s interested in the post and go from there.

Also this.

I support a team who made 40 years of terrible choices, very few better than the previous one, i feel you’re pain

12 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Mad Max Reaction GIF

no its a genuine question 

There is no guarantee that the next appointment will be a success and I don’t particularly trust the hierarchy to make the correct appointment but twisting is surely better than sticking with the status quo. At the moment we’re staring relegation in the face which would knock the club back years.