The Two Auld Pals Derby - Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock -23/09/23

Will we appeal it? I would've thought so, fair enough people make mistakes in the heat of the moment, but to go and have another look, and then just 'double down' is just shocking unprofessional behaviour. IMO.

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Will we appeal it? I would've thought so, fair enough people make mistakes in the heat of the moment, but to go and have another look, and then just 'double down' is just shocking unprofessional behaviour. IMO.

We should, but there will be no way it gets overturned. Will be desperate to look out for their own. 

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

We should definitely appeal. 

The worst that happens is we lose a relatively small amount of money. They can’t argue it’s a frivolous appeal and add more games when the VAR and (presumably) AVAR both thought the referee got it wrong.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

It wasn’t a non-event. 

The ball was not deemed to have gone out or play. Regardless of the accuracy of that decision, the referee had to send McInnes off for interfering with play  

I’m not convinced the ball had gone out of play anyway. It was on its way, but McInnes appeared to kick it before it crossed the line. 

Genuinely thought the ball was about a yard out and bounced back onto the pitch and McInnes was just speeding things up to try and get a winner by kicking it back up the pitch. 

Again, it's the incompetence of the ref and linesman for me but I appreciate the point that McInnes shouldn't have come out of his area regardless of the circumstances.

2 hours ago, K.T said:

The biggest, possibly only, criticism I have of Dundee today was the manner in which we lost that second goal. Stood off and allowed the boy all the time in the world to make the pass across the box. Felt like the same shite at the end of the St Johnstone game. Other than that thought Shaughnessy was quality. Won every header 

edit - actually I’ll also add Carson’s kicking was stinking today as well.

Totally agree, I understand being cautious while a man down but the lack of intensity especially compared to Killie, who were doing well to get to balls first even before Mulligan was sent off, was very frustrating. Individually it's hard to fault any player too much today, but a focus on intensity and ball control has to be the focus going into the next training session, particularly with a Hibs side that wilt on the press coming up.

53 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

To be fair to McInnes he did say he thought the red card was harsh and has apologised to the ref.

Screenshot_20230923_185548_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f2cd16027ac6ab2f2705736df4b4ad28.jpg

Fair comments from McInnes. Possibly my favourite non-Dee manager in the league and possibly the one I think is the best bar Rodgers.

4 hours ago, Crawford said:

Always a red and using VAR to take that length of time to tell he just murdered someone is ridiculous.

Dundee doing Dundee things.

I definitely didn’t think it was a red at the time.  Seeing it on Sportscene I’m even more convinced (as are the pundits) that it was not a red.  Are you sticking to your earlier assertions?

6 minutes ago, The Master said:

After watching Sportscene, I’m still not convinced the ball was out before McInnes kicked it. 

It was marginal but it seemed to bounce just on the edge of the line. 

Agree. At the time I thought it was harsh on Del but having watched it on TV the ref got that one spot on. Unlike the Mulligan/Deas incidents which he got the wrong way round. 

19 minutes ago, The Master said:

After watching Sportscene, I’m still not convinced the ball was out before McInnes kicked it. 

It was marginal but it seemed to bounce just on the edge of the line. 

IMG_5084.thumb.png.408aa5bc81bc7812fbe6e7677c77b157.png

Yeah, changed my opinion somewhat. As I said in an earlier post, thought it was at least a yard out at the time but that's obviously much tighter either way.

33 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I definitely didn’t think it was a red at the time.  Seeing it on Sportscene I’m even more convinced (as are the pundits) that it was not a red.  Are you sticking to your earlier assertions?

Didn't watch it on sportscene, but the angles VAR had of it, the ball was gone before he went to ground and kicked his ankle. 

You have to play the ball and the ball was gone. He was also out of control so I don't understand how it could be anything other than a red. 

What's your view of it?

28 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Didn't watch it on sportscene, but the angles VAR had of it, the ball was gone before he went to ground and kicked his ankle. 

You have to play the ball and the ball was gone. He was also out of control so I don't understand how it could be anything other than a red. 

What's your view of it?

Definitely not a red for me.  I was in the main stand and had a decent view at the time and didn’t think it was a red at the time.  In fact the most fans in the main stand were going mad at the decision.  I’m even more convinced it wasn’t a red after seeing it in slow motion on Sportscene.  The panel were amazed it merited a red.

We will see numerous worse tackles than that throughout the season that will not result in red cards.  

To me it seemed like a deliberate foul to stop a counter attack, albeit i don’t think that was required.  The fact Mulligan had just been pushed off the ball may have made his actions appear more malicious than they were.

ETA The Kilmarnock player rolled 3 or 4 times which I was surprised by as I didn’t think he was running that fast with the ball.  I think the 3 or 4 rolls made it appear worse than it was.

Edited by Shadow Play

30 minutes ago, Crawford said:

What's your view of it?

My view is you’re making an arse of yourself.