SMFC v HMFC

Just now, Lyle Lanley said:

Should be a cracking game. 

Indeed.

You're much improved, having employed a guy that seems to be a competent manager.

Your attacking options are quite worrying.

Hopefully, your defence has still to get up to speed.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Indeed.

You're much improved, having employed a guy that seems to be a competent manager.

Your attacking options are quite worrying.

Hopefully, your defence has still to get up to speed.

No arguments from on the defence. 

55 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

On the same basis that VAR couldn't give our third goal against Dundee as they couldn't definitively tell if it was over the line and they could not rule out Miovski's penalty as it couldn't definitively tell if he touched the ball twice when striking it, surely they couldn't rule Grieve as offside as he both appeared onside and it took a full three and a half minutes and some creative drawing of lines to come to the decision.

I'm looking forward to these marginal decisions evening out over the course of the season.

It took three minutes and 25 seconds to make that var decision.  If they couldn't  decide it was offside in a minute the goal should have stood. 

I'm also loving the fact all these wins have genuinely been against all the odds. There hasn't been a single game so far where "honest mistakes" from the anti St Mirren officials haven't gone against us, yet we prevail. 

Another fantastic win this afternoon, considering that once again you could argue that St Mirren were nowhere near at their best - and even then it should have still been 3-0 if it weren't for some dodgy officiating from Nick Walsh. How they can rule out Greive's goal is beyond me.

A huge mistake from Zander Clark for the goal but Scott Tanser's ball into the box caused all sorts of problems and Ryan Strain's bursting run allowed him to get into that position to tap home. The two of them are central to what we do and have essentially won us the points over the past fortnight.

I'm sick of talking about Gogic but again he was brilliant. The midfield also had a noticeable bit more dig about it today with the addition of Baccus in the middle of the park. I like Boyd-Munce but think Baccus was the correct choice for the sort of game Robinson expected today. 

Quick word on Olysanya, like many others I must admit I had written him off before a ball was even kicked this season. He still lacks that cutting edge but he tore Hearts apart  in the first half and could have had a couple of goals if he hadn't borrowed Lawrence Shankland's shooting boots. 

On Hearts, they just seem like a team devoid of any confidence at all. They are happy to knock the ball about with any real purpose, which is fine if you are winning, but apart from Baningime in midfield (who looks a cracking player), there is little to no intent in anything that they do. They have a host of tidy players, who do nothing to actually punish you in the system that Naismith has them set up in.

Shankland showed us the Shankland that we had in his second spell at St Mirren. He looked frustrated, and he has never been able to channel that anger. He can be petulant, and when that happens his head goes and so does his composure, which you could see as the game went on. He's not a man you want in your team when things aren't going well, as evidenced in the fact that we punted him back to Aberdeen back in the day. You have to say, a decent manager would probably get a tune out of that group of players - but Naismith isn't that man.