UEFA Europa League 23/24

GNU_Linux

That Kelleher is nothing but a bog standard jobber who should be nowhere near a big club.  He's ropey as fuck for South Ireland too.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That Kelleher is nothing but a bog standard jobber who should be nowhere near a big club.  He's ropey as f**k for South Ireland too.

Kelleher has done very well to be fair to him and has now played most games in goal for Liverpool this season. He’s not quite Alisson but then who is? 

A bit of a sore one last night. Perhaps it had been coming continually misfiring in the final third and conceding poor goals. Had been thinking it was just a matter of time before things clicked in a positive manner. Atalanta and their fans were excellent. 

Need a reaction on Sunday now against Palace and then worry about the 2nd leg in Bergamo. 

Atalanta fans milling round town yesterday, as you'd expect.  I saw a few had made their way up to Aintree Racecourse (before you ask, I did not get one winner) for a pre-match go on the gee-gees.  God help any of them who decided to head to Ladies' Day, today, or even the Grand National.  I have seen the carnage, which is why I go on Thursday.

For old-school Liverpool followers like me, the League title is the bread and butter.  We may be more Sunblest than City's artisanal loaf, but plenty to play for.

4 hours ago, Crow said:

Kelleher has done very well to be fair to him and has now played most games in goal for Liverpool this season. He’s not quite Alisson but then who is? 

A bit of a sore one last night. Perhaps it had been coming continually misfiring in the final third and conceding poor goals. Had been thinking it was just a matter of time before things clicked in a positive manner. Atalanta and their fans were excellent. 

Need a reaction on Sunday now against Palace and then worry about the 2nd leg in Bergamo. 

He's done alright tbf considering who he's replacing. He is 25 now though and really should have been put on loan somewhere to gain experience as he's not played a great deal of senior games for that age at all.

Kelleher was being called the best second choice 'keeper in the world by the BBC/Sky and that a few weeks ago. 

Just off the top of my head I'd say 3X Champions League winner Keylor Navas is probably better. 

On 12/04/2024 at 10:20, TheScarf said:

That Kelleher is nothing but a bog standard jobber who should be nowhere near a big club.  He's ropey as f**k for South Ireland too.

He really is. They always sem to put everything into their starting goalie then have substandard second as a consequence. Boys like Bogdan etc.

25 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

He really is. They always sem to put everything into their starting goalie then have substandard second as a consequence. Boys like Bogdan etc.

It’s the case for their entire squad tbh. Probably not quite as much this season but they’ve always heavily prioritised the starting XI at the cost of having a bench full of jobbers for most of Klopp’s time there. No excuse for a club like Liverpool to have such substandard backups.

If that’s the way they want to go then fair enough but it makes his whining about the number of games his players are “forced” to play intolerable. He doesn’t rotate because he’s made the choice to have a shite second team.

On 14/04/2024 at 12:56, eez-eh said:

It’s the case for their entire squad tbh. Probably not quite as much this season but they’ve always heavily prioritised the starting XI at the cost of having a bench full of jobbers for most of Klopp’s time there. No excuse for a club like Liverpool to have such substandard backups.

If that’s the way they want to go then fair enough but it makes his whining about the number of games his players are “forced” to play intolerable. He doesn’t rotate because he’s made the choice to have a shite second team.

Trying to operate within FFP / keep players happy etc with players less involved needing to accept that making it tricky. 

I’d argue his squad depth has never been better especially with 3/4 talented kids making the step up. Then again 4 years ago his squad won the Premier League with 7 games to go and 2 years ago managed every game possible across all 4 competitions.