Queens v Arbroath

Greenacres

21 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

There was discussion on the bus home last night if McKenna had hit it on the full volley or half volley. Either way it’s a stunning strike from a guy who in all honestly was pretty average yesterday 

But should he have been on the pitch to hit anything be interesting to see  if anything happens about this.

Half volley could hit it another 100 times and not score story of our season so far. 

18 hours ago, bod said:

My posts are based on what I've witnessed personally and are my own opinion  ( which counts for nothing) .

I've  read your posts and we're  miles apart which is fine by me!

You carry on happy clapping . 

:lol: thanks for that. I genuinely burst out laughing at your post there. I don't think I've ever been called a happy clapper in regards to Queens. 

Show me a post where I'm apparently happy clapping? 

To simplify my original post even more for you as you're clearly struggling - you've been slating Bartley's selections for weeks (including yesterday). It then worked for the first half yesterday* and rather than give him credit for seemingly getting it right, you put it down to luck. If you're playing the "luck" card when he gets it correct then surely it's only fair you play the same card when he's having to make selections with a large chunk of his players injured? 

I don't expect it to happen as you've had a weird agenda with Bartley from the minute he came in. 

* And going by reports, if our players were able to actually take their chances it would have been enough to get the job done. I expect their inability to finish chances is Bartley's fault as well though. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

:lol: thanks for that. I genuinely burst out laughing at your post there. I don't think I've ever been called a happy clapper in regards to Queens. 

Show me a post where I'm apparently happy clapping? 

To simplify my original post even more for you as you're clearly struggling - you've been slating Bartley's selections for weeks (including yesterday). It then worked for the first half yesterday* and rather than give him credit for seemingly getting it right, you put it down to luck. If you're playing the "luck" card when he gets it correct then surely it's only fair you play the same card when he's having to make selections with a large chunk of his players injured? 

I don't expect it to happen as you've had a weird agenda with Bartley from the minute he came in. 

* And going by reports, if our players were able to actually take their chances it would have been enough to get the job done. I expect their inability to finish chances is Bartley's fault as well though. 

I'm sitting here comfortable awaiting your take on the season so far based on your wealth of knowledge and experience of football, I'm assuming you have played!

"I'm slating, in your words Bartley based on the young squad he's put together and their performances so far. Have you been at many games and witnessed them?

6 hours ago, Greenacres said:

I seen McKenna leave the pitch  now if Marv says the sub was already on can you change it.

The assistant ref had the bit of paper plus the board was up it was all done hopefully we have it all on video.

Really need Skyline to confirm the rules on this.

From where I was sitting, Stowe was ready to come on. The assistant was called, he came to the halfway and was handed the slip of paper from one of the Arbroath coaches/staff. A discussion was on going, Stowe then stepped onto the pitch and was pulled back by the Arbroath coach. Stowe then was told to step right back to the dugout, which he did. After McKenna scored and came off, he Campbell and the other coaches had a good old laugh about the proceedings.

10 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Can always tell that someone is full of shit when they start with this pish. Get over yourself. 

Aye that's the one. Best players are always in the stands!

27 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I didn't see this game obviously, but I'm a little confused, what are Queens fans alleging happened here?  

Bartley mentioned in his post match interview that he thought the sub had been made - Stowe on for McKenna. 

He reckons McKenna went off the pitch, Stowe went on it, before Stowe came back off and McKenna back on.

This was during the stoppage in play just before the free kick, that ultimately led to the winning goal 

11 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Bartley mentioned in his post match interview that he thought the sub had been made - Stowe on for McKenna. 

He reckons McKenna went off the pitch, Stowe went on it, before Stowe came back off and McKenna back on.

This was during the stoppage in play just before the free kick, that ultimately led to the winning goal 

Surely the ref and assistant would have taken action if any rules were broken?

8 hours ago, Greenacres said:

I seen McKenna leave the pitch  now if Marv says the sub was already on can you change it.

The assistant ref had the bit of paper plus the board was up it was all done hopefully we have it all on video.

Board was definitely held up, McKenna definitely left the pitch, but I don't think the sub had came on. 

There was another stoppage after the freekick and before the goal. The ball went out for a throw-in which was taken quickly, might even have been McKenna that took it.

2 hours ago, bod said:

I'm sitting here comfortable awaiting your take on the season so far based on your wealth of knowledge and experience of football, I'm assuming you have played!

"I'm slating, in your words Bartley based on the young squad he's put together and their performances so far. Have you been at many games and witnessed them?

See the next time someone tries to have a discussion with you, maybe read what they're actually saying rather than completely ignoring what's been said and then make up your own stuff. It makes for a better messageboard. 

38 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Surely the ref and assistant would have taken action if any rules were broken?

Yeah, we all know how competent referees are.

26 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

Board was definitely held up, McKenna definitely left the pitch, but I don't think the sub had came on. 

There was another stoppage after the freekick and before the goal. The ball went out for a throw-in which was taken quickly, might even have been McKenna that took it.

Sorry, I thought it was straight before. Pretty sure the sub did come on, but I think it would have to have been while McKenna was off the pitch to make the sub count.

ETA - for those wondering where the confusion comes from, McKenna went off the pitch on the opposite side from where the substitute came on

Edited by Homer Thompson

Some people getting a bit heat up over a game in a competition that no-one apparently gives a toss about. 

Fwiw,  I didn't see McKenna going off on the East Stand side, might be wrong tho, the only Arbroath sub I saw gong off on that side was the (diving) wee winger, who didn't even acknowledge his own fans as he walked round the park, that I noticed. As for the match officials spotting anything wrong happening, they probably were just as confused as the rest of us, the Ref looked confused most of the game tbf. 

Also don't think the throw-in just prior to the goal was quickly taken either, iirc one player went to take it but left it for another to take a long throw. (and his foot was over the line when he delivered the throw too, Lino wasnt looking) 

We're oot o' the diddy cup, had chances to score more goals but didn't, both teams played ok but it wasn't a classic, Doherty's and McKenna goals were very well taken, we move on to more important things now. 

And I bet the vast majority of posters on here have never played or officiated in football at a decent level (or any level) which seems to be @bod's criteria of who should be allowed to express an opinion, which comes across as a bit arrogant. P&B would be a desolate place if only experienced footballers were allowed to participate.

I'm off to the Annan V Queens thread now which is more important. 

McKenna has said today in the press that he left the pitch I seen him do it now if as Marv says the other sub was on the pitch then that is the sub done it  cant be changed . 

Be interesting what was in the refs match report which Queens would get on Monday .

Queens will no doubt just forget about it as we have more important things to think about starting at Annan on Saturday .

22 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

McKenna has said today in the press that he left the pitch I seen him do it now if as Marv says the other sub was on the pitch then that is the sub done it  cant be changed . 

Be interesting what was in the refs match report which Queens would get on Monday .

Queens will no doubt just forget about it as we have more important things to think about starting at Annan on Saturday .

Why would the Ref mention a substitution in his report if he and his assistant didn't see any problem with it at the time. Do you know if the Queens manager or coaching staff raised concerns about the substitution at the time. 

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Why would the ref allow him to be on the pitch if he had been subbed off?  That doesn't make sense.  Got a link to this story?

11 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Its whats commonly referred to as a "mistake"

I don't understand how that would happen.  The play stops, attention goes to the half way line, the assistant notifies the ref of a sub, the ref notes the sub, the assistant checks the boots, McKenna is subbed off and leaves the pitch.  And then what?  The memory eraser from men in black?  The whole thing is just wiped, McKenna comes back on, and then play continues like it never happened?

On 15/10/2023 at 18:08, Homer Thompson said:

ETA - for those wondering where the confusion comes from, McKenna went off the pitch on the opposite side from where the substitute came on

22 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I don't understand how that would happen.  The play stops, attention goes to the half way line, the assistant notifies the ref of a sub, the ref notes the sub, the assistant checks the boots, McKenna is subbed off and leaves the pitch.  And then what?  The memory eraser from men in black?  The whole thing is just wiped, McKenna comes back on, and then play continues like it never happened?

On 16/10/2023 at 20:56, ExiledLichtie said:

Yes that is exactly what happened in all my years watching football I have never seen that before .

Sub made McKenna off sub on  everything done but cancel it for now then a few mins later do it .

Bartley had never seen anything like it either was hoping the video would show it all happening .

You are technically  breaking  the rules   but with it only being a Challenge Cup Tie I can't see Queens doing anything about it.

Edited by Greenacres