Hibernian v St.Mirren - League Cup QF

Lyle Lanley

Totally forgot about this til yesterday, ticket bought and looking forward to this one.

St Mirren are flying and will be red hot favourites.

We look like we actually have a strategy under Montgomery, unlike Johnson - hoping we have a bit more about us than the last match between these teams.

22 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Totally forgot about this til yesterday, ticket bought and looking forward to this one.

St Mirren are flying and will be red hot favourites.

We look like we actually have a strategy under Montgomery, unlike Johnson - hoping we have a bit more about us than the last match between these teams.

Don't think so.

You've got a much more clinical forward line than ours and have the new manager bounce. Plus you're at home.

However, we've got a decent chance if you allow us to play to our strengths.

Should be a good game.

May the best team win, unless it's you lot, then I'll take a 1-0 victory against the run of play.:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Don't think so.

You've got a much more clinical forward line than ours and have the new manager bounce. Plus you're at home.

However, we've got a decent chance if you allow us to play to our strengths.

Should be a good game.

May the best team win, unless it's you lot, then I'll take a 1-0 victory against the run of play.:rolleyes:

Maybe red hot is too much, but cant see how St M wont be favourites - unbeaten in the league and seem to have a nice dynamic system that suits the players.

Yes we have a new manager and I am much happier now, but our defence is still dugmeat...............

6-6 aet, pens ?

11 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Maybe red hot is too much, but cant see how St M wont be favourites - unbeaten in the league and seem to have a nice dynamic system that suits the players.

Yes we have a new manager and I am much happier now, but our defence is still dugmeat...............

6-6 aet, pens ?

William Hill strongly disagree with you. 🤣

IMG_9001.thumb.jpeg.fd84aad17b9ac6622b191c59781c201c.jpeg

Our unbeaten run needs to come to an end at some point and whilst I wouldn't quite say (yet) that Hibs have turned a corner after the new managerial appointment I'd expect them to be confident going into the game.

My heart says 2-1 Saints. My head says 1-1. But there's also something nagging at me saying 1-0 Hibs (St Mirren to have 4 goals chalked off)

21 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I would take any result that ultimately allows us to progress through to the next round. 

I can see this going to penalties, but equally our great run has to come to an end soon, surely?

You seem to want to cover all bases?

Perhaps next time include a possible abandonment due to flooding in Edinburgh.

Possibly as a result of continued Jambo tears. 😂 

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

You seem to want to cover all bases?

Perhaps next time include a possible abandonment due to flooding in Edinburgh.

Possibly as a result of continued Jambo tears. 😂 

I said I would take any result that sees us progress, not that I'm predicting it. If I'm totally honest with you, I always fear I will jinx us if I predict we'll win. 

Seriously, how long can this run last? We've already had our best start in 75 years. It'll be a tough one tomorrow, I reckon. Hibs will not be complacent. No team will be underestimating us at the moment. 

I see a comment from the new Hibs manager basically playing the mind games hand, by suggesting on current league form we are a bigger club than Hibs.

I think he’s picked the wrong manager to go down that route with Robinson. Whatever limitations we may or may not have, our recent success is built on a massive bond of team players with no egos and a huge hard work ethic.

Add in some very very good recruitment and a system that’s suits the players then we are a match for anyone in this league.

it’s a one off quarter final and anything can happen. COYS