Pollok crowd limit

Remember games in the 80's when the crowd was double this new capacity and probably triple at some games. 

Don't recall GCC or anyone showing any concern for our wellbeing back then. 

Just another example of the Nanny State Mentality prevalent in this modern society.

8 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

There ye go, Franco...all you needed to say, big fella.

The rest was just a binfire.

Ffs he's at it again, his keyboard wizards skills lolol
The post was finished but you just shit stirred again, usually to derail it sometimes as It no problem for me to reply to you, the reason, it brings it out in the open about how your a shit stirrer but your not too bright to realize that, you just think I'm biting

Who the feck is this franco?  Ffs you called me previously, and a few others that  I was Mick Kennedy until he started his own profile lolol, two other people who I cant remember but one was a manager and one guy I haven't a clue of and I was told I'm Tony McInally and even in the Lowland forum a couple said i was Kyle Lafferty, ffs wish someone would pick a good looking guy.  Things like this does proves that it bothers you when you make replies like that to me or about me but cant you wonder why i dont post shit to or about you, you aint on my mind, i just reply to you when you comment about me and then its finished. Some people and its on their mind and who the shit stirrers are, twisters and who part of the cliques but then some of you openly admit to like shit stirring. No wonder its usually regulars posts and others think they don't want the hassle.

Your post above that your reply to me said, {All you needed to say, big fella?}   that comment shows' either your not too bright or your just a shit stirrer no other reason for your post, as that that was not what the conversations are about. You and a few others must do both hands in their air and shout Yesssssssss when you think your getting one over people as its proven I'm not the only one you and others like to shit stir or nasty if they dont follow your narrative.  

🤣🤣🤣🤣

33 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Remember games in the 80's when the crowd was double this new capacity and probably triple at some games. 

Don't recall GCC or anyone showing any concern for our wellbeing back then. 

Just another example of the Nanny State Mentality prevalent in this modern society.

Back in em days, i worked in the building section of GCC and it was one of the best but now when you look back, ffs it was horrendous so what where most of the building companies like.
What dealings did Glasgow City Council have with junior clubs, was there much as i don't ever remember any junior team having a capacity to their ground, well in the 80s?

22 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Back in em days, i worked in the building section of GCC and it was one of the best but now when you look back, ffs it was horrendous so what where most of the building companies like.
What dealings did Glasgow City Council have with junior clubs, was there much as i don't ever remember any junior team having a capacity to their ground, well in the 80s?

I hope your building reports for the council were shorter than your pie and bovril posts 😆

Oooft.

The state of that.

I'd better hand back my batchelor of science degree because a guy that is qualified to coach kiddies fitba says that I'm not too bright.

I'm not about to continue to engage with you (given your barely coherent ramblings) but I'd be interested if you could show me exactly where you believe I've suggested that you were Michael Kennedy.

4 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Oooft.

The state of that.

I'd better hand back my batchelor of science degree because a guy that is qualified to coach kiddies fitba says that I'm not too bright.

I'm not about to continue to engage with you (given your barely coherent ramblings) but I'd be interested if you could show me exactly where you believe I've suggested that you were Michael Kennedy.

Like an actual batchelor of science? Thats cool. 

8 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Oooft.

The state of that.

You've said it long, long ago and many others.  It just shows you , your just another shit stirrer and with certain people, you don't give a shit trying to slag or be nasty even if it derails a post, which you have done many times.

The part in bold  lololol,  that is what your like, you shit stir and then think your then playing it chilled and then hoping, thinking other will take the bait and back you up with a post backing you lolol    Unfortunately I've just got the baws to reply and make you look like what you really are and you try and be diplomatic saying you wrong take this further.  lolol  I'm sure your not that type of keyboard warrior and I'm wrong and there will be no sarcastic, nasty comments to others posts, I wonder  lololol

On 01/10/2023 at 09:31, Black Pennel said:

Aye. Sometimes I can even spell it correctly.

Normally, I am just a pawn in the game of life.

It was an unnecessary comment and I should've just retracted it. I don't even know why I get irked at the chap. I'll just ignore him in future.

In fairness you gave me a good laugh on a very boring day. Lets just all not get as wound up. 

I can't get away with the fact that all this was caused by a gate being locked from the inside. Surely it would be a helluva lot worse if it had been locked from the outside!

Spoiler

lololol

Edited by jimbaxters

13 minutes ago, Stan Butler Says said:

This thread has had a somewhat esoteric start.   Is it alright if it’s used for general Pollok chat…  can’t see any Pollok stuff elsewhere….   so can I ask::  why is the South Challenge Cup match v Camelon next weekend switched to the Friday night?

I believe the switch was requested by Camelon as their sporting dinner is on the Saturday.

2 hours ago, Stan Butler Says said:

This thread has had a somewhat esoteric start.   Is it alright if it’s used for general Pollok chat…  can’t see any Pollok stuff elsewhere….   so can I ask::  why is the South Challenge Cup match v Camelon next weekend switched to the Friday night?

There is always the Pollok forum   https://zicovic.proboards.com/

14 hours ago, lokforever said:

There is always the Pollok forum   https://zicovic.proboards.com/

Thanks for the replies. I have joined the Pollok forum and it looks excellent. I agree that Friday night flood-lit matches have their own attraction - particularly if you live locally - will be interesting to see what the crowd is. 

On 28/09/2023 at 17:38, PossilYM said:

I love the old Juniors.

Probably spent about 2 hours at a meeting discussing folk wanting in and out at halftime. 

Nobody of course would have asked the obvious, where the f*#k, are they going out to at halftime?

I used 2 nip out for a pint in the old social club at the that was before it became a restaurant. 

Mon the papers

On 10/10/2023 at 00:03, passbackdave said:

I used 2 nip out for a pint in the old social club at the that was before it became a restaurant. 

Mon the papers

Yes -now it’s Loks Bar and Restaurant and plenty of fans use it at half time when they can nowadays too 

On 10/10/2023 at 00:03, passbackdave said:

Mon the papers

When I was wee my papa used to take me to junior games all the time, normally Meadow. Thinking back he probably had a couple of hawfs and drove me home.

Anyway once he got a bit older and I was an adult I would do the driving and take him to games. Normally you only got to half time before he wanted back to the pub.

We went to watch Glenafton play Dalry at Pollok in the Junior Scottish I’m sure (long story) and at half time Glenafton were 1-0 up. He said let’s go into the social club for a quick one which turned into a few for him and we never left the club again until about 65/70 minutes. Stood and watched the rest of the game and the referee blew the whistle and we went to leave thinking it finished 1-0. Turned out it was 1-1 and the game went to extra time (or maybe straight to pens actually I’m not sure).