Well v Celts

2 hours ago, stu92 said:

Home fans ended up on the park at the equaliser in response to away fans on the pitch at the first goal. Not defending the bois by any means but they weren't instigators as far as daft pitch invasions went.

I applaud both sets of fans for nothing being started.

Could have easily been so much worse. 

11 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

Celtic fans don't take their allocated seat at away games M8.

I appreciate that, believe it or not we don’t either and I go to most away matches. 

Reading between the lines I think you are suggesting that some fans with top tier briefs have gone into the bottom tier but would that not mean a couple hundred empty seats up top? 

There weren’t any vacant seats that I could see so  I have to go with the reported rumour that ticketless fans got in, and in fairly sizeable numbers. 

Now the problem with that is , as others have pointed out , Motherwell would be on the hook if there was a fire and the exits were blocked regardless of why they were blocked. 

This isn’t something our club can ignore . I would also agree with the other poster above in that the Police need to do their jobs - I’m sure they would wade in if there was unrest at a Stop The Oil protest or whatever .

17 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Reading between the lines I think you are suggesting that some fans with top tier briefs have gone into the bottom tier but would that not mean a couple hundred empty seats up top? 

I wouldn't be able to put a number on it,personally i like to see the whole pitch so i like a higher view instead of legs but it's not always possible.
The groups like to be together so some times i'm happy to move.

Edited by willywastecoat

Looking from where I was sitting in the east there was quite obviously far too many people in the lower south.  Quite a few people around me commented on it, and were questioning why nothing was being done about it.  There’s absolutely no way it looked that full solely due to people standing where they wanted and spreading out a bit, or people from the upper section going into the lower. 

8 minutes ago, Ceiling Granny said:

Looking from where I was sitting in the east there was quite obviously far too many people in the lower south.  Quite a few people around me commented on it, and were questioning why nothing was being done about it.  There’s absolutely no way it looked that full solely due to people standing where they wanted and spreading out a bit, or people from the upper section going into the lower. 

The green brigade are given free rein to do as they please , their club encourage it .

4 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I'm hearing on Saturday that the Celtic fans forced their way through a turnstile and then kicked open an emergency exit to allow a very large number of ticketless fans in. In doing so, a police officer was injured and an steward was caught in the stampede and kicked in the jaw. So the stand was over occupied by quite a bit.

That sounds fairly serious. Mind when you couldnae get near the ground unless you could prove you had a ticket?

1 hour ago, willywastecoat said:

Didn't see any of that,but road works and fans turning up late and missing the start of the game is always a major problem.

Those pesky roadworks are always kicking doors in and injuring police officers in fairness.

8 hours ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

I don't think people moaning about wild celebrations in the last minute have ever been to a game. What is the point in going to the football if you can't celebrate moments like that? I was near the back of the top tier and I couldn't even see the ball hit the net but it was still brilliant. Near enough that full section of young boys were out on the park when they equalised and fair dous to them, as frustrating as it was at the time, they got a bit back when we got the winner and nobody got hurt. 

Tough watch at times, Motherwell set up well and had chances. We are well organised but other than the game v Livi we don't seem to be as quick as last season and teams are finding it a bit easier to frustrate us.  Very impressed with the way we reacted to conceding the late goal. 

8 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Apparently no Celtic fan on here goes to games. 

Fair play to Georgios if he was there and goes. I'll edit my statement to : "none of the mouthy w**k Celtic fans who are in the match day threads constantly go, ever"

5 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I'm hearing on Saturday that the Celtic fans forced their way through a turnstile and then kicked open an emergency exit to allow a very large number of ticketless fans in. In doing so, a police officer was injured and an steward was caught in the stampede and kicked in the jaw. So the stand was over occupied by quite a bit.

That sounds fairly serious. Mind when you couldnae get near the ground unless you could prove you had a ticket?

Yeah I was informed of this on Saturday from one of the guys who does seem to have a fair bit of involvement with the security.

Whether they take an "allocated seat" or not* the amount of fans should be equal to the amount of seats. On Saturday you couldn't even see the stairwells. Given the Gimp Brigade's fondness for flares you'd think they'd allow their fellow unwashed the chance to escape if it goes wrong one day.

* I mean sit on the seat, not literally take it and wave it over your head as at least one of them was doing.

I’m not familiar with Celts are Here website but it has footage of Police struggling  to hold the fire exit doors closed from the inside as fans outside try to kick it in.

Incredibly, the Green Brigade narrative with the footage is that the Police are blocking a fire escape and are in effect putting fans safety at risk! 

WTF 

42 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

I’m not familiar with Celts are Here website but it has footage of Police struggling  to hold the fire exit doors closed from the inside as fans outside try to kick it in.

Incredibly, the Green Brigade narrative with the footage is that the Police are blocking a fire escape and are in effect putting fans safety at risk! 

WTF 

Saw some daft lassie arguing this point to death on Twitter, absolutely nuts. 

The North Curve, who regularly have banners protesting against how fans are treated by the police etc, uploading footage and calling it 'pig watch', while the polis try to stop utter vermin trying to kick a door in to gain free entry and the danger that over filling the stand could entail is some take as well. If you genuinely want things to improve like your protests suggest, don't act like c***s and do things like kick doors in, or run around like wee fannies with your daft wee balaclavas on looking for bother. It's a sad state of affairs in this day and age when your club needs to budget for the damage fans cause at away stadiums on a regular basis.(The general behaviour point stands for fans of all teams btw. Every team has dickheads in their support).

That video was filmed from outside the south stand,
They'd already opened the doors and let their wee mutant ticketless tink pals in.
That's why the polis where holding doors shut with them in there.

There comments like "haven't they learned from hilsborough!?!" aimed at the polis. While blocking fire exits is fucking stupid thing to do,(also f**k the polis too) they are playing the victim again.

14 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

That video was filmed from outside the south stand,
They'd already opened the doors and let their wee mutant ticketless tink pals in.
That's why the polis where holding doors shut with them in there.

There comments like "haven't they learned from hilsborough!?!" aimed at the polis. While blocking fire exits is fucking stupid thing to do,(also f**k the polis too) they are playing the victim again.

Ah, right. Just watched it quickly and thought it was from concourse inside. (Logic should obviously have told me emergency exit doors would open out the way!!).Argument still works though, evidently trying to boot it open to let even more ticketless scumbags into an already overcrowded stand.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Fair play to Georgios if he was there and goes. I'll edit my statement to : "none of the mouthy w**k Celtic fans who are in the match day threads constantly go, ever"

Yeah I was informed of this on Saturday from one of the guys who does seem to have a fair bit of involvement with the security.

As one of those said mouthy wanks I’ll make sure to doubly enjoy when the Champions League music hits from my seat on Wednesday night. In fact I may blast it on my way through Motherwell on my way to the game in the hope you may catch a note or 2

Kind regards

Glory Hunting Mouthy w**k from Wishy

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

As one of those said mouthy wanks I’ll make sure to doubly enjoy when the Champions League music hits from my seat on Wednesday night. In fact I may blast it on my way through Motherwell on my way to the game in the hope you may catch a note or 2

Kind regards

Glory Hunting Mouthy w**k from Wishy

It's on the telly mate, You'll be watching it on a 78 second delay on yer dodgy stick.