Well v Celts

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

I assume you missed our games at killie and St Johnstone at home? 

Are you implying your fans have taken to substance abuse to cope with the trauma of drawing at home to St Johnstone?

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Why is it such a bugbear that some people might enjoy a drink or two at football, just because it's a lunchtime kick off and local then it's 'not necessary', last time I checked we live in a society where it's perfectly legal to enjoy a drink whenever an individual chooses, despite the SNP cult doing their best to vilanise people drinking alcohol and football fans in general, I have a drink at most weekend games regardless of the venue or kick off time, I don't usually bother midweek games but, point is its my perogative to choose if and when and where I have a drink, doesn't make me an alcoholic or a violent thug.

The Green Brigade managed this just fine on Saturday without any government intervention.

3 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Aye because Celtic and Rangers fans are the only support to partake in a drink at the football, it's also against the law to drink alcohol on a supporters bus going to games, I do that as well, get it right up you. 

Ooooo, you're such a rebel.

Going to sound quite boring here, but I once worked somewhere where we had a near-disaster during a fire because the building was over-crowded and it, obviously, became very difficult to get everyone out of the building quickly. We managed it in nowhere near the regulation time as per our fire drills etc. At one point I was quite convinced I'd either get crushed or burn to death.

It was quite a horrific experience realising you're basically helpless due to sheer volume of bodies.

If I was at a game and realised people were doubling up or getting in through fire doors etc, I'd honestly just leave. I never want to be in that situation again, and stadiums have obvious capacities for a reason, and they are designed to hold and evacuate a certain number of people.

It's amazing that people will behave like this knowing what we now know about crowd safety, and it's amazing people will try and shift the blame off those fans.

I've blocked all Celtic content from my Twitter feed as it was making my life worse. Has there been any comment on this from any Celtic fan groups, their SLO, or the club themselves? It's the kind of behaviour that will get someone killed one day and everyone will act surprised.

The incident I describe above came after at least a year of staff pointing out that the building was dangerously busy at certain times of the week. Nothing was done till people nearly died. I imagine football will act in exactly the same way, and people will keep trying to shift the blame from their fans in the same way.

Edited by DoingThe42

7 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I’ve said it a few times on this thread and been shot down for it but I can’t believe the police were using force to prevent a fire escape from opening. 

I don't think that's the main risk here.

At any hint of a fire they would simply have stepped aside and the doors open. The extra people in the stadium are the far bigger danger, and the root cause of the secondary danger of the fire exits being held shut.

For all that it sounds alarmist, the fans doing this are putting their fellow fans lives at risk and fan groups, normal supporters, and the club should be recognising this.

Those stairs leaving Fir Park could easily be a problem if there were too many people there. It's more likely someone falls, it's more likely you have pushing etc. It's madness.

Imagine if there was a fire, or any spark of mass panic, or even just the crowd getting a bit arsey trying to leave. You're over-capacity, and that means the building is over the number of people it can safely accommodate. It's really, really selfish.

Edited by DoingThe42

1 hour ago, DoingThe42 said:

I don't think that's the main risk here.

At any hint of a fire they would simply have stepped aside and the doors open. The extra people in the stadium are the far bigger danger, and the root cause of the secondary danger of the fire exits being held shut.

For all that it sounds alarmist, the fans doing this are putting their fellow fans lives at risk and fan groups, normal supporters, and the club should be recognising this.

Those stairs leaving Fir Park could easily be a problem if there were too many people there. It's more likely someone falls, it's more likely you have pushing etc. It's madness.

Imagine if there was a fire, or any spark of mass panic, or even just the crowd getting a bit arsey trying to leave. You're over-capacity, and that means the building is over the number of people it can safely accommodate. It's really, really selfish.

This.

and were there not problems at Tynecastle in recently ( relatively ) times due to Celtic " fans " with forged tickets ?

1 hour ago, DoingThe42 said:

Going to sound quite boring here, but I once worked somewhere where we had a near-disaster during a fire because the building was over-crowded and it, obviously, became very difficult to get everyone out of the building quickly. We managed it in nowhere near the regulation time as per our fire drills etc. At one point I was quite convinced I'd either get crushed or burn to death.

It was quite a horrific experience realising you're basically helpless due to sheer volume of bodies.

If I was at a game and realised people were doubling up or getting in through fire doors etc, I'd honestly just leave. I never want to be in that situation again, and stadiums have obvious capacities for a reason, and they are designed to hold and evacuate a certain number of people.

It's amazing that people will behave like this knowing what we now know about crowd safety, and it's amazing people will try and shift the blame off those fans.

I've blocked all Celtic content from my Twitter feed as it was making my life worse. Has there been any comment on this from any Celtic fan groups, their SLO, or the club themselves? It's the kind of behaviour that will get someone killed one day and everyone will act surprised.

The incident I describe above came after at least a year of staff pointing out that the building was dangerously busy at certain times of the week. Nothing was done till people nearly died. I imagine football will act in exactly the same way, and people will keep trying to shift the blame from their fans in the same way.

I was at Easter Road when the CS( ? ) cannister was thrown amongst supporters 

Not a good situation

8 hours ago, bennett said:

The first paragraph of your post was moaning about people asking celtic fans to comment on what happened at Fir Park and implying that it so unfair.

That landed with me.

Then you see what you want to see which is pretty much par for the course anytime you see an opportunity for a pile on.

If you expect me or anyone on here to apologise for the behaviour of the GB then you can f**k off. They don’t represent me nor will I be accountable for their continued displays of utter fuddery. 

10 hours ago, Molotov said:

There is no way I would stop watching my team because of arsehole behaviour within my clubs fan base. 

I would like to see more fans self policing. 

Some of the actions of these “ultra groups” need nipping in the bud. 

Before the last St Mirren game at home against Hearts a group of around 20 St Mirren ultras decided that they would just ignore the queues at the turnstiles and go straight to the entrance resulting in a very angry exchange between home supporters. 

The stewards did nothing as it seems these days it’s just not worth the hassle on a minimum wage. 

Why do these individuals think they are so entitled? 

There is way you as an individual are going to or should be expected to self police a few hundred strong fan group tanked up and out of their tits, the notion you can is utterly stupid and ends up with you putting yourself at serious harm and I’m certainly not going to do it with my kids present as that’s who I generally go with. 

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Then you see what you want to see which is pretty much par for the course anytime you see an opportunity for a pile on.

If you expect me or anyone on here to apologise for the behaviour of the GB then you can f**k off. They don’t represent me nor will I be accountable for their continued displays of utter fuddery. 

There is way you as an individual are going to or should be expected to self police a few hundred strong fan group tanked up and out of their tits, the notion you can is utterly stupid and ends up with you putting yourself at serious harm and I’m certainly not going to do it with my kids present as that’s who I generally go with. 

I absolutely get that, nor would I. However if enough Celtic fans lobbied, and keep lobbying, your club about these people, it would be a start.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

You're putting words in my mouth there, no one expects you to apologise for what others have done.

Calling it out should have been a pretty straightforward affair.