Aberdeen v st Johnstone

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Ok, excellent for the four games prior to Thursday, and decent on Thursday. F*ck*ng hell. 

Excellent against County at home is pushing it. He was good defensively but not great on the ball.

Didn't see County away but he scored a screamer.

Our best player in the other two games IMO.

7 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Excellent against County at home is pushing it. He was good defensively but not great on the ball.

Didn't see County away but he scored a screamer.

Our best player in the other two games IMO.

Aye, ok. 

17 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I've seen VAR getting the blame from a number of Aberdeen fans for today's result on twitter. 

Do folk just not have a clue? He was offside and there's no amount of VAR paranoia that changes that. 

It’s exactly what VAR was brought in for.

He was a baw hair offside & clearly “interfering with play”.

Impossible for a linesman/ref to call that with their naked eye in real time.

Especially David Munro, the worst ref in the SPFL. 

We desperately need to find a way to create a few more clear cut chances. we can obviously play a bit in the midfield and we have obviously managed to keep clean sheets at two difficult away venues so far this season so there’s a hint there that we can actually defend.

But the link between middle and front just isn’t there yet. It goes without saying that having Kane and Clark back will absolutely help make the ball stick a bit better but we need a partnership to form pretty much immediately after the international break.

7 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I've seen VAR getting the blame from a number of Aberdeen fans for today's result on twitter. 

Do folk just not have a clue? He was offside and there's no amount of VAR paranoia that changes that. 

Probably stems from Robson, whos seemingly decided to blame VAR for telling everyone an offside player was offside. A really odd man who seems to just subtlety blame something and then shit himself and try and retract what he said almost instantly. 

43 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

We desperately need to find a way to create a few more clear cut chances. we can obviously play a bit in the midfield and we have obviously managed to keep clean sheets at two difficult away venues so far this season so there’s a hint there that we can actually defend.

But the link between middle and front just isn’t there yet. It goes without saying that having Kane and Clark back will absolutely help make the ball stick a bit better but we need a partnership to form pretty much immediately after the international break.

We've played 3-5-2 for 3 years and struggled to create chances throughout it, and has much really changed attacking wise?

Im seeing it as a positive that Jephcott is starting to miss chances though, as it least it means hes getting them and his career suggests he'll start converting some soon.

Think we need to see how things develop, likely with Kane up front, and take it from there. Its about a month later than it shouldve been to reach this stage, but at least we've now got an idea of a line up and set up thats got us looking competitive. 

I'm gonna put it out there but I actually enjoyed the match. I thought in the conditions, both teams served up something better than they might have. Saints moved the ball well in the first half and Aberdeen had a real go at us for much of the second.

The Pittodrie away end isn't for the faint-hearted but I like watching a game from there, the history oozes out of the place.

What I don't enjoy though is the hostile reception party dressed in high visibility that are always there to welcome you. It's fucking chucking down with rain, mate, why the f**k am I having to empty my pockets whilst you feel every inch of my body other than those that neither of us want you to be acquainted with? Nothing of that proportion happens anywhere else. I've had less rigorous checks at the airport.

Mind you, shouldn't give them ideas. There will be body scanners next time we visit...

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably stems from Robson, whos seemingly decided to blame VAR for telling everyone an offside player was offside. A really odd man who seems to just subtlety blame something and then shit himself and try and retract what he said almost instantly. 

He’s really thick.

And more importantly, not a good football manager unfortunately. 

36 minutes ago, Radford said:

The Pittodrie away end isn't for the faint-hearted but I like watching a game from there, the history oozes out of the place.

Through the mouldy dilapidated toilets or the cracks in the terracing where the seats are semi bolted down?

It's a shitehole like most of Aberdeen. 

19 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

VAR didn't cost you anything yesterday....

A goal that the referee allowed and the linesman didn't flag offside was ruled out after the vidoe assistant referee team reviewed it and concluded it was offside. I'm surprised you didn't notice. 

35 minutes ago, coprolite said:

A goal that the referee allowed and the linesman didn't flag offside was ruled out after the vidoe assistant referee team reviewed it and concluded it was offside. I'm surprised you didn't notice. 

The implication of the word "cost" is that it's made a mistake. In this match there was zero errors with the system and therefore the result was the correct one based on the application of the games rules.

So yeah, VAR didn't cost Aberdeen anything in the match. 

36 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The player standing in an offside position "cost" Aberdeen the goal.