Aberdeen v st Johnstone

Utter bile in the first half and at least upped the tempo in the second half. However, the quality just wasn’t there. Even Miovski was incredibly wasteful. Other than the chopped off goal, our crossing was brutal throughout. We got what we deserved - soggy socks and a good boo’ing.

Edited by bpdon

We didn’t create anything first half but there were a few positives in terms of our passing from the back and in midfield, and other than the offside goal we were solid.

Second half we just degenerated to dugshite on the ball. From Max going off onwards we couldn’t put two passes together.

Don’t know why we kept Costelloe on, thought he was ineffective all match after looking promising v Livi.

Still, I guess it’s a clean sheet and a point, we’ve gone two matches unbeaten! 

But to climb the table we need to win matches, and to win matches we have to score goals, something we are desperately poor at.

For an hour I thought that looked like the worst Aberdeen performance I’ve seen since pre-McInnes, but they got a bit stronger later on.

To score goals we need decent balls into the box.  Mr Carey flatters to deceive need someone else on the left flank.

McPherson should have stayed in the dug out did not add anything positive to the team.

Liam Gordon played well.

Edited by Templar Saint

Meh, a draw probably fair. I suppose the positive is that it is another point on the board and within a win of 4 teams above us. Beat Motherwell and by 5pm on Saturday, we could be off the bottom. Hell, but Saturday night, we could be above a couple of sides if scores go right way. Keep grinding out clean sheets and we will slowly get out of this.

On the negatives, we still look shakey at the back from set pieces. A sharper Aberdeen probably pick up a couple of goals today. MacPherson proving again he is a liability.

Thought in the main though, saints did well. Wee Max and in particular Gordon, i thought did well, all being considered.

A little break now and a chance to get a couple of those who had injuries at the start of the season a rest now.

Motherwell, St Mirren and Killie in the next 3 games are ones we can realistically take points from. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

We basically wasted a good hour of that match. It was one-way traffic for the last half hour or so, but a lack of composure and accuracy cost us. Poor overall, but we still should have found a way to win.

Barron I thought was clearly the best player on the park. Clarkson did fine when he came on, Polvara and Sokler less so. 

8 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

We basically wasted a good hour of that match. It was one-way traffic for the last half hour or so, but a lack of composure and accuracy cost us. Poor overall, but we still should have found a way to win.

Barron I thought was clearly the best player on the park. Clarkson did fine when he came on, Polvara and Sokler less so. 

7 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Oh, and although I like both of them, Devlin and Hayes were… not good. 

I'm sorry but it's harsh to pick on those four and ignore Shinnie.

Easily the worst player on the pitch in the first half.

6 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I'm sorry but it's harsh to pick on those four and ignore Shinnie.

Easily the worst player on the pitch in the first half.

I thought there were a few worse or at the same level, but he was below his usual. Still, less of an immediate concern to me than a new signing who looks like he can’t control a football pretty much every time I watch him and missed a brilliant chance to win it.

6 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I thought there were a few worse or at the same level, but he was below his usual. Still, less of an immediate concern to me than a new signing who looks like he can’t control a football pretty much every time I watch him and missed a brilliant chance to win it.

There is no chance Polvara was anywhere close to Shinnies level of underperformance today.

Fortunate Miovski missed his chance, but Aberdeen offered nothing beyond spamming crosses and it never felt particularly threatening. Just a complete waste of some really good players.

We're still looking better with every game. Think we now have a clear idea of roughly our best line up and shape now, so all about tweaking it to perfect it.

About a month later than everyone else but hey ho.

Worst set of manager interviews going.

MacLean telling teams to "watch out" as his side who havent won in any our first 8 matches, scoring in just 2, are about to surge up the table.

Robson saying he wont use Europe as an excuse but Europes an excuse, and how he doesnt believe a team could make better chances than those Aberdeen had.

Incredibly disappointing result. St Johnstone the poorest opponent I have seen this season, and I include Stirling Albion in that. 
Very flat performance that slowly cranked up 2nd half to long periods of pressure inspired by the subs. 
Really should have scored a couple but it was 1 of those days where it just wasn’t happening in their box.

Felt there should have been more changes to the team after Thursdays game and that the shape was too rigid and predictable for this game.