State of the group and seeding chat

Donathan

17 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

On the topic of fair play, I can't actually remember the last time we got a red card. Might be forgetting something obvious, but you've just sparked that thought in my head there. 

Never had a red card under Clarke so further back than that.

Edit: I checked and I believe the last red card Scotland had was John Souttar in the defeat to Israel on the 11/10/2018.

Edited by 2426255

9 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Just on the state of the group it appears that the Spain home win and currently the Norway away win (which can still be evened out on Sunday) are the key results for Scotland where qualification has been won and lost. It could end up being a fairly thin margin that wins us our place at the Euro's in the end given how the Norway game in Oslo played out. The Cyprus and Georgia games are like for like, so haven't been pivotal.

image.png.bbea9d5664ce2f46ac82b8c9f4bba915.png

This campaign has felt incredibly comfortable. So it’s weird to think that without the two late goals in Norway we’d be going into our last game needing a win to qualify.

16 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

This campaign has felt incredibly comfortable. So it’s weird to think that without the two late goals in Norway we’d be going into our last game needing a win to qualify.

Also pretty decent that Spain won in Norway.

Looks like a straight shootout between us and Austria for 2nd seed.

Denmark overtook Slovenia to go to pot 2 but I don't think that massively changes the relative quality.

Decider between Italy and Ukraine next week, would want to avoid a draw in that game which might put Italy in pot 4.

14 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Looks like a straight shootout between us and Austria for 2nd seed.

Denmark overtook Slovenia to go to pot 2 but I don't think that massively changes the relative quality.

Decider between Italy and Ukraine next week, would want to avoid a draw in that game which might put Italy in pot 4.

Just to clarify…if we beat Norway by 2 goals or more we are DEF Pot 2, regardless of what happens elsewhere?
And if we fail to beat Norway by 2 goals or more we are def Pot 3, regardless of what happens elsewhere?

is that the long and short of it?

38 minutes ago, nate said:

Just to clarify…if we beat Norway by 2 goals or more we are DEF Pot 2, regardless of what happens elsewhere?
And if we fail to beat Norway by 2 goals or more we are def Pot 3, regardless of what happens elsewhere?

is that the long and short of it?

Yes I believe so. No other team can get more than 18 points.

I think mathematically we could still finish in pot 4 but would require a string of unlikely results.

44 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Yes I believe so. No other team can get more than 18 points.

I think mathematically we could still finish in pot 4 but would require a string of unlikely results.

We could still get pot 1 if Spain lose to Georgia while we beat Norway…

AND Denmark fail to beat NI by at least 3 more goals than we beat Norway by

AND Turkey fail to beat Wales by at least 3 more goals than we beat Norway by.

10 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

We could still get pot 1 if Spain lose to Georgia while we beat Norway…

AND Denmark fail to beat NI by at least 3 more goals than we beat Norway by

AND Turkey fail to beat Wales by at least 3 more goals than we beat Norway by.

I don’t think we need to get overly excited about that possibility 🤣🤣