Accies Vs Edinburgh City

Next up for us it's the team who are currently bottom of the league at home. Edinburgh City do have a new manager though and it is his first game in charge so we do need to be careful. Couple of Ex Accies players for Edinburgh City in Spence, Macdonald and Ben Stirling. Overall even though Edinburgh City have a new manager I still think we will have enough here to win comfortably Accies 4-0 Edinburgh City.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Edinburgh City but this is a game we simply have to win.

They could have Pep Guardiola in charge and i'd be saying the same. They have 2 points all season and we are at home.

Approach it with the right attitude and we will win comfortably. No excuses.

Heard a few folk say they feel Accies tend to be overly cautious and maybe even play with fear when at home.

I am not sure I buy into that, but winning games with a clear goal or two would help build confidence. Hopefully, a game like this is where we can start a trend.

You never know how a team will react under a new manager, so nothing can be taken for granted.

Edited by Beckford

With the new manager coming in, I've no idea what to expect this weekend.  To get a result against one of the leaders of the league considering where we are right now is a big ask.

It'll be interesting to see who starts and how we're set up if anything.

Bit of an unknown now with Edinburgh having a new manager but we should have too much for them based on the two sides squads and we should be aiming to win all our home games. 

2-0 Accies

Any talk of games being called off over the weekend? I have been working in rural east coast areas this week and it has been wild!!!

I know pitches in this league should be fine but travel may be an issue for some. Hopefully traveling home tonight and things look reasonable tbf.

Edited by Beckford

2 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

With the new manager coming in, I've no idea what to expect this weekend.  To get a result against one of the leaders of the league considering where we are right now is a big ask.

It'll be interesting to see who starts and how we're set up if anything.

If he plays himself in defence City might have a slim chance I suppose

2 hours ago, Beckford said:

Any talk of games being called off over the weekend? I have been working in rural east coast areas this week and it has been wild!!!

I know pitches in this league should be fine but travel may be an issue for some. Hopefully traveling home tonight and things look reasonable tbf.

6 SPFL games have just been called off. Thankfully at the moment our game is still on

Edited by Ian Mcleod

4 hours ago, Beckford said:

I'd be surprised if it was off. Hamilton and Edinburgh are both just yellow warnings, it was amber the day of the Falkirk game. 

Very little rain in Hamilton today, it's windy but the wind is forecast to die down here in the next few hours. 

Fair play to Edinburgh City. They totally stifled us in the second half, grabbed their goal, and didn't give us a sniff. 

Disappointing from our perspective but we look really nervy at home if we don't get a 2nd goal. Other than the Annan game every home game has been similar to today so I'm not that shocked by the result. Hopefully that gives them the boot up the arse they need and McGlynn starts starting games!

Sorry but don't think Edinburgh did anything of note to stop us from scoring. Yet another game that confirms our failure to convert chances when on top. Game should have been over as a contest in the first half. Common theme in all of our games so far tbh, something that can not be accepted in a team looking to win a title.

Real lack of hunger, desire and determination to break down a defence. We have gifted Falkirk an advantage and lacklustre performances like that show nothing to suggest there is enough players up for the chase.

Needs to be seen as a wake up call,  and big reaction required next week!

Edited by Beckford

5 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Sorry but don't think Edinburgh did anything of note to stop us from scoring. Yet another game that confirms our failure to convert chances when on top. Game should have been over as a contest in the first half. Common theme in all of our game so far tbh, something that can not be accepted in a team looking to win a title.

Edinburgh completely nullified us second half which is what they did of note to stop us scoring, this is why you can say that the game should have been over in the first half because we done absolutely nothing the full second half.

On my own thoughts hopefully that game finally sees Rankin change the team drop O’Hara give McGlynn a start and we never see Mumbongo again, but that’s the league over anyway Falkirk will not be dropping points at home against absolute dung like Edinburgh.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

How can you nulify a non existent attack? A very basic defensive set up is enough to stop a team expected to push for the league. That's not good enough and is my point

Agree, on need for changes though, what we have been doing isn't good enough.  Others deserve a run in the team

On 17/10/2023 at 08:31, Todd_is_God said:

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Edinburgh City but this is a game we simply have to win.

They could have Pep Guardiola in charge and i'd be saying the same. They have 2 points all season and we are at home.

Approach it with the right attitude and we will win comfortably. No excuses.

So are there any excuses?