Accies Vs Edinburgh City

34 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

So are there any excuses? 

No. If we continue to approach the second half of games we hold narrow leads in with the attitude that we can coast it then we'll continue to drop silly points.

Today's result has been coming for weeks very lucky to hold on against Montrose very lucky to win against Alloa we deserved to lose that game imo and today was no different. Rankins stubbornness to change the system and drop O’Hara is what will keep us in league 1 for another year. Was worried for Montrose even before today from what I've seen they've improved a bit since the last time we played them and even before today I had a bad feeling we would drop points there. A loss or draw next week will see us 4/5 points behind Falkirk if so then Rankins position must start to be questioned again. 

From what it seems like in Rankins interview it does seem like there will be changes next week assuming O'Hara will be dropped and possibly Tait as well who went mental again today after being subbed. The thing is though why have we waited till we dropped points to drop O’Hara? If Morrison had an injury for Falkirk but they were still winning every week do you think they would wait until they dropped points to bring him back in? Those are the sort of managerial decisions from Rankin which will cost us the league. This full shit mentality of "don't fix what is not broken" is ridiculous if you can make something better then do it don't wait for us to drop points to do it.

We're also badly missing a threat from set-pieces. A couple of short free-kicks have paid dividends this season, but I think we've only scored in total one headed goal so far (Tait v Montrose) and the deliveries from Tait and Murray have been pretty awful. When you're as poor from open play as we were in the second half yesterday, you'd hope to pose some sort of a threat from the number of corners we had.

Wasn't at the game (obviously) but maybe you got something of a new manager bounce from City yesterday ... players putting in a big shift to impress their new gaffer etc etc ... ?

Obviously not the whole story but maybe contributed in part.

21 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Wasn't at the game (obviously) but maybe you got something of a new manager bounce from City yesterday ... players putting in a big shift to impress their new gaffer etc etc ... ?

Obviously not the whole story but maybe contributed in part.

A big part was due to Rankins negative system which is wasting a good set of players. Yesterday's result was coming for a while our performances haven't been good enough especially at home we deserved to lose against Alloa and were lucky to hold on against Montrose. Could argue we were lucky to beat you as well at Palmerston. We seem to fall off in a lot of games after going 1-0 up and end up conceding due to our stupidness. If Rankin sticks with the same system then I can only see more results like yesterday happening in the next couple of games and eventually our fans will turn on him. I don't think he's the man who will get us out of this league. His stubbornness and arrogance is a big problem sticking with a striker who only has 1 league goal in 10 is always going to be a problem.

44 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

... I don't think he's the man who will get us out of this league. ...

Really? Sounds harsh. You're not exactly far off where you need to be after the first quarter. I'd swap positions with you in a heartbeat.

42 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Really? Sounds harsh. You're not exactly far off where you need to be after the first quarter. I'd swap positions with you in a heartbeat.

The league table looks good but again we've been quite lucky in a couple of our games. He needs to change up the system to get more out of our players but he seems too stubborn and arrogant to do so. It wasn't that hard for Edinburgh yesterday in the second half they looked quite comfortable and we never looked like scoring after they leveled. Although we should of scored a couple more in the first half. You can't be dropping points at home to Edinburgh City if you want to win this league. Falkirk will get 12/12 points against Edinburgh.

Think some of the reactions are way over the top here. We've dropped 6 points, we're in the quarter finals of the SPFL Trophy. 

You keep saying we've been 'lucky'. No, we've been solid at the back for the most part so narrow leads have been enough. We create a lot of chances, start worrying when that stops, the second half yesterday was the first time this season (other than Falkirk but we had different tactics that day) where we didn't create chances. 

We've been absolutely dross to watch god knows how long, stretching back to our Premiership days. For the most part, we've played some pretty nice football this season and we're very much in contention to win the league. Drop the negativity and let's actually support the team, easy to see why we don't play as well at home because the atmosphere is so negative as soon as one bad thing happens. 

We're in the best place we've been for years, Seref has said Rankin is his man, so let's just support what he's trying to do because I for one have enjoyed watching it most weeks this season. 

Edited by Accies1

13 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

Think some of the reactions are way over the top here. We've dropped 4 points, we're in the quarter finals of the SPFL Trophy. 

You keep saying we've been 'lucky'. No, we've been solid at the back for the most part so narrow leads have been enough. We create a lot of chances, start worrying when that stops, the second half yesterday was the first time this season (other than Falkirk but we had different tactics that day) where we didn't create chances. 

We've been absolutely dross to watch god knows how long, stretching back to our Premiership days. For the most part, we've played some pretty nice football this season and we're very much in contention to win the league. Drop the negativity and let's actually support the team, easy to see why we don't play as well at home because the atmosphere is so negative as soon as one bad thing happens. 

We're in the best place we've been for years, Seref has said Rankin is his man, so let's just support what he's trying to do because I for one have enjoyed watching it most weeks this season. 

Voice of reason. It’ll be very close between the two of us this season. 

35 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

Think some of the reactions are way over the top here. We've dropped 6 points, we're in the quarter finals of the SPFL Trophy. 

Agreed, looks like a massive overreaction to me. Unbeaten domestically this season or something ridiculous isn’t it? 

If you’ve been “lucky” in a couple of games then so have we. Screamers v Montrose and QOS to win very late. Last gasp point v cove.

I don’t think there’s much between the 2 teams at the moment - that could change but I’m surprised at the reaction rankin has gotten here/twitter 

33 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

I agree with you to a certain extent and I do think Seref has done a great job so far the recruitment has been levels above some of the stuff we were signing when we were in the premiership. However at the same time I think yesterday's result was coming for a while now some of our performances have been poor especially the home performances we've been good pretty much all of the away games so far but at home we seem to struggle for some reason apart from the Annan game. I question why Rankin has started O'Hara in every league game this season when it's clear that he's not good enough. Mcglynn would of scored the chance he missed at the start of the game yesterday. I like Dylan Tait but at the same time I don't think he does enough to start games his attitude when he gets subbed off is also a bit worrying. I would like to maybe see Murray get a start or go 2 up top with Mumbongo and Mcglynn. If we were to start Mumbongo we need to actually start him as a striker and not play him on the wing like we done yesterday. Rankin said they will be changes next week however at the same time why has he waited until now to do that when it was clear to me that a result like yesterday was coming 2 points chucked away which might end up costing us. We've got a very hard run coming up as well we have got Montrose away next week from what I've seen and heard they have improved a lot since the last time we played them and I expect them to cause us issues next week think it will be one of our hardest games of the season and if we play like we did yesterday then we are in big trouble.

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

You can't be dropping points at home to Edinburgh City if you want to win this league. Falkirk will get 12/12 points against Edinburgh.

Well go out and beat Falkirk then.

If Accies can't beat the Bairns then perhaps they would deserve to win the League.