Norway v Spain - Sunday 15/10/23

59 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Scotland v Turkey would be some occasion and a team we've rarely faced. They, like us, will have an unbelievable support there. 

Nah f**k that. 5 million Turks live in Germany so it’ll be like a home game for them and would be a nightmare finding tickets due to huge local demand. You’re right in that it would be a great occasion though, just hopefully later on in the tournament 🤞🏻 

35 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Worth getting pot 2 just to avoid England imo

Definitely, purely because all the media for months will be on that game.
This tournament isn’t going to be a one matcher, this team has proven they are bigger and better than that, we genuinely have a decent team and all teams shouldn’t be wanting us in there group! 

1 minute ago, Clangers said:

Definitely, purely because all the media for months will be on that game.
This tournament isn’t going to be a one matcher, this team has proven they are bigger and better than that, we genuinely have a decent team and all teams shouldn’t be wanting us in there group! 

If England win on Tuesday they'll end up in pot 1. Need Italy to take something in that to keep them in pot 2. 

4 hours ago, SReplay said:

Being a teacher and knowing I have hee haw chance of going to Germany is shite. However, knowing we’re going all the way to lift the whole thing softens the blow a touch.

Knockout rounds are after the holidays start you'll be fine 🙂

6 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Man alive, imagine being in Germany and wilfully drinking the T. Hopefully for their sake Brexit makes it awkward to get through.

i know this post will be Red central but your average local beer in Germany will be better than Tennents.

As much a do love some Vitamin T, there’s absolutely no chance I’d be sitting in Cologne drinking that when Kölsch is there. 

9 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Yep, as projected currently we are in pot 2.

2 wins will guarantee that. 4pts will be touch and go. Pretty debatable if pot 2 or 3 will matter! Luck of the draw big time. 

Agree that it barely matters.  As things stand there isn't much at all between pots 2 and 3.  I'd imagine England might overtake Hungary which arguably even makes pot 2 a bit weaker than pot 3. 

Hungary, Albania and Wales in our final group please, should the latter minnows qualify.

10 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Man alive, imagine being in Germany and wilfully drinking the T. Hopefully for their sake Brexit makes it awkward to get through.

i know this post will be Red central but your average local beer in Germany will be better than Tennents.

Haha aye, isn't the official beer of the Tournament Bitburger?

I like Tennent's but there will be better, cheaper beer available all over the shop 🤣

12 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I was worried I'd never see Scotland in a major tournament after France 98. The late equaliser in Serbia did nothing to allay those fears.

To go from that moment to Qualify for back to back Euros (and I remain convinced we'd have been in Qatar as well had those games been played in March) is incredible.

Fabulous chance to qualify for Euro 2028 too. A real golden period for our National Team.

Stinker of a draw aside, Germany 2024 really could be the time we get out of the Group Stage...

Could we win the opening game at a Euros for the first time ever? That would help with getting out the group stages. Last time we won our opening game at a major tournament was 1982 against New Zealand.

Edited by Scary Bear

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Could we win the opening game at a Euros for the first time ever? That would help with getting out the group stages. Last time we won our opening game at a major tournament was 1982 against New Zealand.

Hard to answer that before the draw, obviously, but there are definitely teams in pot 1 that we have a chance of beating if we play well.

It’ll get lost amongst the euphoria of Scotland fans but got to say Norway’s performance in this group was an abject failure. Draw in Georgia, they did beat them at home but only held on because Georgia missed a great chance to equalise at the end, nothing against Spain, 2-1 defeat at home to us. They took care of business against Cyprus but seriously not good enough. 

14 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

As much a do love some Vitamin T, there’s absolutely no chance I’d be sitting in Cologne drinking that when Kölsch is there. 

There will be beers we have never heard  of.   All brewed to the Reinheitsgebot.    How exciting  :cheers🥳

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

It’ll get lost amongst the euphoria of Scotland fans but got to say Norway’s performance in this group was an abject failure. Draw in Georgia, they did beat them at home but only held on because Georgia missed a great chance to equalise at the end, nothing against Spain, 2-1 defeat at home to us. They took care of business against Cyprus but seriously not good enough. 

They haven’t improved at all. Since throwing the game against Serbia in our playoff route, they’ve collapsed in WCQ, UNL, and now the ECQ.

Haaland has been largely disappointing. Though he has 5(?) goals in qualification they’ve largely been incidental. It didn’t help he missed the first two so there’s that I suppose.

I was really concerned drawing Georgia and Cyprus but they’ve been mediocre and appalling in that order. 

Oddly, it’s still possible for Spain, Scotland, Norway, and Georgia to qualify. That would put some further gloss on this achievement should it come to pass.

edit: I’ve checked the stats from their 2020 playoff and perhaps it was more clear cut than I recall.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm