Who’s on the plane?

Donathan

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Cause Clarke doesn't rate the league which is perplexing considering a lot of other nations similarly to us pick players from the MLS 

I don’t know that, just a hunch.

Maybe The SFA won’t pay his flights?🤷‍♂️

Edited by MarkoP

3 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Cause Clarke doesn't rate the league which is perplexing considering a lot of other nations similarly to us pick players from the MLS 

Including Argentina, who pick Almada on his MLS form. His stats are not quite as good as Gauld's either. Close though

Posted (edited)

A while ago, but Lewis Morgan was in Clarke's first squad. As was Johnny Russell.

D7pfxn2XYAAzFmQ.jpeg.thumb.jpg.d4d2ee766978afd98097e3315fa2334d.jpg

Ryan Gauld is anyones guess. Clarke had previously said it's a tough area of the squad to break into. Interpret that how you want. Maybe some or all are on a long list. 

If any of them are too good to be ignored they'll be called up. That's the bottom line for me so comes down to not being better than what we have.

Gauld played with Robbo and Souttar so there's that avenue. Maybe Clarke thinks Gauld is a bad egg. 🙄

Edited by 2426255

7 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

A while ago, but Lewis Morgan was in Clarke's first squad. As was Johnny Russell.

D7pfxn2XYAAzFmQ.jpeg.thumb.jpg.d4d2ee766978afd98097e3315fa2334d.jpg

Ryan Gauld is anyones guess. Clarke had previously said it's a tough area of the squad to break into. Interpret that how you want. Maybe some or all are on a long list. 

If any of them are too good to be ignored they'll be called up. That's the bottom line for me so comes down to not being better than what we have.

or maybe Clarke thinks Gauld is a bad egg. 🙄

"Trust the process guys, Clarke is never wrong on these things" 

17 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

I don’t know that, just a hunch.

Maybe The SFA won’t pay his flights?

Meant to quote the other comment sorry. From Vancouver it's around a 10hr flight direct to UK so it's not even overly long compared to if he were in Australia or something, it's crazy to think that Clarke has called up the likes of Devlin, Taylor, Brophy, Considine, o'Donnell etc but no Gauld 

15 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Hendry playing in Saudi shows you can play in leagues outside of Europe and be called up. Not sure on travel time.

Aye cause he was a regular starter for Scotland before he went there and we got f**k all other CB options. Plus Saudi has the money to pull in the worlds most famous players to give it some gravitas

2 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Aye cause he was a regular starter for Scotland before he went there and we got f**k all other CB options. Plus Saudi has the money to pull in the worlds most famous players to give it some gravitas

Im not going to clog up the board any longer, but have a wee think about what you wrote there and hopefully you'll find the holes in it on your own.

7 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Im not going to clog up the board any longer, but have a wee think about what you wrote there and hopefully you'll find the holes in it on your own.

9 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Not got a clue what you're on about Numberwang 

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

Plus Saudi has the money to pull in the worlds most famous players to give it some gravitas

The MLS is famous for not having any superstars on big money

3 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Meant to quote the other comment sorry. From Vancouver it's around a 10hr flight direct to UK so it's not even overly long compared to if he were in Australia or something, it's crazy to think that Clarke has called up the likes of Devlin, Taylor, Brophy, Considine, o'Donnell etc but no Gauld 

None of whom play in the same position as Gauld…

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

The MLS is famous for not having any superstars on big money

One major star who's coming to the end of his career?

Their league is filled with young South Americans nowadays 

Edited by Butters Scotch

33 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

and...

I mean surely it’s obvious…

You moaned that Gauld hadn’t been called up then lasted a list of players who have, that play in entirely different positions. 

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I mean surely it’s obvious…

You moaned that Gauld hadn’t been called up then lasted a list of players who have, that play in entirely different positions. 

I know what you're trying to imply but I still don't get the point here, why does that matter? You can always replace a defender that you're never going to play with Gauld in a friendly for example...

8 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Morgan was also called up for the rainy win over San Marino at Hampden - I think it might even have been on the day of the game after Snodgrass pulled out.

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Morgan was also called up for the rainy win over San Marino at Hampden - I think it might even have been on the day of the game after Snodgrass pulled out.

Yip. A rare occasion of someone getting called up just because they were down the road. He was called up for the next squad against Cyprus and Kazakhstan too. 

The Hickey news means Max Johnston is probably in for me now

Goalkeepers: Clark, Gordon, Gunn (3)

Defenders: Cooper, Hanley, Hendry, Johnston, McKenna, Porteous, Ralston, Robertson, Souttar, Tierney (10)

Midfielders: Armstrong, Christie, Doak, Forrest, Gilmour, Jack, McGinn, McGregor, McLean, McTominay (10)

Strikers: Dykes, Adams, Shankland (3)

Standby:

Taylor - for Tierney

Cairney - for Gilmour/McTominay

Fraser - for Armstrong