Who’s on the plane?

Donathan

4 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

I haven't dismissed any of the other two nations and there isn't some knowledge gap from me anyway. I think if we play to our top level then we are thoroughly capable of beating them and the same could be said for Switzlerand & Hungary against us.

I mentioned fans will be pissed off if we struggle to compete against them, if we play well and narrowly lose cause of some flukey goal then so be it, that happens and I can accept that. If we are deservedly beaten by both, it should be seen as a failure IMO.

You really do talk some shite to be fair SD, fair play to you for that - I can respect that. What if Scotland, Hungary and Switzerland all play to their maximum? in fact, don't answer that. Off you go.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

You really do talk some shite to be fair SD, fair play to you for that - I can respect that. What if Scotland, Hungary and Switzerland all play to their maximum? in fact, don't answer that. Off you go.

Oooft the seethe in this post, so touchy.

What happens when all teams play to their maximum? Well based on FORM in the qualifying groups, I would say we will beat the Swiss and Hungary would beat us.

Edited by Butters Scotch

5 hours ago, A Diamond For Me said:

It's certainly much easier for fans - never mind coaches and so on - to be reasonably well-informed on teams from other countries now than it was in the 1980s.  TV, the internet, much easier to get to Eastern European countries in person...

Are you suggesting that there is a single Scotland fan that has personally flown to Hungary at some point since the draw was made to watch their players and get clued up them? 

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

Are you suggesting that there is a single Scotland fan that has personally flown to Hungary at some point since the draw was made to watch their players and get clued up them? 

No, that bit I meant more in terms of coaches and other staff.  

After the past month or so Forrest has shown enough to get a call up. He was excellent last night even though Killie did their best to make him look good at times.

He looks sharp, been in the squad and knows the players and offers something different.

Posted (edited)

4 keepers? am i reading that right? I see Germany's first XI against France and The Netherlands were identical and those 11 are in this squad.

Edited by 2426255

3 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

Probably one of the keepers that will drop out. There’s 27 names listed.

Absolutely no need to have 4 Keepers IMO 

Other than that a fairly balanced and strong squad !! 
9 DEF / 9 MID / 5 FWD 

22 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

4 keepers? am i reading that right? I see Germany's first XI against France and The Netherlands were identical and those 11 are in this squad.

Yeah, naming 4 keepers seems daft. I assume a keeper will drop out. Carrying four when you can replace anyone injured would be mental.

12 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

Probably one of the keepers that will drop out. There’s 27 names listed.

Very odd turn of phrase that "one (or more) will be left out before the Euros". Why would you leave out more. Germans that much better than the rest of us they'll stick to the original 23 man squad are they? 😂

https://www.getfootballnewsgermany.com/2024/julian-nagelsmann-explains-his-decision-on-taking-four-goalkeepers-to-euro-2024/

The squad rules for the Euros allow only a 26-man squad, meaning one player will have to be cut from the squad. Naturally, one would think it would be one of the four goalkeepers, but Nagelsmann confirmed that they would go into the tournament with four keepers: “We will go to the European Championship with four goalkeepers. Why? I see it as important in training to control the workload.”

When asked which player could be dropped, Nagelsmann said: “The candidates know about it. I won’t mention names out of respect for the players. It’s easy to explain why we have one more player. There are players who will join us late (due to the CL final). We need to have a good training squad with the right number to be able to train well and it’s also a little preparation in case someone gets injured. We also have two test matches that we want to play with a good squad and I don’t want to go in with just 18 players”

20 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

He could take an extra goalkeeper for training without officially naming him in the squad though. That's frankly bonkers.

I'm not 100% convinced in the absence of definite candidates for extra spots with us, if Armstrong or Hickey is ruled out that Stevie Clarke won't just do the same mind you.

Nagelsmann seems a bit odd. He’s also effectively said that he’s left out some better players from the squad because they wouldn’t be starters and he doesn’t want to upset them.

17 hours ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

With 26? Get James Forrest on the plane. Apologies it’s been mentioned before but get him on there! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I'd be absolutely amazed if he wasn't now. Think his return to regular first team games might have even pushed away the possible call up of Doak.