Euro 2024 Travel arrangements

Connor7

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Is anyone else booked on the 1640 flight from Cologne to Stansted on 20th June? Checked my Ryanair app and it's now showing as departing at 1855 yet I haven't received any kind of notification that the time has changed.

I'm out Stansted to Cologne and that has been changed twice now with no notifications. Strangely the Glasgow to Stansted Easyjet has also been put back so all good bar getting to Germany later than hoped

And my flight on 13th June from Gatwick to Munich has been cancelled.

Got booked on the earlier flight that day which gives a lot more time in Munich but meant changing flight to Gatwick to the night before and booking an overnight in a guest house near Gatwick.

2 hours ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Full b!own inter rail carstairs-munich-carstairs-stuttgart-carstairs 

Some of the prices for flights are horrendous 

Carstairs-Munich-Cologne-Stuttgart-Carstairs? 

1 hour ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

No tickets for Switzerland so coming home,  2 return trips for 2 adults approx £400 all in 

Ah ok. I thought I'd ask because you said interrail, and you can only use an interrail ticket for one journey out and one journey back to your home country.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Ah ok. I thought I'd ask because you said interrail, and you can only use an interrail ticket for one journey out and one journey back to your home country.

Well I'm so glad you have pointed that out because we did not know that, Interfail!! thank you for the heads up. 

Thankfully not bought the tickets yet just planned out last night but the plan was an interrail ticket 

Edited by Don Diego De la Vega

Hi all - posting as a general query if anyone can help.

Ive got time off work to cover the group stages, was hoping some overtime would be on offer at my work over the next few weeks but doesnt look like thats happening.

Does anyone have a back of a fag packet idea how much in £ per day would cover, say, 11 days in Germany? 

Ive got some savings i can dip into but im leaving it last minute, basically waiting to build up as much as I can out of my next four wages then look at wherever is cheapest. Not too fussed where i end up, pal of mine is debating hiring a car and just driving through and all.

Im fairly frugal and too old for getting shitfaced every night im out there, ha -  but aye, enough for a few pints, accomodation, flights and food and im happy. Maybe chip in with my pal for car hire and fuel which would save on flights, although thinking on it he may have meant hiring a car while already out in Germany.

I quite fancied a ferry across to Amsterdam or something personally 😂

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

15 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Hi all - posting as a general query if anyone can help.

Ive got time off work to cover the group stages, was hoping some overtime would be on offer at my work over the next few weeks but doesnt look like thats happening.

Does anyone have a back of a fag packet idea how much in £ per day would cover, say, 11 days in Germany? 

Ive got some savings i can dip into but im leaving it last minute, basically waiting to build up as much as I can out of my next four wages then look at wherever is cheapest. Not too fussed where i end up, pal of mine is debating hiring a car and just driving through and all.

Im fairly frugal and too old for getting shitfaced every night im out there, ha -  but aye, enough for a few pints, accomodation, flights and food and im happy. Maybe chip in with my pal for car hire and fuel which would save on flights, although thinking on it he may have meant hiring a car while already out in Germany.

I quite fancied a ferry across to Amsterdam or something personally 😂

I work on £100 a day some days spend more some days spend less 

If you're including car hire, fuel and accommodation it will be a lot more than £100 per day. I'd go by the costs of most things being much the same as here, you'll save a fair bit by going self catering.

3 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Im fairly frugal and too old for getting shitfaced every night im out there, ha -  but aye, enough for a few pints, accomodation, flights and food and im happy.

Our group of 7 have have hotels booked, 3 nights in Munich and 4 in Leverkusen.  That's working out around €80 pppn. Train from Munich to Leverkusen was €60 for those without match tickets, €30 for those with.

I'm planning on spending around €20-€25 a day on food...fast food breakfast, sausages/burger during the day, pizza/kebab at night. As for beer, it's between €5-€6 for a half litre so probably €50-€60 a day.

So for accommodation, food/drink and internal travel that comes to around €1200 for 7 nights.

Flights from Glasgow to Munich via Gatwick and Cologne to Glasgow via Stansted were around £470.

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

fast food breakfast, sausages/burger during the day, pizza/kebab at night. As for beer, it's between €5-€6 for a half litre so probably €50-€60 a day.

Would not like to be sharing a room, or more specifically a toilet, with you!

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Our group of 7 have have hotels booked, 3 nights in Munich and 4 in Leverkusen.  That's working out around €80 pppn. Train from Munich to Leverkusen was €60 for those without match tickets, €30 for those with.

I'm planning on spending around €20-€25 a day on food...fast food breakfast, sausages/burger during the day, pizza/kebab at night. As for beer, it's between €5-€6 for a half litre so probably €50-€60 a day.

So for accommodation, food/drink and internal travel that comes to around €1200 for 7 nights.

Flights from Glasgow to Munich via Gatwick and Cologne to Glasgow via Stansted were around £470.

You won't (or shouldn't) be paying 5-6e in Leverkusen but probably be that in Munich but for budgeting probably best to go on the max side.

19 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

You won't (or shouldn't) be paying 5-6e in Leverkusen but probably be that in Munich but for budgeting probably best to go on the max side.

Won't be drinking in Leverkusen with Cologne 15 minutes away and Dusseldorf only 20 minutes away.

58 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Won't be drinking in Leverkusen with Cologne 15 minutes away and Dusseldorf only 20 minutes away.

Aye been over to both Cologne and Leverkusen, they virtually are joined. Agreed not much in Leverkusen (we stayed in Cologne and travelled into Leverkusen for a game). I seem to remember the small glasses of Kolsch being 2.50-3.00 and a "proper" sized beer being about 4-4.50 so probably 5e not that wide of the mark right enough. I dare say the fan zones will be dear but hopefully it's Bittburger with it being the official beer partner and not crap like Bud. 

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Aye been over to both Cologne and Leverkusen, they virtually are joined. Agreed not much in Leverkusen (we stayed in Cologne and travelled into Leverkusen for a game). I seem to remember the small glasses of Kolsch being 2.50-3.00 and a "proper" sized beer being about 4-4.50 so probably 5e not that wide of the mark right enough. I dare say the fan zones will be dear but hopefully it's Bittburger with it being the official beer partner and not crap like Bud. 

Bitburger is the official beer for the tournament. 

Has anyone got any hints and tips for getting to Stuttgart between on the Friday before the game and returning on the Monday? As a group we were waiting to see how the tickets would play out before finalising all the plans. Prices have went up a tad!