March and June friendlies

Donathan

On 23/02/2024 at 22:58, git-intae-thum said:

The match will be at Estadio Algarve in Faro. This is a 30000 capacity.

Gibraltars support will be in the hundreds.

Don't think getting a ticket will be too difficult tbh.

It's a bit of a pain in the arse to get from Faro or Albufiera, I looked into watching a local game but it looked more bother than it was worth. I'm very lazy though and they probably lay on shuttles for major events, and a taxi wouldn't cost a fortune.

On 25/02/2024 at 15:44, CheStadium said:

Hi,

Anyone had any success in purchasing tickets for the away end in Amsterdam?

The official site has a pretty restrictive list of payment methods.

https://ticketing.knvb.nl/nl-NL/events/nederland (m) - schotland (m)/2024-3-22_20.45/johan cruijff arena, amsterdam?hallmap

Unless they've broken the habits of about the last three or four decades for this game then "away end" tickets will be sold by the SSC, not direct from the Dutch. And they've not announced any sales details yet, so no.

6 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Not being 100% pick up might work against those on lower points. 

The additional challenge for individuals with lower points arises if we advance beyond the group stages in Germany, as there will only be 6,000 tickets available, compared to the 10,000 originally allocated for the group stages.

On 23/02/2024 at 19:48, seanm99 said:

What are the chances of getting a ticket for Gibraltar if you’ve never been to an away game before? 

Are tickets likely to go on general sale?  Cheers

I was in Portugal when Germany played Gibraltar there. You just bought tickets outside the ground although tech has moved on a bit.

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

The additional challenge for individuals with lower points arises if we advance beyond the group stages in Germany, as there will only be 6,000 tickets available, compared to the 10,000 originally allocated for the group stages.

I reckon there’ll be lower demand if we get through. Not many will be able to justify more than one or two weeks away. 

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I reckon so, don't even think we'll sell it out to be honest.

Mmm. Had a quick look online. Without any attempt to look for anything better, Newcastle to Amsterdam Thursday lunchtime returning saturday morning for adult and child about £400. A half decent hotel room 3 miles from the ground £300. 🤔 might go for it if tickets are a goer.

Just now, lubo_blaha said:

I reckon there’ll be lower demand if we get through. Not many will be able to justify more than one or two weeks away. 

Yeah we heard all that about folk not paying Cat A prices for the group games. They still ultimately sold out about as soon as they could. If Scotland make the last 16 folk will beg, borrow and steal to be there. Its unique. You've the rest of your life to repay it. 

36 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah we heard all that about folk not paying Cat A prices for the group games. They still ultimately sold out about as soon as they could. If Scotland make the last 16 folk will beg, borrow and steal to be there. Its unique. You've the rest of your life to repay it. 

It’s a different set of circumstances though, annual leave, childcare, sorting out tickets, travel and accommodation at short notice and high cost. I reckon it would drop to single figure points.

14 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Not being 100% pick up might work against those on lower points. 

I would have thought they would be e-tickets now with no need for a physical pick up.

I thought that is maybe why they were going on about checking who had been scanned into the stadium. 

1 hour ago, qos_75 said:

I would have thought they would be e-tickets now with no need for a physical pick up.

I thought that is maybe why they were going on about checking who had been scanned into the stadium. 

£2 postage charge so it’ll be physical tickets

Squad announcement is due the week beginning 11-March. That's basically two weekends left for players to make their case for being called up in March. This is how the previous squad members got on during February. Ryan Jack isn't actually injured as far as I'm aware, he is undergoing reconditioning training to help prevent injuries going forward supposedly.

Most are doing okay and getting at least the equivalent of 1 game in 3, minutes wise. Only two really key players have had issues in Tierney and Hickey. A few squad options including Patterson and Jack just game-time wise - so looking not too bad at the moment going into these friendlies.

image.png.653b118d9f3c80ee4b469982a70acb9a.png

Edited by 2426255

34 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Squad announcement is due the week beginning 11-March. That's basically two weekends left for players to make their case for being called up in March. This is how the previous squad members got on during February. Ryan Jack isn't actually injured as far as I'm aware, he is undergoing reconditioning training to help prevent injuries going forward supposedly.

Most are doing okay and getting at least the equivalent of 1 game in 3, minutes wise. Only two really key players have had issues in Tierney and Hickey. A few squad options including Patterson and Jack just game-time wise - so looking not too bad at the moment going into these friendlies.

image.png.653b118d9f3c80ee4b469982a70acb9a.png

I think right now concerns have eased a bit compared to 5 or 6 weeks ago certainly. Robertson's back playing. Hanley's back playing. McKenna got his move and is playing regular top level football in Denmark. Gordon's played some football albeit still very much 2nd choice to Clark. I think Tierney's now also back fit?

Long term injuries to Nisbet and Brown are disappointing but it's likely both (& definitely at least one) were outside the 22 anyway.

The main concern is obviously Hickey who has become very important to us and looks like he might not play again before the finals. If he does it's likely to only be a game or two. Patterson is a capable replacement but isn't match sharp and it's a downgrade currently.

I wasn't aware Jack was "out" (for whatever reason) currently. I really do think his is the most under threat spot in the 22. Dykes and Porteous being a little out of favour at their clubs isn't ideal but as long as they are involved and staying sharp enough they'll go.

50 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think right now concerns have eased a bit compared to 5 or 6 weeks ago certainly. Robertson's back playing. Hanley's back playing. McKenna got his move and is playing regular top level football in Denmark. Gordon's played some football albeit still very much 2nd choice to Clark. I think Tierney's now also back fit?

Long term injuries to Nisbet and Brown are disappointing but it's likely both (& definitely at least one) were outside the 22 anyway.

The main concern is obviously Hickey who has become very important to us and looks like he might not play again before the finals. If he does it's likely to only be a game or two. Patterson is a capable replacement but isn't match sharp and it's a downgrade currently.

I wasn't aware Jack was "out" (for whatever reason) currently. I really do think his is the most under threat spot in the 22. Dykes and Porteous being a little out of favour at their clubs isn't ideal but as long as they are involved and staying sharp enough they'll go.

Tierney got to play the 30 minutes of extra time as Real Sociedad lost on penalties in the Copa Del Rey semi final last Tuesday.

On Ryan Jack, his manager said this a few weeks ago and he hasn't played a minute since.

Ryan Jack will not be in the selection because he comes out of injury. He has a history of injuries and it’s only a short recovery time between the two games. I will not take risks with him now and we will build him with our medical staff and performance staff in the next weeks and months to make him more robust so that he can come out of this cycle of injuries that he’s had.

Phillipe Clement

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ryan-jack-rangers-risk-philippe-32056311

It could work out well for Scotland ultimately and is the kind of management that would be helpful with Tierney and maybe one or two others. If we get to March with the squad as it is I'd be satisfied - it's in decent shape right now.