⚫️⚪️Queens Park vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 Friday night football

14 minutes ago, Alan Twelve said:

I'm in only if Fox has late-80s Gullit-style hair.

Reason tells me that the only change from last week will be Reid in for Tizzard. Who knows what surprises Veldman might spring though, and frankly who cares, as long as it works?

How about Hepburn? He might change unless he has a good disguise.

How we’re ahead is beyond me, but I’ll take it. Queens should feel very hard done by, our first decent attack and we get a penalty. 
We’re giving them too much space all over the park, the midfield is almost non existent. Anyone have an idea what position Graham is meant to be playing because I haven’t a clue. 

Smash and grab first half if I’ve ever seen one. 

4 minutes ago, Reid said:

We’ve been hopeless but somehow ahead. We’ll need to see an improvement though, QP will score eventually if we keep this up.

Typical of our season, a rare recent first half performance and still losing .

Thistle will surely up their game in the second half

Man what a missed opportunity.

Thistle well below their best and with key players missing, we actually played pretty well for the most part.

Woeful finishing from Paton and relying on out of their depth youth players to get us over the line was what cost us in the end.

why was the goal disallowed then not disallowed?

Dreadful stuff from us. 2 players shouldn’t impact our performance like that but it did, we have zero pace without Fitzpatrick or McMillan. I don’t think Williams was as bad as people made out previously but he was an absolute trainwreck in the second half.

Looking at the gap between Partick and the top of the table I assume they have loads of games in hand just as they did when were about 7 points clear of them?

Once they caught up in games that season we only finished 15 points clear of them. Thank god for goal difference.

Thought Queen’s Park were really good there. Still a bit too soft defensively but they played with much more of a purpose, created plenty of chances and controlled the game throughout. Ultimately not being clinical enough in both boxes cost them the three points but lots to build on for them. 

Thistle were dreadful. They badly miss Docherty and Turner in midfield. Now that Tiffoney is gone they can’t really afford to lose one of Lawless or Fitzpatrick either when the alternatives are sticking McInroy or Williamson out wide it or worse, Wes McDonald. Wasiri Williams was a good laugh. The most concerning thing would be that there was no obvious gameplan or style of play, a real change from the team at the end of last season. Big few weeks ahead for Doolan.

It comes a bit with being in the Championship but that was two teams with absolutely nothing on the bench to change the game. I think Raith and Dundee United will end up miles ahead of the rest of us based on the ability of their subs alone.